Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Woodzzter
Starter Motor

Default Zymol vs Meguairs? (or what polish or wax do you you use?)

OK This is a topic that I know will get all sorts of answers and arguments!

I have just ordered a new BFII XR8 Ute and thought that I might as well try and keep it in top condition.

I have seen a few cleaning products recommended and thought I would see what people use.

One product that I have seen the results of once (BLOODY good but BLOODY expensive) is Zymol. www.zdoau.com.au

I have also had the Meguiars 3 step Deep Crystal system recommended.

I have elected not to go with the Paint protection that they try to flog you after signing up for the car in favour of a few good waxes within the first week of buying the car!

Would be interested in people's experiences with the Meguiars vs Zymol products.

Woodzzter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been many polls if you look it up, megs run at around 70% over all, i think so long as it is a good product and it does the job it is intended for then go with it. I also believe that it is not important that you need to have one brand do it all.

Find the product best suited for each job at hand and remember that price alone is not important.

Lastly having the correct product does not mean that the outcome is automatic as far as results go, you also need the correct tools for the job and also the correct application proceedure, the product is only 1/3 of the final outcome.

Attention to detail will be your best friend, skip or short change any part and you get out what went in.

Mate the ute sounds nice and look forward to some pics.

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #3
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've always used Meguires but I'd be prepared to give the Bowdens own stuff a go if I could find some in a shop.
Regards,
Tote
Old 13-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
Woodzzter
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Been many polls if you look it up, megs run at around 70% over all, i think so long as it is a good product and it does the job it is intended for then go with it. I also believe that it is not important that you need to have one brand do it all.
Yeah - I probably should have searched first and posted later instead of the other way around. I was mainly after a direct comparison between the Meguiars and the Zymol of anyone here has used both products. I have used Meguairs in the past on the motorbike but the price of Zymol has always been a bit of a deterrant and I am not sure if the product is that much better than something like the Meguiars products.

... and yes - there will be pics but I do not take delivery until Feb. Is going to be a long wait
Woodzzter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would be giving the 3 step a miss is it means yo have to do everything 3 times.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
MRJUCY
Fordless

I've got products from dozens of brands of car care. I don't think any one brand makes the best of every type of product & even then how do you decide which is best? I've never found one that is the best in every area so which do you want the most durable, the sharpest reflections, the deepest, wetest shine, the easiest to use, all natural, price etc so in the end it all comes down to you. Find something you like use it properly & often.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #7
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

A mate of mine whose p/time business is truck accessories is bringing in a range of Zepher products (see link)
He's tried the truck polish on a few interstaters, and they are very impressed. I've asked for some of the car stuff, and we'll see how it goes.
http://www.highwayshine.com/cat/Pain...e+Bottles.html
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #8
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Meguairs for me!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #9
Peej

I use Zymol and it is definatly well worth the price. Yoú've got to use the Zymol Autobathe as any other brand of car wash will wash the wax off. Once you've got the wax and the autobathe there's no turning back.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #10
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bowdens for me and as a second Meguairs
Bowdens does not leave the white powder residue behind like the others and is easier to use and plus you are supporting Australian made and owned
Zymol , Swissol are too damn dear
Bowdens in Autobarn stores or online at their web site
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #11
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use Autoglym, reccomend to me by a painter who has been in the trade for over 30years, works a treat on the EB.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post