Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
toxic_ape
Starter Motor

Default abs is off ??

hey guys
i just got back from a aami driving course for young drivers where the instructor told me my abs was turned off and thats why i was skidding everywhere when i braked. my question is what could have caused it and what do i do??? i have been told it may be a fuse gone any other ideas??

its an 08 fiesta if that makes any diff

thanks

toxic_ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

ABS wasn't standard, what model have you got?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
toxic_ape
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
ABS wasn't standard, what model have you got?
i have an lx so base model but i had the abs.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Just check that you can see the abs module under the bonnet, it should be just behind the battery, and have about 4 or 6 metal hoses going into it.

Alternately, is yours manual or auto and what year?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too did the AAMI driving course, and while it was great, the instructors didn't know much about my car (2009 WS Fiesta Zetec). They kept calling my car a Festiva and saying it was Korean designed and made. Doh. Idiots.

According to some of my old brochures, the only model that didn't get ABS with EBD as standard on the 2008 WQ Fiesta was the LX manual. The LX auto, and every other model had it as standard. However, it was an option.

Easy way to tell, is when you turn your car key to the 'accessories' position an ABS logo should light up on the screen. If this doesn't happen, then you don't have ABS. Not sure of a way of turning it off, I'd imagine that that same ABS light would show all the time if the module had been turned off or failed?
Old 13-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
toxic_ape
Starter Motor

Well when I turn my car on the abs light doesn't light up like it used too. I'll have a look under the bonnet now though
Old 13-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's what I'd do, copy your vin number, start with WP, and enter it into the site below. Look at the list of features and if you do not see ABS, then it doesn't have it. If it does, I'd take it to Ford and ask them to turn it back on!

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegS...DEB58.walv0672
Old 25-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Caydus

So how did it go mate? I think we were on the same course, I was the guy with the other Fiesta.

Get it back on again?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
toxic_ape
Starter Motor

yea its all sorted now something with the wireing because i took it to ford one day and they over filled my battery and spilled battery acid all over wires so it all got wired up again and now its all working fine.

thanks everyone for all the help