Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default One of those moments...

Hey gang,

Today I had one of those moments that makes you smile when you drive... After a long, frustrating drive home where the Melbourne roads were full of some of the sleepiest, un-thinkiest dimwits I've ever encountered (I used my horn no less than 5 times and I'm hardly agressive), I rounded the last few corners heading home and when pulling into my street through a 90 degree right, I floored it in first, somewhat frustrated at the pain of the drive home after a long hard day working in the lpant at Broadmeadow building Falcons and Terries as part of my Graduate Program. The little bugger absolutely lit up engine, bit HARD into the tarmac and deadset launched so hard I found myself muttering a mild expletive, shortly followed by a gearchange in to an equally ball tearing 2nd gear run. Being a 60 km/h street I only needed the 2 gears, but I had to almost pause before I got out of my car in the driveway just getting over how hot it was. Just one of those rare absolutely perfect breathtaking moments where everything is perfect, traction, air-temp, power-down... I walked into my place with a smile on my face knowing it was all worthwhile and 2 years after buying the Zetec, I'm still as happy as the day I picked it up. Admittedly happier now she's modded mu ha ha :

The End. :

Last edited by zetec; 20-04-2005 at 06:04 PM.
zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #2
ProjectXR

yeah those are good moment's
only starting to get them again with my lil foci
ProjectXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Im looking forward to many of these 'moments'.

The ones im getting atm and really loving are the comments at the servos - there are not many Foci around here and especially not many like mine. An older guy in an EL Falcon was talking to me afew nights back the servo and was absolutely intrigued by the car, asked all about it and said 'thats the best looking car of its size ive seen, you should be proud'.

Could not get the smile off my face for the next hour.
Old 20-04-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
Suth
Suth

Yep, nice way to put a smile on your face zetec. I cant wait for the nice euro sexy noise from the two-and-a-quarter coming in the next couple of weeks, then the "what the?" head turns from the lancer set will surely put a grin on my face. Yes rice drivers-that colour you are turning is green, envy green Ha!
Old 20-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It's sweet the looks I get from not only the rice burners but even the XR owners, Commodore drivers etc. Love those open windows... drop it down a gear or two and floor it. Euro sexy or BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #6
KJGH
G6E Driver

Talking

Foci rule! Must get a new exhaust. :voldar02:
KJGH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #7
Suth
Suth

yep euro sexy it is.