Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #121
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Its slowly getting there.The main goal is to prioritise important things first then the car. This can be an expensive hobby.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #122
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

you can say that again!
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #123
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

and for all those people saying just wack a turbocharger on, what happens when your car is no longer legal in states like Victoria.
I know that won't bother some people on the forum but I happen to know that with my car if it is not roadworthy or has illegal modifications is no longer covered by my insurance policy.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #124
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I just had to bump this thread.I am still in search of a much quicker timeslip. 4 months have passed since this thread and still I am yet to see an au in the 13 second barrier nor an eseries auto in the 13's.

Guys what do you think? Should I ditch the dev 4 cam and go for something similar to godzilla? What is the best mph from a dev 4 cam? Mine so far is 92.71. This is not enough to achieve my goals.But would the head make this better for the dev 4 ??

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 PM   #125
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
I just had to bump this thread.I am still in search of a much quicker timeslip. 4 months have passed since this thread and still I am yet to see an au in the 13 second barrier nor an eseries auto in the 13's.

Guys what do you think? Should I ditch the dev 4 cam and go for something similar to godzilla? What is the best mph from a dev 4 cam? Mine so far is 92.71. This is not enough to achieve my goals.But would the head make this better for the dev 4 ??
That would be 4 months of scorching hot summer.. with Xmas in the middle to drain finances. Hmmm, why am I not surprised Stav? LOL

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #126
Stav
Smile

True ,true Shane.. I am getting all ready to do whatever it takes to take it as far as it will go. Never heard of a dev 4 pulling 100mph which may be what the wagon needs to do the do!! Dev 5 does though and so would a higher lift cam.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #127
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

100mph will see you doin the do alright.
new head +surecam mmmm.mmm.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #128
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Cant wait to see the cam and head go in. Oh wait, I will be there to see it. :

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #129
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Cant wait to see the cam and head go in. Oh wait, I will be there to see it. :
that'll be the same day that your stroker goes in, eh chief? :P
Old 01-03-2007, 11:23 PM   #130
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Just sticking my bald head in Stav, how's the Gauntlet going ? Not bothering reading all the dribble lol
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:35 PM   #131
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Just sticking my bald head in Stav, how's the Gauntlet going ? Not bothering reading all the dribble lol
Bwahgahah ..funny guy... py:

Old 19-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #132
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

OK .... a mate's EL Fairmont has just posted a P/B (for him)
It's manual ... runs 3.23:1 gears in the rear ... and factory ECU still.
A lot of other mods though ... and still N/A

14.098@96.4mph (with slipping clutch in 2nd)

2.002 60ft
5.805 330ft
9.016 660ft

So ... the I6 has some power in it ... if harnessed properly.
Now for shorter gears in the rear ... and clutch that can handle it as well.
Not far off getting into the 13's.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #133
xr8ute
Back on the road

Wow, thats a nice time...i dont imagine an EL Fairmont is especially light either..(?)

Any chance you can share the specs? Or is there another thread on here that covers it?

Cheers

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #134
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There's some details here ... I don't have all of the engine details at hand though.
The owner is a mechanic ... and has been slowly building it up over time.

OED666 is the only other car I know that is quicker than it ... that is still street driven/registered. And he has runs a 13.822 ... or thereabouts.

Still more work to be done on it though ... so looking forward to lower times.
Old 19-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #135
Stav
Smile

Simon.There are a few eseries guys in the 13's. No au sixes yet and absolutely no auto e or au series cars into 13's yet.Nevertheless Joe had spent some good time on the car and it has done well.Good onya Joe. :

Also I have a feeling that this winter will see alot more quicker 1/4 mile times to come .

Old 22-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #136
AUXR8 2
Starter Motor

Default throwing down the gantlet

Stav, there's alot of people out there that thought I was going to be a short term thing, but people such as yourself & Simon to mension a few have suported me in different ways, & to me that means alot, I don't have a big buget work shop, slate tiled floors or a 400kw promo car to boast about, just 25 years of knowlage, common sence & a no bullshit aproach. What I have achevied last Wensday is only the start, all going good we'll be out there in another 2 weeks for a mid-high 13's pass, its a stg 4 motor with only my stg 2 cam & the stock ECU..........after that, well who knows !!. I can onhestly say that all of my sgt 2 head & cam packages for the (i6) will give you a 14's car, as all the other cars have done (once they get a good launch) Green Machine is still getting use to my stally that we only fitted the night before.
Stav I hope you can come out as I'm going to run my AU 5.0ltr once I get my softwear issues sorted out from cappa, then I can start tunning her.....If not pop in & we'll have the usual chin wag.

cheers

Joe
Crescent Motorsport (Liverpool)
AUXR8 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #137
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Hey Joe, is that 14 second car with the stage 2 head and cam a six or an eight.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 22-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #138
AUXR8 2
Starter Motor

The 3 cars that we ran at the WSID were all 4.0ltrs (I6) aranging from EL XR manual i6 with a stg 2 head & a stg 3 cam, factory ECU, exhaust & CAI only he ran 14.6, the other one was a EF stg 2 head & cam, exhaust & CAI & factory ECU with my rebuild auto & 2800 stally he ran mid 15's but its was his first time on the track & he wasn't use to the stally yet (only fitted the night before) the other EL manual stg 4 motor sgt 2 cam Factory ECU exhaust & CAI mods he ran a 14.098... Hopefully in 2 weeks I'll have 5 cars running out there, I'm hanging out to go..

cheers

Joe.
Old 23-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #139
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
Hey Joe, is that 14 second car with the stage 2 head and cam a six or an eight.
definitely a straight 6.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #140
Stav
Smile

Default At least someone has thrown it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8 2
Stav, there's alot of people out there that thought I was going to be a short term thing, but people such as yourself & Simon to mension a few have suported me in different ways, & to me that means alot, I don't have a big buget work shop, slate tiled floors or a 400kw promo car to boast about, just 25 years of knowlage, common sence & a no bullshit aproach. What I have achevied last Wensday is only the start, all going good we'll be out there in another 2 weeks for a mid-high 13's pass, its a stg 4 motor with only my stg 2 cam & the stock ECU..........after that, well who knows !!. I can onhestly say that all of my sgt 2 head & cam packages for the (i6) will give you a 14's car, as all the other cars have done (once they get a good launch) Green Machine is still getting use to my stally that we only fitted the night before.
Stav I hope you can come out as I'm going to run my AU 5.0ltr once I get my softwear issues sorted out from cappa, then I can start tunning her.....If not pop in & we'll have the usual chin wag.

cheers

Joe
Crescent Motorsport (Liverpool)
Joe ...You honesty and sincerity is paramount in a business where so many of us get led into buying products which do not deliver. Its taken some time but the results speak for themselves. As you may know my head and cam are all back in champ .I cant give it alot of curry as I will blow it up due to the adjustable regulator I installed .The air fuel ratios could well be anywhere.

When are you going to the track? I may just stick the standard regulator in as the car is tuned to it and run it as is with you blokes.

The gauntlet has been throw and it is funny where the few champions have stepped up to the challenge.So far since this post there has been alot of talk but everyones hiding at Krispy Kreme donuts..Wont be long the wagon will be doing a run to refine it further.

edit...i will be there mate to watch .This wednesday looks like a washout.

Last edited by Stav; 23-04-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 23-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #141
AUXR8 2
Starter Motor

I've made the date for the 09/05 hopefully I'll have 4-5 cars running out there & showing some off these V8 holden boys what we can do :thebirds: if not its a good excuse to get away from the Mrs....... lol

Joe.
CMS
Old 24-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #142
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Nice.

I might try and make it down for a bit of a look myself.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #143
Futura01
horsepower

does any body have an idea what the stg 2 head and cam package is worth ?
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #144
The Mighty Red

Ok , I want to run this gauntlet!!

I am going to take the XR down the Willowbank 1/4 mile on the first meet after the Tin Tops which is on this weekend...

I will do a couple of runs with my exhaust and CAI being my only mods.. and that can be a platform to start my Journey into the 14's and beyond...

I am expecting a mid 15 sec pass

mods to come this year :

Hi Stall Convertor
3.9/4.11 Diff Centre
Flasher/Edit.

Does the new Ford Flasher/EDIT allow the AUI6 to be opened right up with Big Cams etc that can be tuned into the car without Issues?
Old 25-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #145
Stav
Smile

Welcome aboard ..enjoy the journey.Go for it. Joe will see you there champ.

Old 25-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #146
The Mighty Red

I may aswell have a crack at it , Willowbank being a 4 hour round trip can no longer be used as an excuse ,

If these SA guys/gals :nutsycuck can get over to heathcote for a 1/4 run then I should get off my a** and make the effort to get to Willowbank.......
Old 25-04-2007, 10:15 PM   #147
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Blue XR6
I may aswell have a crack at it , Willowbank being a 4 hour round trip can no longer be used as an excuse ,

If these SA guys/gals :nutsycuck can get over to heathcote for a 1/4 run then I should get off my a** and make the effort to get to Willowbank.......

mate a few of us are heading out next thursday for the 7 to 11 meet .if you can come for a run.

i won't be throwing down no gauntlet.but i'l be giving it a good bash none the less to see how it goes.
Old 25-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #148
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5
mate a few of us are heading out next thursday for the 7 to 11 meet .if you can come for a run.

i won't be throwing down no gauntlet.but i'l be giving it a good bash none the less to see how it goes.
Yeah, I'm part of this crew heading down. Been looking forward to it for a few weeks now. Just having a good run, that's all.
Old 25-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #149
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5

Throwing down the gauntlet sounds more dramatic.heheh.. : :

Give it a go mate.You've given 100% and it deserve it.Good luck,.

Old 25-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #150
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Blue XR6
mods to come this year :

Hi Stall Convertor
3.9/4.11 Diff Centre
Flasher/Edit.

Does the new Ford Flasher/EDIT allow the AUI6 to be opened right up with Big Cams etc that can be tuned into the car without Issues?
Thats a pretty good selection of mods. And yes, edit is your best chance being able to tune the engine with larger cams and so on... (assuming the tuner understands the EEC).

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post