Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
Stampy

Default The Biggest Problem with the S T 170

They are very hard to sell , I'm selling mine ,what i would say was a cheap price , but no luck at all...
It's only got 30,000klm excellent condition no problems ,but man am i going to have to take a loss, I can't even get $21,000

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be interested in couple of months- but live at the other end of the country!

I think insurance prices are a bit of a put off too. The price I got a while back was fairly expensive given what they are.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stampy can I use it for parts? I want the headlights thats all :P Seriously hopefully you will get a buyer soon they are a nice car

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #4
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Stampy, you just have to be lucky I think. It took me 5 weeks to even get a call about mine. I knew the first person to test drive it would buy it - and they did. However if that person hadn't looked at it, I may still be trying to sell it now.

Mine was modified though, which I think really helped, because the extra power is really needed in the ST170 and transforms it from a good car into a brilliant one. In fact the guy who bought it, initially said he only had 20k to spend - after one lap of the block, he suddenly had $23500 to spend!

I wanted $25,000, but after realising that interest levels were low, I decided that $23500 was not too bad and I took it. I really miss the little blue rocket, especially now as I am waiting an extra 3 months for my XR5 which I ordered in January!

Have you had any interest at all in it, and what's your reason for selling - you haven't had it long have you?

Btw, mine had 44500 km on the clock and was 2004 model.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
Stampy

Only 1 person from Sydney has shown intrest , but couldn't come up with the money , the only reason im selling is i have 3 cars at my house and only one driver me , compant car is free and the XR8 Rebel is my baby , the focus still has a resale value unlike the XR8 ,so it is the best one to sell. i havnt driven it in the last 4 weeks , it just sits in the gararge collecting dust .
Old 03-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
Blue_ST170

Well a friend of mine has offered me 25.000 for mine but i dont wanna sell it yet. Ill see is his still interested and wants to get in touch. Also what mods did u do to ours orsest170???

Saving for: cat-back exhaust
Blue_ST170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #7
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ST170
Ill see is his still interested and wants to get in touch. Also what mods did u do to yours orsest170???
Focus Central aluminium underdrive pulleys
Focus Central 65mm throttle body
K&N Typhoon short ram intake
AEM adjustable exhaust cam sprocket
Random Technology high flow catalytic converter
Eibach prokit lowering springs

I got everything except the cat (which was from Mcnews Automotive) from Central Florida Motorsports. If you are planning on keeping the car and want a few more ponies out of it, I can recommend doing some or all of these mods, as it gives the car the power to match the awesome chassis.

An ECU flasher (like Predator or SCT XCalibrator) will give the best gains, but the best ones are for the SVT focus (American ST170) and I don’t think they recognise our ST170 ECU codes.

You're probably wondering which of these mods is the best right? Well, for me it was definitely the pulleys. This mod was more noticeable than any other and the cheapest too! If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Simon.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #8
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ST170
Well a friend of mine has offered me 25.000 for mine but i dont wanna sell it yet. Ill see is his still interested and wants to get in touch. Also what mods did u do to ours orsest170???

No problem , sounds good ,mine is imaculate so if he is intrested let me know ,If he is in Sydney aswell , thats not that far ,we could orginise something
Old 04-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #9
guym

Must be that shapped focus has little resale value. I tried trading a focus zetec and got offered between 12,500 and 14,000 for it. Would be interested but like others too far away in Adelaide and have to sell mine. Good luck
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post