Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #1
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Default Re Runs

Has anyone noticed that lately Channel Seven and Nine has been doing re runs galore.

I just turn over channels and noticed Desperate house wives was on again, after having been run twice before. This is after "lost" was rerun also tonight.

And, just to top it off, Star StrucK was also rerun today. Is there that much of a lack of programming in summer periods thats only reruns can be programed?
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #2
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

/me hugs foxtel

nothing on there either, but y'know, better then nothing
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's all to do with the rating period,which starts soon. On another note most channels have reformatted and dropped a lot of long time performers....e.g. Jim Whaley from the sunday programme?...was dropped while on holiday.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:31 PM   #4
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selekta
/me hugs foxtel

nothing on there either, but y'know, better then nothing
Hahahahaha, i got Foxtel aswell, my gawd, lets not start about the reruns on there.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

lol ahem, theyre called 'encore specials' :P

yeah ive noticed it too :s but then again i dont watch much tv anymore :P

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #6
Hawk
I am The Brain!

It is a shameless attempt at making sure people have a lesser chance of missing the start of their "BRAND NEW SERIES!!!!!" so that they are more inclined to watch it. It is all marketing. The theory is that some people don't like watching new shows if they have missed the initial episode, and therefore watch something they are already into. The channels are just trying to cover their rears and get that foot in the door so to speak.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:34 AM   #7
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
It is a shameless attempt at making sure people have a lesser chance of missing the start of their "BRAND NEW SERIES!!!!!" so that they are more inclined to watch it. It is all marketing. The theory is that some people don't like watching new shows if they have missed the initial episode, and therefore watch something they are already into. The channels are just trying to cover their rears and get that foot in the door so to speak.
That's the story, its been common practice in the US for a while now.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:35 AM   #8
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I taped both DH and Lost the other night and watched Lost this arvo what a :jerk: of a show. At least I got a laugh out of DH unlike the crap they served up to us in Lost : . Bet they don't get near as many people watching the second episode. : :
Old 06-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #9
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
I taped both DH and Lost the other night and watched Lost this arvo what a :jerk: of a show. At least I got a laugh out of DH unlike the crap they served up to us in Lost : . Bet they don't get near as many people watching the second episode. : :
Didn't watch DH but watched Lost and finished it wondering wtf all the fuss has been about. Is it just me or did it just look like a TV series copy of Jurassic Park? The locations are nearly identical and the whole thumping footsteps/roaring/knocking over trees thing? Come on! :tosser1:
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 11:35 PM   #10
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Didn't watch Lost...not interested at all. Seems to be just another over-hyped american show. Desperate Housewives was actually quite interesting and is one show I will be watching.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #11
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
It's all to do with the rating period,which starts soon. On another note most channels have reformatted and dropped a lot of long time performers....e.g. Jim Whaley from the sunday programme?...was dropped while on holiday.

Rating period started last monday. i think the first night was desperate housewives vs law and order vs cold case
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 12:06 AM   #12
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
Rating period started last monday. i think the first night was desperate housewives vs law and order vs cold case
It starts Monday, the Seven network launched their programs a week in advance to take advantage of the high viewer numbers from the Australian Open.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post