Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default zymol product

anyone used a product called zymol? ived used it a couple of times, its a polish for the car. it works excellent!! brings the car up a1!! i would recommend to use it! its i would say equal to the mguires spray on polish

joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like you have some good results, do you have any pics ?
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

There is a ZŸmol kit you can buy , its $460 and comes with everything in a Suitcase,,,

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 AM   #4
MRJUCY
Fordless

Zymol is a brand they make lots of products what is it you're using?

Zymol sell several kits ranging in price from $230 for a starter kit to over $4k.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY

ranging in price from $230 for a starter kit to over $4k.
keep going:

$11,500 carwash clean up, Herald Sun May, 2006

Picking up on the media frenzy surrounding UK detailer Paul Dalton's use of the zymöl product range, The Herald Sun published an article highlighting the uber-luxurious treatment Paul provides - a 61-stage "Pinnacle Wash".

Each car takes two weeks, including four rinses with filtered water and three coats of $17,000-a-tub wax.

One of the money-is-no-object clients is rock star Rod Stewart, whose $1.6million Ferrari Enzo got the special treatment.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:04 AM   #6
MRJUCY
Fordless

I was talking kits not tubs of wax but the story is an exaggeration Royale is Zymol's most expensive wax which come in at a bit over $9000, Vintage there next down is a bargain at $2880 : (both are for a life times supply not a tub).

Another ultra premium brand Swissol/Swissvax sells it's Divine wax for $3,395 for a life times supply.

I have mates who sell both if anyone out there has far too much money. :
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
goldfire

I think i'm gonna be sick... :

I love washing my falcon once a week and having her looking all glossy and sexy, but WHAT THE F??????... So much for that stuff!!!.. what is it made out of ground down unicorns or something!?!?!.

Tho i did see a story on foxtel about that fella and his uber detailing, how he applies the wax by hand so it goes on in a more even coat and uses some magnifying glass to check for swirls..

utterly insane if you ask me.. nothing wrong with a couple of meguirs bottles and some elbow grease.
goldfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfire
I think i'm gonna be sick... :

I love washing my falcon once a week and having her looking all glossy and sexy, but WHAT THE F??????... So much for that stuff!!!.. what is it made out of ground down unicorns or something!?!?!.
The waxes referenced above are the ultra exclusive, ultra expensive stuff. You'd only use that sort of stuff on classic collectable cars that are kept in a museum. There are many other affordable alternative waxes such as P21S ($50) and Swissol Concorso ($300) that can be used on a daily.

Quote:
Tho i did see a story on foxtel about that fella and his uber detailing, how he applies the wax by hand so it goes on in a more even coat and uses some magnifying glass to check for swirls..
Some waxes such as Swissols Mystery need to applied by hand however most are applied with an applicator.

Quote:
utterly insane if you ask me.. nothing wrong with a couple of meguirs bottles and some elbow grease.
Whats so insane about keeping your car clean? Some have got the means to go all out - others don't or simply dont see the need to. Believe me - if your happy with the Meguairs products you'll be absolutely stunned if you used higher quality products. The Megs stuff contains all sorts of fillers and silicones which not only last 2-3 washes, but hide details in the paint such as metallic flakes. Its something that can't be explained, you have to see a car detailed with Megs products side-by-side with a car detailed with quality products... then it'll make sense.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I have seen some good results of this product on black Fords...
Old 11-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
joe260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it works like a charm on mine being it silver it works excellent!!
joe260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #11
kooky
WRX terrorist

LOL! at MRJUICY & chich :voldar02: :
Old 07-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

This link is a repost, but its very inetresting! (taken from Top gear regarding Zymol...)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vAa-BC2Qhp4