Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 18-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Default my wifes coupe

gday guys thought i would post some pics of my wifes birthday present,i know its extravagent but for putting up druken bum for 23years she deserves it.

its a 1976 yellow blaze fairmont 302 colum auto factory long range tank ,air very very little rust :

motor /gear box out now ,im changing the colour to mulbury on silver
the hole bonnet bumper grill,boot lid ,tail lght panel all to be mulbury .the sill and around the wheel arch mulbury ,the roof and sides to be silver,hope it looks good,never seen a color cobo like this used in the way iv got planed so hope it comes out ok,got an alloy rear wing to mount on the boot ,fibre glass front spoiler and a cobra bonnet scoop,the 302 has been replaced buy a jg66 motor iv had for years got some good bits on it,c4 with 3600 stally ,9inch 3.9 gears .replacing the colum auto with a hurst shifter ,putting a nitros bottel between the seats as a arm rest plus will double as a place to put girly crap in as im cutting a lid in the bottle reckon it will look tuff and when the boys in blue pull us over we can show em its fake:evil3: interier is getting a freshin up ,reapulster the seats in black ,new black hood lining ,but running out of cash fast so going to paint the door trims n do them later ,
,the wheels will be either 15x10 minilites or 15x10 splats got a soft spot for those old muscle wheels dumping the sucker 2inch at the rear but leaving the frount end heigh,i know some think gear drive is gay but i lovem,plus having power steer and air wont allow belt drive,exhaust is let out via hot dog each side no muffler :evil3: to 3inch side pipes just infront of the rear wheels ,had the hot dogs on the 302 and side pips sounded awsom,so cant wait to here it in its full glory go the coupes

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

U have one lucky wife!
Uncle Raggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleraggy
U have one lucky wife!
thanks ,but if u knew how much of a scoundrel iv been over the last 23 years u would say im the lucky one he he he cheers

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 18-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
thanks ,but if u knew how much of a scoundrel iv been over the last 23 years u would say im the lucky one he he he cheers
I like your style! "My wife has been good to me so I'll buy her a muscle car."

Reminds me of the Christmas I bought my wife a new fangled coffee machine. She wasn't very happy with it. She reckoned it was a boys toy and that i bought it for me not her. (she was probably right!)
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Dead set legend! I don't think that I would get away with that, she wants a sof top Mini :
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Go the coupes,love em ,she knows what im up to but ant seen the car !!n doesnt know what to expect, im woried but looking forward to how the paint colour will look,iv tried to keep it looking girly ,but its a coupe :evil3: and coupes look tuff ,

Old 18-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
Electric XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good on you pat, i tried to talk my wife into selling the territory and buying an xy but suprisingly she was not keen.
Electric XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
cob115
COUPE WHORE

few more pics ,getting there,still no ugly finds ,great rust free body for a 33year old coupe ,paint to go on in a couple of weeks ,

Old 21-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #9
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

pat - when did you pick this one up?

you had this one a little while in the shed right...you know...next to my girl
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
pat - when did you pick this one up?

you had this one a little while in the shed right...you know...next to my girl
Gday George ,some years back,yes it was next to the xa , havnt started it for ages n fired up first go but big trany leak : ,nealy sold it a few years back but happy i didnt now, im hopeing she loves the car ,the wife got on the forum n read my post re wifes coupe last night trying to get the low down on how its comeing along,so i got cross and told her to stay away until its ready grrrrr

Old 21-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #11
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Yeah, My wife has been good to me as well over the years. I think I'll buy her a drill press and a lathe for her birthday.............hmmmmmm wish me luck !!!!
Old 21-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #12
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Yeah, My wife has been good to me as well over the years. I think I'll buy her a drill press and a lathe for her birthday.............hmmmmmm wish me luck !!!!

for her next birthday im getting her a bar fridge for my sheds gentilmens retreat area he he he

Old 21-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

hey pat - i see it has two fuel fillers!

is that factory with long range tanks?
Old 21-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #14
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
hey pat - i see it has two fuel fillers!

is that factory with long range tanks?
na mate had lp gas on it ,not any more : been filled in now,i wonder what the dood was thinking when he ordered it in 76 long range tank v8 colum auto with those dicki seat arm rest thingys instead of a console cheers

Old 21-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #15
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i checked for a little red gas sticker on the plates and couldnt see one! no wonder

u cant complain mate - looks the a great base to start from. Although the XA looks better in my opinion. That one is mint! Saggy rear shocks and all
Old 21-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #16
cob115
COUPE WHORE

bugger found rust,have to replace the rear indercater panel section ,plus some in the rear gards ,those dodgy crash repairers grrrrrrrrr

Old 22-11-2008, 08:35 AM   #17
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

My girlfreind just wants to know if the birthday present is REALLY for her or for YOU
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #18
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderoo
My girlfreind just wants to know if the birthday present is REALLY for her or for YOU
he he ,it was heading that way but the wife smelt a rat and put her foot down,definatly a chicks coupe,cheers pat

Old 24-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #19
cob115
COUPE WHORE

cant realy complain to much the rust isnt to bad ,you never know until paint comes of were and how bad it can be,the last pic is of my wife in frount of HER COUPE,il be in the good books for years to come he he cheers pat

Old 24-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #20
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pat

Quick question - have you still got that Landau. Saw it just the other day in the Landau section and couldnt believe it

Didnt know you also had one of those too you sly dog!
Old 24-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #21
cob115
COUPE WHORE

[QUOTE=gcg2503]Pat

Quick question - have you still got that Landau.
howdy mate yes ,getting it ready for historic rego ,started it up a few days ago ,hasnt run for years got a trany leak but you got to expect that sort of stuff when they site around ,hows life in pommy land going,any chance of a white xmas?

Old 24-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #22
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gday Pat

You really are a coupe whore

Picked up some mates from the Airport this morning and was driving in light snow

But it wasnt the type of snow that would stay as snow once it hit the road

Damn cold here mate - lucky i am coming back for 2.5 weeks over Xmas ! Gets dark around 4:30pm here now - no wonder the Poms are miserable
Old 24-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #23
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Gday Pat

You really are a coupe whore

Picked up some mates from the Airport this morning and was driving in light snow

But it wasnt the type of snow that would stay as snow once it hit the road

Damn cold here mate - lucky i am coming back for 2.5 weeks over Xmas ! Gets dark around 4:30pm here now - no wonder the Poms are miserable
eegad snow thats that white stuff i see on the tv?,do you ever see any aussi built fords your way?,would love to go to the mother country one day just to see if the poms winge as much over there as they do here cheers pat,ps post some pics if you see any aussi cars over your way be intresting cheers

Old 26-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #24
cob115
COUPE WHORE

few pics of the coupe from this morning

Old 26-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #25
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is that Wild Plum?
Old 26-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #26
XYGTReplica

Quote:
Is that Wild Plum?
It looks like Wild Plum to me George. A nice sedate colour hey Pat! Heather should blend in nicely in her new coupe. NOT!! Is it going to be all one colour or is it going to have highlights in another colour?

Cheers
John
XYGTReplica is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #27
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTReplica
It looks like Wild Plum to me George. A nice sedate colour hey Pat! Heather should blend in nicely in her new coupe. NOT!! Is it going to be all one colour or is it going to have highlights in another colour?

Cheers
John
Gday John n George ,yep wild plumb gents
dono if u guys saw a recent edition of ford performance mag it had a blue n white coupe , i think it was bonds old car ,any way i like the way the colour was set up ,so im going wild plumb on the grill bumper bonnet along the top side of the doors down the sides to just past the rear window,then on the boot rear tail light panel rear bumper then allong the bottom seal panel just like the GT black ou area ,the rest of the car is this shinny asssss silver sides of the car silver roof ,lots n lots of clear ,cheers pat ,paint on it next week yeehaaa

Old 26-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #28
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

like this one Pat?

or like the goss xb race car (with blue bumper, grille, bonnet etc)
Old 27-11-2008, 07:23 AM   #29
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
like this one Pat?

or like the goss xb race car (with blue bumper, grille, bonnet etc)
not the xa the xb go the goss ,yep wild plumb bumper grill etc ,cheers pat

Old 28-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #30
cob115
COUPE WHORE

what started as a little rust went further

so rather than have a few holes to fix it was easyer and better to remove the old panel n fit a new one ,saved on time as well ,