Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Default Wagon load capacity

Hey, im just curious as to how much weight the wagon is limited to? how much weight it can take?

cheers

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I reckon it would be limited to no more than about 350-400kg max but don't quote me on that. As for how much it can "take", well, that's a different story

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

575kg comes to mind, but i'm not 100% sure
Old 31-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I think 575kg is more than the XLS ute takes ... I think it will be less than that.
Wagon has softer springs in than the utes.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

ok thanks fellas, yeh springs are definatly softer, after about 300 odd kg's the wagon becomes a lowrider hehe

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

I doubt wagons would be able to take more than 200-300kg with the standard springs.

Wagons have 4 thin leaves.
XL utes have 3 thin leaves and 1 very thick leaf.
XLS utes have 3 thin leaves and 1 thick leaf.

I added 2 leaves to my folks wagon and had them reset lower, it still wouldn't take much more than 300-400kg, but it also sits lower than standard.

I suspect the wagon chassis/body could be capable of up to 500kg, but you would need some ute springs to do it.
Old 31-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

definitely need ute springs in there to reduce the sag for sure.
God even Telstra needed to put ute springs in all of their wagons ... I bet when they go to auction all the rear bushes are flogged out.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post