Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Marlboro2728

Default Warranty

Tdci has just clocked 100,200kms in just under three years. The passengers side door lock has just died. Is it rude to think that it should be replaced under warranty. The dealer who has serviced it all along have said nope, over 100,000. Considering I average 750kms a week, it is only two days over in warranty. Ford CSC have also said it is up to the dealer. Any suggestions?

Marlboro2728 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro2728
Tdci has just clocked 100,200kms in just under three years. The passengers side door lock has just died. Is it rude to think that it should be replaced under warranty. The dealer who has serviced it all along have said nope, over 100,000. Considering I average 750kms a week, it is only two days over in warranty. Ford CSC have also said it is up to the dealer. Any suggestions?
Maybe try another dealer if yours won't come to the party. You could always try saying that you had mentioned you had an intermittent issue with the door lock to the service people prior to the 100,000 K's clocking up but when they checked it wouldn't play up Pretty bloody miserable of the dealer to knock you back when it's only a few k's out of warranty. I would try them again first, kick up a stink about the fact that you have paid out $1000's on servicing over the past 3 years and have been a loyal customer all that time, if you purchased the vehicle there I'd also try the New Car manager and voice your concerns to him, after that take it to the dealer principal and try him. Don't give up, they could easily have this fixed for you at no cost to them, it's time to turn up the heat
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
burnz
VFII SS UTE

have they had the car for any other warranty work?

if the had the car for two days for warranty then two days are added to the 3yrs.
the clock stop's when at the dealers.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro2728
That's pretty poor coming from the dealer you have been loyal to. It will cost them nothing (Just a bit of time)to put in a prior work approval through to Ford warranty and ask for a goodwill request. If FCSC has said its up to the dealer, then I think they should honour your loyalty. Speak to the Service manager. If they have already tried with Ford HQ then it's not the dealer but Ford. Maybe the can come to the party by paying for the part and you pay labour? Or 50/50?
They should give.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After warranty goodwill isn't at the discretion of the dealer, what has been said there is a touch misleading.

The dealer does have to ask for after warranty goodwill, but it isn't them who have the final say..... That may be what CRC meant.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Marlboro2728

Thanks for the suggestions. I spoke to the Service Manager and I am taking it in this week to be assessed before they send off some paperwork to see if it will be covered under warranty. Will let you know how it goes.
Old 31-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Interested to know which Ford dealer (then I can stay away from them)...
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
After warranty goodwill isn't at the discretion of the dealer, what has been said there is a touch misleading.

The dealer does have to ask for after warranty goodwill, but it isn't them who have the final say..... That may be what CRC meant.

I did not say it was at the discretion of the dealer.Being a loyal customer, the dealer should have acted on behalf of the customer and asked/requested Ford for goodwill. Not just point blank say,sorry out of warranty,tough. I have seen many a time because of a good service history and loyalty, Companies have come to the party, also in the hope the customer will be happy and will consider buying another Ford. Keeping in mind there are other car companies out there with better warranties.

The other thing which is not clear is whether the door actuator part of the lock failed or the lock itself.You'd expect the d/s one to fail first if it is the lock, but if its the actuator then they all get used the same amount.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
Marlboro2728

After four visits to the dealer, door lock is finally fixed - under warranty.