Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #61
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Focus LEMON help!!

as a young buk i worked in another workshop of a different car company and the P.D was much the same, very dependent on the the bloke doing the job and the facilities of the dealer, i`d say it`s the same across the car industry, and it would appear even the posher brands let out some lemons ............surprisingly some of the more expensive european brands have lemon car sites dedicated to them on the net, maybe the only answer is to insist on being there while the P.D is done .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #62
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

I was going to look at the Focus for my next car, but this once again has reaffirmed my position of never buying a Ford again.
Old 31-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #63
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which is a shame, because 95 or even 99% of the cars have little or no problems. The whole dealer issue of trying to avoid the issue at all costs is mostly to blame. If they just fixed what honestly needs fixing, rather than making excuses, then it wouldn't be half the problem.

I imagine dealers and makers of every brand are highly allergic to forking out if they can avoid it. Then again, owners tend to want every little thing fixed, rather than trying a simple fix of their own.

As an example, recently I've had a distinct creak coming from the rear of the LV, which I have traced to the hatchback glass trim on one side. I could take it back and ask it to be sorted OR I can work out a way of lubricating it. I've chosen the latter option*, but I bet a lot of people would just drop it off at the dealer and demand that the dealer/Ford sort it out.

* Can anyone suggest a suitable product, btw? Something that won't dry out too quickly or affect the plastic it's going to be smeared on.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.

Last edited by In Focus; 31-07-2011 at 02:31 PM.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #64
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
but I bet a lot of people would just drop it off at the dealer and demand that the dealer/Ford sort it out.
So it's wrong if a 90 year old grandmother who buys a new car to take it back to have an annoying little problem fixed? It's called warranty and that is what warranty is for. Why would you attempt to fix it yourself or pay for someone else to do it, when it's covered under warranty?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #65
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a very small problem. A motor or a gearbox issue is a different story.

Old 31-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
What happened to PRE DELIVERY (to customer) checks.
Doesnt the dealer check the car when he gets it from Ford (Fords carrier)

Surely the dealer should precheck and return the LEMON units to Fords... and not have a buying customer determine its a lemon?
Pre Delivery? Doing them properly, I managed 7 cars in a day when I was working at the dealership, but that was too slow for them, so basically what they told me to do was tick the whole sheet, sign the form and put it back in the yard without checking anything. We didn't have a belt tension guage anyway which was one of the checks, so even me doing it "properly" we still missed out on some things.

No one does pre delivery properly.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #67
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That wasnt a Ford dealership was it Big damo?
More like a stylised H.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #68
ptwhite2003

Quote:
As an example, recently I've had a distinct creak coming from the rear of the LV, which I have traced to the hatchback glass trim on one side. I could take it back and ask it to be sorted OR I can work out a way of lubricating it. I've chosen the latter option*, but I bet a lot of people would just drop it off at the dealer and demand that the dealer/Ford sort it out.

* Can anyone suggest a suitable product, btw? Something that won't dry out too quickly or affect the plastic it's going to be smeared on.
I hear talcum powder can work wonders with creaking interior trim.
ptwhite2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #69
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: Ford Focus LEMON help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwhite2003
I hear talcum powder can work wonders with creaking interior trim.
Thanks, mate. I'll give that one a try.

I was thinking of trying pencil lead, which is along the same lines, a super-fine gritty substance.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #70
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Which is a shame, because 95 or even 99% of the cars have little or no problems. The whole dealer issue of trying to avoid the issue at all costs is mostly to blame. If they just fixed what honestly needs fixing, rather than making excuses, then it wouldn't be half the problem.

I imagine dealers and makers of every brand are highly allergic to forking out if they can avoid it. Then again, owners tend to want every little thing fixed, rather than trying a simple fix of their own.

not an uncommon problem in modern cars with all the plastic , xc falcon windscreen pillar moulds used to creak, we used to pull them of and put a smear of vaseline on them and refit..........no more creak ;).
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #71
blatchie

People bag Hyundai however on my current car a Getz I have had these things replaced under warranty. Steering wheel (for a small amount of peeling leather)
Leather boot around gearstick. Ignition surround. Airvents that would not stay adjusted. The service dept told me that anything that goes wrong we will replace under warranty. I can only hope that my Ford dealer will do the same on my new Focus Sport (when I get it)
blatchie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #72
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford PR
Ford is aware of the concerns TheFonze73 has with his vehicle and we've been working with the Dealership and our CRC to further investigate these concerns. Our Dealer and the CRC have been in regular contact with TheFonze73 and Ford reps have been seeking to contact him over the last week. Contact was reached yesterday and we're working together to arrange a mutually convenient time for a Ford Australia rep to inspect the vehicle at an Authorised Ford Dealer.
Would be good to hear if this issue was sorted to the customer's satisfaction in this case. Any news?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #73
InTrail

Its been over a year. Surely not even Ford management moves that slow.