Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
kjau99
Starter Motor

Default New Focus Ghia

Hey everyone, I thought I would post some pics of my new Ghia. I have had it for 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Despite a few minor issues, I am very happy with my purchase. If anyone has any questions about the Focus, ask away :voldar02:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

kjau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Good stuff - just like the brochure with the 17in. wheels - in my opinion better than the slightly fussy standard Ghia alloys.

Externally very similar to my LX, but inside is where the difference lies with that much lighter leather trim.

If anyone has the accessory brochure for the LS, there's a two-page colour picture of an identical pure silver Ghia with the optional alloys, but I swear the ride height is lower!
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Nice nice... I'm going to put up pictures of my LX next week.

What kind of problems did you have with it? I'm curious to know if you don't mind sharing.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
WASP
Whipple Induced

Very nice indeed. Would have bought one but my partner wanted the hatch which didn't come in the Ghia. Bought the Zetec instead but nice still the same. The sedans do appear to sit very high compared to the Zetec. Must be that 'sports' suspension..lol
Old 22-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #5
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

According to wheels mag, Zetec sits 10mm lower

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done mate. Looks good!
I have owned my Zetec for the last 2 weeks & love it. Touch wood no problems to report as yet. Lets hope never!
Just curious, what sort of problems have you had? I hope they have been fixed by your dealer!
Focussed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #7
kjau99
Starter Motor

Thanks guys! So far I've identified two things, the windscreen is slightly scratched and the front passenger air vent doesn't seem to let any air in. I've let the dealership know and these things are going to be fixed at the 3000km service.
kjau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #8
marcosambrose

I had a dream that i owned a black LS Focus Ghia lowered by about 35mm and had 18s on it, can anyone photoshop this for me? it looked wicked in my dream...
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 01:19 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

If you check out http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/newfocusghia, I had a Ghia sedan to run in for the weekend at launch last year, what a DREAM of a thing to drive, just a beautiful car even on the stock 16's. Congrats on the purchase, the leather is gorgeous and the dual zone climate is brilliant, I'd love to own a Ghia!!
Old 25-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #10
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have got the ghia but.... auto only... big shame
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
dasheight
Starter Motor

Default A fifth ghia?

Still enjoying my Silver Ghia sedan after 15,000ks. It keeps getting better with age. The 17" Zetec alloys are definitely the way to go - as long as you don't mind the extra road noise... Overall, I love the car, but it would be perrrrfect with curtain airbags, another cog in the autobox, decent speakers, and rear interior door trim that doesn't look like it's straight out of a 1983 Mitsubishi Colt GL. But now I'm just being picky.
dasheight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post