Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default DAB+ For 2010 Zetec

So I've noticed the new model Mondeos that are coming out with the Sony head unit have "DAB+" printed on the front of the head unit.

Would it be possible to look at buying one of the DAB+ head units and swapping it out for mine without DAB and still have full functionality of it through the steering wheel & Convers+ screen? Or would it not integrate correctly?

Next question would be, does anyone know how much Ford would charge for one of these units as a spare part?

I don't really want to look at going an aftermarket unit as I still want the FULL functionality of it working in conjunction with the Convers+ screen.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: DAB+ For 2010 Zetec

Europe uses DAB, not DAB+, so that might be an issue. It might be doubtful that Ford Europe would invest in changing the software or something else for a small market like Australia.

The new Camry is coming out with a DAB+ in some of the models. Pity others don't follow suit.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I meant some of the Australian ones sorry

I got the idea due to an image on the Ford Australia website of the Sony premium system. Going back and looking again though it did only say "DAB" though, with a different logo to Australian DAB, not DAB+

But after reading your post and going back and reading further, the specifications of the car only state "Sony premium sound system – Single slot CD and AM/FM radio with 9 speakers" so maybe you're right.

Might get a cheap $50 portable DAB and use it through the aux-in, pity, I really would have liked an integrated DAB head unit.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

There's a few aftermarket ones here: http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/i...special=radios which either are replacements, need to be installed and connected to the existing or hang off the windscreen.

These ones are more portable: http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/i...special=radios

But I'd be thinking that are you going to get anything different than you do now, or that an iPod/iPhone with lots of songs isn't? I listen to digital all the time at home, and apart from ABC Grandstand and a local station called Aussie, it's no different than what you'd get on terrestrial radio. And you wouldn't get drop outs either.

I couldn't justify the $199 for the Pure Highway, and it's also something else to hang off the windscreen. Plus it's also something else to worry about getting stolen, unless you up for the ones that connect to the standard stereo.

Using the portable one might work, but reception might be an issue unless its up high. If I could I'd go for one that sat on the drivers side corner and was integrated into the stereo, but $500 before installation, makes you think.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post