Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #5791
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Given the enormity of this event it would be a shame to see the thread locked because of international political views.

Im sure we can all be mature enough to continue the updates and how it is effecting our lives, I think its healthy to see what others are dealing with.

A couple of bans from the Pub would sort it quick enough. Remember the cries of not letting the minority ruin it for the majority.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #5792
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
It's a tough one isn't it. People who have a secure job and are able to work though the pandemic have one view on how to handle it. And people who's lives and job are impacted have a different view.

Both views are probably self-serving to equal extents.
Old 27-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #5793
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

151 new cases for Australia and 24 deaths sees the CMR rise to 2.178% while active drop to 4,555. NSW recorded 6 cases, Queensland recorded 1 case with the balance in Victoria. It was also the second highest count for deaths in a day.

5 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.298% and active cases rise to 134.

The UK had 1,048 new cases and (supposedly) 16 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 12.609% although we know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines.

Just over 40k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,250 deaths sees CMR remain at 3.062% and active cases drop to 42.3% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global case numbers were the second highest recorded for a single day;
The USA completes 78M, India 37M, Russia 35M and Germany 11M tests;
Asia records a new high for daily cases with 103,252;
The CMR for Oceania has now risen above that of Asia (2.08% v 2.05%);

Greece (293), Libya (553), Argentina (10,550 today + 8,771 yesterday) and India (75,995) all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 27-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #5794
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
It's a tough one isn't it. People who have a secure job and are able to work though the pandemic have one view on how to handle it. And people who's lives and job are impacted have a different view.

I think the worst bit is we are at a point of no return (have been for a while).

If we relax and drop our guard it runs wild and then all this grief and anguish will be for nothing.

We need to, and hopefully will, get to a point where we can open borders etc back up but we need a better testing regime and one that is proactive.

If if there are no symptoms do spot testing etc. Keep age care facilities on priority for workforce management/visitor access.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #5795
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
So anyway. Can wild animals get Coronavirus?

I was watching some duck videos earlier and was wondering if there have been cases of wild animals contracting the disease.
Hey Goose. Yes they can.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...est-bronx-zoo/

In addition to the above, my vet tells me corona viruses live in domestic and wild animals, including dogs, cats, pigs, horses, chicken etc. But don't be afraid, there is currently no evidence that it can jump from these animals to humans. Remember, they are still trying to find out which animal caused the first human infection. CV originated from bats, but scientists don't believe it jumped straight from bats to humans, they believe there was an intermediary carrier which they are still trying to source. Of course, there are other theories, but I'll stick with science for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
People who have a secure job and are able to work though the pandemic have one view on how to handle it. And people who's lives and job are impacted have a different view.
Yep, try not to judge. In addition to job security, it also has a bit to do with past experiences and upbringing..

https://penntoday.upenn.edu/news/why...avirus-COVID19

https://www.abc.net.au/life/why-coro...ently/12046602
This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #5796
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hey Goose. Yes they can.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...est-bronx-zoo/

In addition to the above, my vet tells me corona viruses live in domestic and wild animals, including dogs, cats, pigs, horses, chicken etc. But don't be afraid, there is currently no evidence that it can jump from these animals to humans. Remember, they are still trying to find out which animal caused the first human infection. CV originated from bats, but scientists don't believe it jumped straight from bats to humans, they believe there was an intermediary carrier which they are still trying to source. Of course, there are other theories, but I'll stick with science for now.

Yep, try not to judge. In addition to job security, it also has a bit to do with past experiences and upbringing..

https://penntoday.upenn.edu/news/why...avirus-COVID19

https://www.abc.net.au/life/why-coro...ently/12046602
That ABC article is interesting - I like this part:

Quote:
Having compassion and understanding
Dr Savage says Australians are living in a society that is becoming more individualist than collectivist.

"Half of us are going 'that is very anti-social', while the other half is saying 'good on you'," he says in regards to people stocking up on supplies.

Dr Cantwell-Bart says in a time of crisis, it's important to be respectful and tolerant.

"It's about being more compassionate. Understanding that people who might be behaving in ways we might not, are doing it for good reason."

Dr Savage recommends taking a step back to remember we're all different, and there isn't always right and wrong.

"Take a little bit more time to say 'I don't understand what that person is doing, but is that a problem?'"
The 'respectful and tolerant' part isn't reciprocated by the people supportive of the government and their current measures - if you have the opposite view or wish to question the motives or methodology you're dismissed as a 'conspiracy theorist'.

You can see this with the attitudes towards protesting - BLM protests compared to anti mask/restrictions protests, one is effectively 'sanctioned' and the others are cast as degenerates.
Old 27-08-2020, 12:33 PM   #5797
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123

There is understandably a range of concerns about the current restrictions.

It seems from my keyboard view; the protestors in Costa Rica are well organised and are clearly articulating what their grievances are and what they would like done about it.

In contrast about a hundred people walking down a street in Dandenong, some of whom claim to be exercising, are trying to antagonise a confrontation for obscure political motives.

I don't see them as the same thing or some sort of world movement.

Melbourne has begrudgingly accepted the current restrictions and is adapting to "the new normal in these unprecedented times'.
Old 27-08-2020, 12:39 PM   #5798
prydey
Rob

I will never understand protests. Rarely, if ever, do they achieve anything and mostly they just distance people further rather than make them sympathetic to your cause.

I went past a BLM protest in the city here (adelaide) a few months back, and it was just an angry group of people standing around with a few taking turns to get up on a soap box and shout at everyone in the most off putting tone... How is that meant to achieve anything? Apart from the fact that its a bit of an echo chamber as all those that actually attend a protest already agree with it.

It just wastes a couple of hours of police time because they have to stand around and cordon off the area just so these angry people can have their little moment.
Old 27-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #5799
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I will never understand protests. Rarely, if ever, do they achieve anything and mostly they just distance people further rather than make them sympathetic to your cause.

I went past a BLM protest in the city here (adelaide) a few months back, and it was just an angry group of people standing around with a few taking turns to get up on a soap box and shout at everyone in the most off putting tone... How is that meant to achieve anything? Apart from the fact that its a bit of an echo chamber as all those that actually attend a protest already agree with it.

It just wastes a couple of hours of police time because they have to stand around and cordon off the area just so these angry people can have their little moment.
Cause they want to be seen as doing something. It's all virtue signalling. Hey everybody look at me, aren't I great. Typical attention seeking behaviour from these kinds of people.

Is it in any way surprising they post videos when they get arrested for it, trying to get more facebook and IG likes?
3 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #5800
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Shut it down. Russ can still update it with facts/data.
Seconded - I only drop in for Russ' daily stats and charts. I love a good chart
Old 27-08-2020, 01:29 PM   #5801
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Perhaps be thankful we/you havent felt the need to protest?

I agree its painful in most cases but protests have a place, most of us here are in a category that means we dont feel the need because life is pretty good when you take a step back.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #5802
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We haven't had some charts for awhile so here is another look at the countries we are watching in detail.

Starting with Australia, the trend-line is now pointing downward thanks to the lockdown in Victoria:

Spain is also (finally) heading in the downward direction:

Italy, after a long period of low numbers has started to climb again over the last 2-3 weeks:

.. as is the United Kingdom

Brazil is also heading downward after a long period where cases continued to grow

Even the USofA is just starting to see a slight flattening of what had been a straight upward line rather than a curve..

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 27-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #5803
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Next up is a look at some of the 7 day moving averages for new case numbers per 100k of population.

The first chart, for those >20 per 100k shows a steep climb for the Ukraine over the last 30 days although it might be turning around; Panama had been in decline but has started to climb again; Brazil is gradually heading downward and Chile has been steadily falling since a mid June peak.

The next chart (15-20 cases / 100k) shows Peru continuing to climb (and they should be in the chart above really; the USA & Dominican Republic starting to trend downward after peaking earlier this month and Moldova on the rise again.

The next chart (10-15 cases / 100k) shows Honduras in a steady decline over the last month or so; Saudi Arabia starting to climb slightly after being in decline since late June and both Russia and Belarus in decline, the latter much faster than the former.

The next chart (2-10 cases / 100k) shows Sweden in rapid decline since peaking in late June; India, El Salvador, Mexico, UK and the Netherlands all continuing to climb albeit at different rates and Czechia just being inconsistent even using 7-day moving averages.

The last chart in this series (<2 cases / 100k) shows all of the countries starting gentle upward swings after a long period of stable case numbers

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #5804
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
We haven't had some charts for awhile so here is another look at the countries we are watching in detail.

Starting with Australia, the trend-line is now pointing downward thanks to the lockdown in Victoria:

Spain is also (finally) heading in the downward direction:

Italy, after a long period of low numbers has started to climb again over the last 2-3 weeks:

.. as is the United Kingdom

Brazil is also heading downward after a long period where cases continued to grow

Even the USofA is just starting to see a slight flattening of what had been a straight upward line rather than a curve..

That's a worrying trend for the UK, especially given, as I understand it, recent moves to ease restrictions.

It just goes to show what a fine balancing act the governments have to be able to manage this virus.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #5805
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

I haven't a problem with peoples' rights to protest.
It was the colonial Stonemason's who kicked off the whole 8 hour day and one reason we all enjoy better wages, child care and living conditions.
https://www.nma.gov.au/defining-mome...eight-hour-day
Critical Mass has achieved a few rights for cyclist over the years but hey why not let everyone else do that so you can enjoy the benefits.

Old 27-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #5806
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
You can see this with the attitudes towards protesting - BLM protests compared to anti mask/restrictions protests, one is effectively 'sanctioned' and the others are cast as degenerates.
Yeah thats the hollywood effect.

Quote:
Hollywood Effect
Using a celebrity or high profile individual to add status, glamour, or recognition to a project.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ywood%20Effect

You cannot do anything in society today without getting the support of a Hollywood actor or public government official first. Brainwashing at its finest brought to you buy the old fashioned Jews from Hollywood for 100 years.

If Jesus came back today he would be able to tell anyone to do anything and they would do it straight away, including think for themselves and make proper decisions based upon rational arguments that he makes in public.

But if he gets it wrong he is crucified again.

Exact same mechanism is rife today in society, you cannot be helpful at all to anyone about anything unless you have some kind of status or image or degree. You cannot be an ordinary joe blo off the street and say what you think because you'll get torn to shreds by everyone including your own mother.

So... if you are a scientist and you don't have a twitter/facebook presence you cannot tell the followers of a bloke who has a 100,000 followers what to do, you can't argue or reason with them because they want a piece of fame. Time in front of the camera. Even if it means dying.

Same reason why FoMoCo used to treat their engineers like garbage back in the 1970s.

This exact mechanism is actually what has caused the destruction of modern society today and why people are walking around like Zombies wanting a piece of fame and not listening to logic or reason.

I believe this is the problem that you have actually.

Last edited by gooseneck; 27-08-2020 at 04:12 PM.
Old 27-08-2020, 04:46 PM   #5807
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Yeah thats the hollywood effect.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...ywood%20Effect

You cannot do anything in society today without getting the support of a Hollywood actor or public government official first. Brainwashing at its finest brought to you buy the old fashioned Jews from Hollywood for 100 years.

If Jesus came back today he would be able to tell anyone to do anything and they would do it straight away, including think for themselves and make proper decisions based upon rational arguments that he makes in public.

But if he gets it wrong he is crucified again.

Exact same mechanism is rife today in society, you cannot be helpful at all to anyone about anything unless you have some kind of status or image or degree. You cannot be an ordinary joe blo off the street and say what you think because you'll get torn to shreds by everyone including your own mother.

So... if you are a scientist and you don't have a twitter/facebook presence you cannot tell the followers of a bloke who has a 100,000 followers what to do, you can't argue or reason with them because they want a piece of fame. Time in front of the camera. Even if it means dying.

Same reason why FoMoCo used to treat their engineers like garbage back in the 1970s.

This exact mechanism is actually what has caused the destruction of modern society today and why people are walking around like Zombies wanting a piece of fame and not listening to logic or reason.

I believe this is the problem that you have actually.
The Jews ?

Have you been drinking ?
3 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #5808
PhilT2

Almost 50 North Texans drank bleach since the start of August.
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/08/24/...nt-cure-covid/
Where could they have got such a stupid idea?
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #5809
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
The Jews ?

Have you been drinking ?
Yeah I didn't mean that in an anti-semetic emotional way but more of a factual way. In fact I'm a fan of the morals and values that Jewish writers have portrayed in many family sitcoms of the 1980s and 1990s where issues are resolved not through constant arguing but through coming together. But it can be a two edged sword.

The Jewish people founded most if not all of hollywood but they don't control it today. That would be hardcore conspiracy nut territory of the Marlon Brando variety.

What I'm referring to when I said what I did was the fact that you need to be a good person morally and impossibly "Squeaky clean" all of the time if you are going to be able to change anyone's mind, so therefore it is easy to deny someone the ability to change anybody elses mind by attacking their morality and family values. This can be used by anyone even your own mother before you've had the time to voice your true intentions fully.

It is a highly emotional dropkick that is pure evil.

That particular mechanism was created by the old fasioned Jews of Hollywood. Attacking somebody's character rather than their idea is what they came up with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist

Listen to this:
Quote:
When Stander was himself called before HUAC, he began by pledging his full support in the fight against "subversive" activities:

I know of a group of fanatics who are desperately trying to undermine the Constitution of the United States by depriving artists and others of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness without due process of law ... I can tell names and cite instances and I am one of the first victims of it ... [This is] a group of ex-Fascists and America-Firsters and anti-Semites, people who hate everybody, including Negroes, minority groups, and most likely themselves ... [T]hese people are engaged in a conspiracy outside all the legal processes to undermine the very fundamental American concepts upon which our entire system of democracy exists.[45]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Stander

Why did he attack their character?

I believe that Labor lost the last election as a result of this mechanism and it is this mechanism which has caused a great deal of destruction all throughout society because even if its a really good idea to put on a mask before stepping outside if any "Scientist" has ever killed a pet mouse in the past for scientific means that can then be used by nutjob conspiracy theorists to pander to "All Scientists and Doctors are evil".

Breaking this constant cycle of ignoring someones advice purely because of a bad deed in their past must end in order for society to evolve.

The MRC-5 debate is a great example of this. Weather the vaccine has or hasn't got MRC-5 isn't up for debate. its the fear tactic that is causing people to behave in this way:
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...se-fetal-cells
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/aborte...ry?id=29005539

Last edited by gooseneck; 27-08-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Old 27-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #5810
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Imagine the logistics behind not only the actual planes but the controls required so this isn't a big Covid spread exercise.

Here is the site, worth a look. Click on any plane, helicopter and see what, where and to.
off topic but ... Interesting thing too...click on the circular ones, they are the Loons (Project Loon).
Owned by Alphabet (Google) to make internet available .. everywhere.
I payed the $5 odd and bought this app for my phone, real time travel info from home.

https://www.flightradar24.com/25.4,-144.23/2

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 27-08-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Old 27-08-2020, 08:37 PM   #5811
prydey
Rob

Similar to the shipping one posted earlier. Mind boggling how much traffic there is between countries by water and air, even with limited/restricted travel.
Old 27-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #5812
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Similar to the shipping one posted earlier. Mind boggling how much traffic there is between countries by water and air, even with limited/restricted travel.
That's what sparked my thought, this was notably busier pre Covid. Some locations are 'unreal' with their traffic.
First time I noticed a Loon though
Old 27-08-2020, 11:33 PM   #5813
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Almost 50 North Texans drank bleach since the start of August.
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/08/24/...nt-cure-covid/
Where could they have got such a stupid idea?

Search up MMS Miracle Mineral Solution

This predates Trumps quote.

Mind you he really needs to be careful when he thinks out loud !
Old 28-08-2020, 12:08 AM   #5814
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing like a bit of #TDS to bring a bit of stupidity to the thread. As stupid as those who literally drink fish tank cleaner or bleach because they interpreted Trump as saying to do so, we have mask wearers wearing N95 masks when the packages they come in stating the masks provide no protection against Covid-19. Both are as stupid as eachother.
6 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 02:05 AM   #5815
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Both global case and mortality numbers are starting to show a slight improvement if only just in the case of mortalities...

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-08-2020, 02:15 AM   #5816
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
.... we have mask wearers wearing N95 masks when the packages they come in stating the masks provide no protection against Covid-19. Both are as stupid as each other.
Where do you get that idea from?

To quote the CDC:

Actually a type of respirator, an N95 mask offers more protection than a surgical mask does because it can filter out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales. As the name indicates, the mask is designed to block 95% of very small particles.

They are far more effective than surgical masks (again quoting the CDC):

Surgical masks do NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection.

The only comment the CDC makes in terms of preferences is this:

While surgical and N95 masks may be in short supply and should be reserved for health care providers, cloth face coverings and masks are easy to find or make, and can be washed and reused.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 04:21 AM   #5817
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Where do you get that idea from?

To quote the CDC:

Actually a type of respirator, an N95 mask offers more protection than a surgical mask does because it can filter out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales. As the name indicates, the mask is designed to block 95% of very small particles.

They are far more effective than surgical masks (again quoting the CDC):

Surgical masks do NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection.

The only comment the CDC makes in terms of preferences is this:

While surgical and N95 masks may be in short supply and should be reserved for health care providers, cloth face coverings and masks are easy to find or make, and can be washed and reused.
Its not an idea.

From Moldex website;

https://www.moldex.com/faqs-coronavirus/
7. Will a respirator protect me from the coronavirus?
The CDC has provided guidance on the use of PPE and recommends the use of a fit-tested NIOSH-approved N95 or higher level respirator for healthcare personnel. While no form of respiratory protection will eliminate the transmission of viruses such as COVID-19, a N95 respirator, properly fitted and used, will help.

You can read more about CDC guidance and respirator use in our General Coronavirus Tech Brief.

If someone coughs near you the virus can enter through your eyes.

https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-...ection-pinkeye

How can the coronavirus affect your eyes?
The coronavirus can spread through the eyes, just as it does through the mouth or nose. When someone who has coronavirus coughs, sneezes, or talks, virus particles can spray from their mouth or nose onto your face. You are likely to breathe these tiny droplets in through your mouth or nose. But the droplets can also enter your body through your eyes. You can also become infected by touching your eyes after touching something that has the virus on it.

It might be possible for coronavirus to cause a pink eye infection (conjunctivitis), but this is rare. If you have pink eye, don’t panic. Simply call your ophthalmologist to let them know and follow their instructions for care. Keep in mind that whether pink eye is caused by a virus or bacteria, it can spread if someone touches that sticky or runny discharge from the eyes, or touches objects contaminated by the discharge. Wash and sanitize your hands frequently, and do not share towels, cups or utensils with others.

The CDC has provided guidance regarding mask wearing. Mask manufacturers defer to the CDC to avoid liability from being sued as the masks do not eliminate the chance of catching a virus or disease like Covid-19 or TB.

A proper biohazard suit provides protection against Covid-19.

Notwithstanding the above, where are all the biohazard waste disposal bins and facilities for the used N95 masks and face coverings? Victorian Premier Andrews referred to a deadly virus and pandemic multiple times during his latest press conference. With that in mind, surely the locations of these disposal bins should provided by Vic Health, just like used needle and syringes sharps containers.

Last edited by Romulus; 28-08-2020 at 04:41 AM.
Old 28-08-2020, 04:47 AM   #5818
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes. It's the policy makers, bureaucrats and government sector workers, all unaffected financially (i.e. still on full pay and benefits) making decisions which have a direct financial impact on the private sector and private individuals.

At some stage a tipping point is reached.
Old 28-08-2020, 05:30 AM   #5819
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG View Post
Search up MMS Miracle Mineral Solution

This predates Trumps quote.

Mind you he really needs to be careful when he thinks out loud !
I wouldn't describe anything he does as "thinking". MMS has been around for a while as a miracle cure for autism but it is not swallowed but administered as an enema. For groups like the church that promotes MMS Covid has been a bonanza; giving them access to a whole new group of vulnerable people.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/09/...bleach-enemas/
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2020, 07:13 AM   #5820
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
That ABC article is interesting - I like this part:

The 'respectful and tolerant' part isn't reciprocated by the people supportive of the government and their current measures - if you have the opposite view or wish to question the motives or methodology you're dismissed as a 'conspiracy theorist'.

There is a point where tolerance and acceptance of others views is not really possible or reasonable.
Examples are when the views are highly offensive or go against science and what we know to be fact.
I don't think anyone would be tolerant of an in your face holocaust denying racist who yells profanities and claims the earth is flat.
By all means have a calm reasoned discussion of things but aggression is unnecessary
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread