Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default LT Focus Ghia queries

One of the girls at work is looking at an LT Ghia at the moment, took it for a spin and is a bit concerned about a couple of things, thought I would post up here and see if any of you guys know whether its common, easily fixed, expensive fix or are able to offer any advice. I'm only posting up going by what she & her partner have just told me over the phone.

First of all, at slower speeds, it seems to be pulling to the left a little (could be alignment more than anything?)

There seems to be a rattle, noticable outside the car, when turning at slower speeds coming from the front area of the car. Apparently there's no wheel shudder associated with it, but a noticible sound.

Glovebox light apparently is staying on when the glovebox is closed.

She couldn't find an AUX in, I explained where it was in my LS Zetec, did the LT have the same type of AUX in, in the glovebox? Does the 6 stacker that the Ghia has come with the AUX in?

Any ideas appreciated

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LT Focus Ghia queries

I'd be wary of it being involved in an accident & being bodged up if there is rattles outside & its pulling to the left.

It may just be out of alignment but I suppose its something to be aware of.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
bb_zetec

Default Re: LT Focus Ghia queries

Glovebox Light stayed on in my LV since i got it....i posted a thread here and was advised it was a common thing in these cars...i stuck one of those self adhesive velcro dots on the glovebox lid where it presses against the switch...fixed it up.

Rattle could be CV joint related perhaps?

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post