Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
Growler

Default After Rwkw Not Rwhp Or Fwkw

Hello i have an EFII wagon, 4 litre multi point overhead camsharf inline six. Standard power is 101RWKW now if i get these mods:

2.5' system, extractors, chiptorque, air intake and k&n filter

How much RWKW can i expect, i'm thinking around 115-120RWKW because it will depend on the brands and type of mods.

Does anyone know what computer torque control is? It's torque controlled by the ECU but how does it work and when does it kick in?

Thankyou.

Growler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
Southy

basicly it alters the mixture of fuel that your car uses. you will end up using more fuel to the km in other words. um id expect around 120 for those mods
Southy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Scott

I did similar to an EB Wagon (Series I , 3.9mpfi with a 5spd). I didn't dyno it but you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. You'll be a happy camper I'd say - regardless of the number! Torque control (my understanding from another post) will come into effect under gear changes & booting it from a stand still to prolong the life of driveline parts. Might not be exactly right but I think it the general theme.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
EF_Frmnt
Banned

Computer torque control is actually the intake runners... when the throttle reaches a certain point the intake runner butterflys will switch from the long runner (intake length) to the shorter more direct ones. This helps with torque down low and fuel economy yet also gives you good top end power
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
Growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Frmnt
Computer torque control is actually the intake runners... when the throttle reaches a certain point the intake runner butterflys will switch from the long runner (intake length) to the shorter more direct ones. This helps with torque down low and fuel economy yet also gives you good top end power
Wow, thanks very comprehensive. adding to the first post my car is also auto so it will differ from a manual's RWKW output.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #6
Obriza
Banned

Air intake and pod filter wont change the rwkw, they do increase speed though. Basically afterthose mods i gather you should get somewhere around the 120rwkw mark.
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #7
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Autos tend to soak up a bit more power between transfer from the motor to the wheels, compared to manuals.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post