Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default Focus RS on Top Gear

Just saw the Top Gear episode on the Focus RS tonight, what a cracker!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCT2zHKi_0

YUM YUM YUM :

Old 21-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Part 2 with hot lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EWXL6mO3o
Old 21-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Ford, please bring this to Oz!

Give me some hope and I will give you a deposit now!
Old 21-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

What a great looking car it was, in comparison to the Megane that looked like one of those rally basher Corollas you see every now and then. Red wheels wtf?
Old 21-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the XR5 forums there's a thread on a sighting of a green one getting around in QLD. Speculation is that it is most likely from the noosa area. One of the Mechanics from Nova Ford up that way spotted one on the road and gave chase on his Gixxer1000. The service manager posted this information. Also a sighting of 2 green ones at broadmeadows in Vic . Ford have said time and time again that they will not import these. I guess it's the same story as the GTHO. "We will not make one". But what would the world be if there weren't rumors and speculation. It keeps life interesting.

If they do bring them out here, That would be great. Would love one in white or blue.

Now on the flip side, one of the members from the XR5 forums was in the UK recently and took one for a drive. Aside from the revo knuckle, he wasn't all that impressed with it compared to the standard ST (XR5) with the Dreamscience and few other mods on the market. So who knows, I guess the only real way to tell how good they are is to get bum in seat and take one for a spin yourself.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

And Bucky I can assure you it more than lives up to the name when driven. In a straight line they don't feel as devastating as you'd expect compared to a boosted ST, but reast assured the 19's, firmer suspension, bigger brakes, huggier seats and absolutely insane exhaust note are worth every single cent more over an RS
Old 21-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I would certainly take a standard RS over a modified ST (XR5). Performance with warranty, all good.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
And Bucky I can assure you it more than lives up to the name when driven. In a straight line they don't feel as devastating as you'd expect compared to a boosted ST, but reast assured the 19's, firmer suspension, bigger brakes, huggier seats and absolutely insane exhaust note are worth every single cent more over an RS
I love the exhaust note in the XR5. That's definatley one thing I miss now I have the Mondeo. If they ever come here, I'm in. Well depending on price of course. But they are an awesome looking machine.

I like the look of those seats. I wonder how they feel. I found the ones in the XR5F were a little too restricting for my size, but those new seats look extremely comfortable.

Like most, I just wish they would import these. Even if they were all pre orders, and had some demo's at a dealer somewhere where you could book a date and time to go test these, I'm sure they would sell a lot of these.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'll have mine in Ultimate Green or Performance Blue. Still deciding.....
Old 22-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
ossie cossie

I Want One.
ossie cossie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I'll have mine in Ultimate Green or Performance Blue. Still deciding.....
mmmmm. " I'll (I will) have mine in Ultimate Green etc etc" rather than "I would have mine in Ultimate Green etc etc"

Should we be reading something into this Matt??????????
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I kinda thought the comparision was a little like comparing a performance car with a race car. much like comparing an orange with an apple.

Of course the Megan is ugly as, slower and less luxurios so there is no doubt in my mind the Focus was a better car (trying to put my bias aside).

can't wait to see one myself on Australian shores. If I do find them for sale in Aust then I need to ask: How much do kidneys go for these days?
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
dcyl1973
Black Turbo Focus

I'd place my order as well...
dcyl1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
High_Octane
Orrsomoot

I have no doubt if they brought these to Oz they would sell as many as they could import. Not only current ford ppl but even get sales from the Fast & Furious crowd. Price dependant of course but the $ some of these guys pour into their cars is huge anyway.
Ghost of FPV past : 2010 FPV GS Ute Build No.132
2006 Super Pursuit Build No.23

Great white whale: XB GT Coupe
High_Octane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #15
High_Octane
Orrsomoot

OH by the way they would have an order from me too.
Ghost of FPV past : 2010 FPV GS Ute Build No.132
2006 Super Pursuit Build No.23

Great white whale: XB GT Coupe
High_Octane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #16
Des Flurane

Dealer in Wellington NZ had 3, $90,000 each.
They appear to have all sold out.
Old 22-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

That equates to $75000, too much in my eyes. I can not really see them selling at a $5000 premium over a F6.

A XR5 is approx $45k, I could see interest on a large scale for up to about $60k. If they cost more than the evolution MR/WRX STI, they will not sell very many.

Under $60k, where do I send the deposit too and when can I expect delivery? By the way, I will take the green thanks.
Old 22-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
mmmmm. " I'll (I will) have mine in Ultimate Green etc etc" rather than "I would have mine in Ultimate Green etc etc"

Should we be reading something into this Matt??????????
Not at all mate. I have nothing to do with it, wouldn't know where to begin.
Old 22-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
zetec
Zoom Zoom

By the way, do you want the scale model I imported from Germany? If you can't have a real one, at leas a 1:43 scale?
Old 22-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #20
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

They are 20-30% dearer than the ST in the UK. Not sure which spec our XR5T's are (ST-1, -2 or -3) but they range between 21-23k pounds and the RS starts at 27k. Not sure if it would come in under the LCT level, but I agree gecko under AUD60k ought to be possible.

One point is getting ADR compliance - if sold as an FPV I'd anticipate it would need separate compliance, perhaps if it was set up as a version of the XR5T as per the AU3 XR8 Pursuit 250 ute this costly process could be at least partly avoided? Cost of compliance divided by sales projection would have to be significant, combine with cost of servicing/parts support and that will be the reason it isn't coming yet.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #21
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
They are 20-30% dearer than the ST in the UK. Not sure which spec our XR5T's are (ST-1, -2 or -3) but they range between 21-23k pounds and the RS starts at 27k. Not sure if it would come in under the LCT level, but I agree gecko under AUD60k ought to be possible.

One point is getting ADR compliance - if sold as an FPV I'd anticipate it would need separate compliance, perhaps if it was set up as a version of the XR5T as per the AU3 XR8 Pursuit 250 ute this costly process could be at least partly avoided? Cost of compliance divided by sales projection would have to be significant, combine with cost of servicing/parts support and that will be the reason it isn't coming yet.

That would make it around 55k at 30% over XR5, green please.

Don't let FPV touch it, they will mess it up, just bring it in as is.
Old 22-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #22
MaJin

I agree, just sell it as it is. I saw this few months ago, and I still want one!!! If it comes, it will be another XR5T most probably.

Mods:
CapaFlash2, Rapid HiFlow Kit 2.0, Siemens Deka 60lb Injectors, 4inch High flow Cat (100CPI)
3.5inch Cat back exhaust, split into twin 2.5 for quad look. DBA4000 Slotted Front, Bendix Ultimates F&R

RDP Tuned Now 325RWKW @ 13PSI
MaJin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #23
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJin
I agree, just sell it as it is. I saw this few months ago, and I still want one!!! If it comes, it will be another XR5T most probably.

I highly doubt that, they import the ST as XR5
Old 22-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #24
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I think he means hang it off the XR5T compliance rather than start from square one. I could never understand why FPV would want to reinvent the wheel when the RS is already done (or was in the pipeline)
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post