Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
RACERED
Winding roads please

Default Dealer used wrong oil in ST

Hi guys, had a 45000km service today but told dealer i just wanted a usual service ie: A service as I would get my spark plugs changed elsewhere this week. Dealer said he'd do a fixed price service and do a air filter too. Picked up the car tonight and noticed that on the list of things done is that rather thank have Castrol Super S oil used for around $75.... they have got Fixed Priced Oil at $35. What the ****... going back to dealer tomorrow to ask what that fixed price oil is..... and ideas ??????? Anyone else come across this or know much about ST's and their oil..

HURRY UP WEEKEND DRIVE
RACERED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
Vossy53
Starter Motor

Default Re: Dealer used wrong oil in ST

I supply my own Oil Gulf Western Oil SYN X 7000 5w30
Vossy53 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #3
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACERED View Post
Hi guys, had a 45000km service today but told dealer i just wanted a usual service ie: A service as I would get my spark plugs changed elsewhere this week. Dealer said he'd do a fixed price service and do a air filter too. Picked up the car tonight and noticed that on the list of things done is that rather thank have Castrol Super S oil used for around $75.... they have got Fixed Priced Oil at $35. What the ****... going back to dealer tomorrow to ask what that fixed price oil is..... and ideas ??????? Anyone else come across this or know much about ST's and their oil..
What is Castrol Super S? Ford approved for the ST is CASTROL MAGNATEC 5W-30 A5 which is essentially meeting Ford WSS-M2C913-C/WSS-M2C913-D.
Valvoline and Nulon also have this, unsure of others.

Heard of the fixed price and that was for the C service (I think) which was the 7500km in between mandated 15000km service
Old 12-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #4
RACERED
Winding roads please

They say its the oil used for my ST. Rang back today and the guy said my car just finished the 3 yr ford warranty... so did fixed price service which is cheaper and only misses out on pollun filter.. apparently now cause its on the jarvis warranty for 2 years the servicing interval changes to every 10000km or 6 months which i thiught strange.. Guy told me fixed price oil just indicated charging me less but guaranteed me that the usual castrol synthetic oil was used..

HURRY UP WEEKEND DRIVE
Old 12-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #5
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like all is good, not experienced with extended warranty's, mine is just out and on the market as lease period is up
Old 12-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #6
RACERED
Winding roads please

Yeah.. always feels nicer after a service to drive. Mines on the market too..

HURRY UP WEEKEND DRIVE
This user likes this post: