Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-03-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
nswst170
Starter Motor

Default How Long Should You Really Have To Wait For A New XR5?

Just letting everyone here know what happen to my car order!! - Was meant to be an XR5 Orange with leather!

Back in April 2006, I placed an order with my local dealer, a small country town in New South Wales (my order was placed before the first unit landed in Australia; I knew they were coming here).

During late April, my local dealership got a Silver XR5 with cloth seats as a stock allocation, at that stage there was only two people interested in them from the area, I was given first preference for the XR5 on the floor.

I passed because I was told that I could have what I wanted by the end of June 2006 and I thought that it was only fair to let the other person have it, and at that stage I was a very patient person. I was also told that my order was being pushed forward because I got in early, that comment was very weird at that stage.

Now since then, I have had my dealership tell me that the vehicle has gained so much interest that my ordered car would not be here until August 2007, then October 2007 and then December 2007, January 2007 and finally February 2007 but still no car.

It was not until I rang Ford Customer Relation Centre that I was to find out that, I should have been given a temporary sido number when I placed the order, that the dealership and myself could keep track with, so I could find where the vehicle was in the production line.

Now upon that time, I thought that that was weird that I did not have this, so I rang my dealer and they were not given one by the operation manager at that stage because of unprecedented demand. They could not generate this for them, the dealership.

This then began to worry me, I took it upon myself to find out the rough delivery times it had taken other larger dealership to source XR5's for their customer orders and whether or not they were given temporary sidos. It was then that I found that their orders where filled between 6 to 8 months and yes they had had sido numbers given to them by the operations managers.

Now with that in hand I requested from my dealer a copy of the original order that was faxed to the operation manager and also if they could find the sido number that should have been generated upon the initial order. Not five minutes later the dealership had found my order and faxed it out to me, but they were still waiting for the operation manager to give them the sido number.

Now Ford CRC rang me last Friday with the information that I will not see my car until August 2007.

Now with a little bit more of my patience worn away, I told them what I had found out about rough order times and the missing sido number, I then asked if they could get the operation manager to ring me because this was totally unacceptable and I believe that this had nothing to do with either my dealership or the staff at Ford CRC.

After this phone call I had the salesman from the dealership ring me to say that Ford had found four cars for me, black, orange, Colorado red and silver. Now being mildly ****ed off I requested that they find out if they had leather or not.

No reply until the following Monday, where I was told that the orange XR5 had leather, so the next question was where is it and why is it not in my door step, I was then informed that the vehicle had manual rear windows, so I then raised the question of "will they fix the window issue and when can I have my vehicle".

Now on Thursday I received another phone call to tell me that there was a car was sitting at the dealership and would I come and have a look, now it was orange and had leather, but had manual rear windows, when I got there the vehicle was gone, I was then told that the vehicle was not for this dealership and it had since moved on to the correct place.

Not to mentioned I had just travelled in from where I live 40klm away.

Now after this I receive another call from my dealership to say that there was now no units that they could supply me and that I would have to what until August 2007. Also I have been repeatedly told that the manual rear windows are a running product change, this came from my dealership and I hope that they are wrong.

Now with this in hand I would like to know from all of you at there, have any of you had problems like this.

I believe that this is totally unfair; I was told that my car would not be here until the dealership sold the total number of Focus to allow them for another allocation of an XR5. Also did my initial order get lost all those months ago or am I just being discriminated against because I bought from my local dealer and not from a massive Sydney based dealer who can fill their Focus allocation in a week. I thought that I was doing right by buying my car from my own town but that must not be the case or maybe Ford just does not care about all the people that live over the mountains from Sydney.

I have, for last eight years, bought new cars from my dealership, I have had two new Laser (One in which I waited 4 months for) and two brand new ST170 (Now that is 2 at of 140-150 ST170 that where brought to Australia), and I am still driving one. Does this not warrant me to be slightly ****ed off? I have been a great customer for Ford, I did not even complain when may door trim where scratch on my new laser or when I only got the secondary keys for both of my ST170.

I would like to hear your views and opinions.

nswst170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
anakha

Sounds like you got a raw deal. How bad do you want the XR5? May be time to take your business elsewhere.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Have you actually placed a deposit??

Ask the dealership to source a car from another dealer as a number of cars are arrived with no buyer because they couldn't be bothered waiting, tell them that you would also like something else thrown in for the inconvenience in waiting and for being so patient with them. I as well as many others have seen a number of cars sitting around in car yards, NEW, so they are out their to be had.

Failing that speak to them via a letter from your solicitor. ing_sm
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
FRA
Mr Focus

I'm sure your pass upset by now and moved onto P@#$ off
http://www.drive.com.au/new-cars-for...5/results.html
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

I'm sure you spelt wait incorrectly in the topic title.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Start walking and investigate some other brands- Ford obviously don't care....
Old 25-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Welcome to the forums nswst170, sorry to hear of your problem. It does sound like there has been a stuff up, but that is not unique to Ford - my sister's VW was "lost" for nearly 2 months while they thought it was not in the country!

As XRQTR says the dealer may be able to find a car for you, and also should be able to install electric rear windows - I gather that is happening a bit.

Good luck!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Hi,

FYI - Denmac Ford, in Darra, Bris have an Orange XR5 with leather. It's sat in their showroom, just a vehicle that was allocated to them, has nobody's order against it.

Also, I started to look for an XR5 last weekend, specifically wanted eiter Orange or Blue with cloth. It was easy, got an Orange one with cloth interior yesterday...am well happy with the 38k i paid for it...drive away price!

There is a deal out there if you look about...I did, and got a brand new bargain!

Cheers,
Mike
Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #9
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Write directly to Tom Gorman at Ford with exactly what you have outlined above
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #10
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Yes, good idea Melbzetec. Keep it strictly factual etc (not emotional) and I am sure something will be done. Believe it or not they don't like to make it so hard to buy a car from them
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #11
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I really cant believe that you waited so long, I wouldn't have only cancelled the order I would have gone to a completely different brand as this is so inexcusable it isn't funny.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

That is pretty poor on Ford's/dealer's behalf. You'd think that if you ordered before the first shipment, the latest you'd have to wait was the second shipment. Its almost as if they never ordered the car in the first place and have only placed it when you asked.

I must applaud you on your patience though. I would have lost it ages ago, cancelled the order and gotten something else that wasn't a Ford. Then gone back to the dealer and show him how easy it is to order from other dealers.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #13
MR_LON
ORSMT5

thats unexcusable, if it were me i'd be complaining to everyone from the sales man up to gorman & i certainly wouldn't be polite about it. having to wait 16 months for a car that was orderd b4 they were herejust dosen't cut it
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #14
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Its almost as if they never ordered the car in the first place and have only placed it when you asked.

And there I think lies the answer!!!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #15
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all on that one.
Old 28-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #16
PDIDDY
Victory is Mine

As Mikey B said, I have one sitting here on the floor. Electric Orange with leather complied '07. Does have manual rear windows, but Ford have put a $1000 rebate in place for the inconvenience.
PM me if interested.
Cheers,
Paul.
Old 29-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #17
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDIDDY
.. complied '07...
Not meaning to be rude, but I take it that means it's actually an '06 model? (The compliance date is irrelevant come sales time.)