Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #91
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Might as well go the whole hog, ban everything. Make people buy a certificate to buy a car (lets say 15,000 aussie). Close pubs and clubs down. make gambling illegal, contact sports are completly banned, etc....

Oh lets microchip everyone and have camera's everywhere so we can keep everyone 'safe'.

Tax petrol and gas and diesel even more so more people will use public transport.

What else could we do.....
So by your Response I guess you think Drugs, Crime & Violence are good things?

And here I was thinking it would be a nicer place for the Average person.

Last edited by Buddy 1; 07-05-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #92
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Might as well go the whole hog, ban everything. Make people buy a certificate to buy a car (lets say 15,000 aussie). Close pubs and clubs down. make gambling illegal, contact sports are completly banned, etc....

Oh lets microchip everyone and have camera's everywhere so we can keep everyone 'safe'.

Tax petrol and gas and diesel even more so more people will use public transport.

What else could we do.....

Don't laugh, this is where it is heading...
Tribal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #93
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

well, i didnt vote for Rudd.....

i personally cant drink beer and cant stand wine.
i do however like a few jim cans on my days off.i guess ill just have to go from having a few quiet cans to getting blind from mixing drinks from a 40 oz

when we were 16 or 17 a pre mix bourbon was half a 750 into a 2 litre coke bottle
Old 07-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #94
Neoxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All this is going to so is make a night out on the drugs a cheaper option for them, $40 for a pill or $120 for drinks all night. This is a joke why don't we tax Air too?

'11 Nissan Navara D22 2.5L pickup!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
because it looks gay, not just gay but mardi gra gay
Neoxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #95
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoxr6
All this is going to so is make a night out on the drugs a cheaper option for them, $40 for a pill or $120 for drinks all night. This is a joke why don't we tax Air too?
The Joke is this, Why do young people have to get off on something?
I know I did it when I was younger though looking back now I see just how silly I was back then & wish I had never done it because it cost me Lots of Money & health Issues when older.

For what Purpose, I guess so I could be more Confident with the Girls.

And Drink my Mates under the Table to prove just what a man I was lol

What a stupid thing to do for Stupid reasons so Maybe the answer is to not feel the need to get High on anything.

And back then the Girls were Mostly Smarter as they did not Drink much if at all & were Always the ones to drive you Home when you could not.

These days however the Girls have gone Feral & Drink like there is no Tomorrow so what the &^%$ has Happened?

Oh & if the Drugs are not around anymore then one cannot just switch to them easily.

I guess then the young will start to make Home Brew
Old 07-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #96
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they dont make metho and orange juice in a can so the price rises wont affect me
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #97
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxr6
I for one am sick of the government pandering to the minority.Why should I be penalised because the government wants to stop a group of deadheads getting drunk.
here here
Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #98
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbundy
Stupid bit is it will be cheaper for the young one's to buy a bottle now and really be able to binge. And where as before they would have their own can or stubby they will be passing a bottle around so drink spiking will be on the up also. I think it is just a bull shyte scheme for more tax
but thats the idea, younguns start drinking their vodka straight, tax goes up on bottles of spirits. kids move back to premixes, more tax on that again. kids swap sides again, and more tax increases, etc etc..
Old 07-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #99
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

good thing i only drink beer or straight spirits, i cant stand mix drinks, they make me turn into a chunder monkey!

besides we all know how to get ****ed quick, skull half a bottle of spirits with 35% alco or more, 20minutes later you will be pretty much stuffed.

this is a load of crap though, the rudd government knew exactly what they were doing when they raised the tax, why not just leave it, the binge drinking is nowhere near as bad as they make it out to be.
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #100
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Buddy1,

but why cant i do what i want? isn't that what living is about?
i have done my fair share of underage drinking and illicit drugs, never been in one fight either. mostly got wasted at home. it was my choice and i had (still have!) a great time getting ****ed at bbq's/clubs etc.
why should i have to give that up or pay more because some youngins cant handle their alcopops and i feel like a premix bulleitt? because you dont think i should ever drink?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #101
Neoxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
The Joke is this, Why do young people have to get off on something?
I know I did it when I was younger though looking back now I see just how silly I was back then & wish I had never done it because it cost me Lots of Money & health Issues when older.
They do it for the exact same reason you did it. just because you are older doesn't mean you are better. Maybe wiser but no different to the teenage binge drinkers now. drugs were just as bad back in the 60/70's look at acid.

I do agree with other comments about the minority stuffing it for everyone else, they need to look at the whole picture not just a couple of thousand younger people and make that the decision for all.

But at the end of the day there is no real use in complaining, whats done is done and it wont change, looks like we will all just have to get used to the price rise like we have gotten used to the price of fuel.

'11 Nissan Navara D22 2.5L pickup!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
because it looks gay, not just gay but mardi gra gay
Neoxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #102
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
So by your Response I guess you think Drugs, Crime & Violence are good things?

And here I was thinking it would be a nicer place for the Average person.
No they're not good, but by trying to control people like robots is against what being a free country. People do stupid things, people die, people get sick, some people wake up grow out of it and accomplish great things. Its always been happening, and it always will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal
Don't laugh, this is where it is heading...

I know, thats whats scary. Just do it in small doses and the next thing you know the government has you under total control.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #103
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoxr6
They do it for the exact same reason you did it. just because you are older doesn't mean you are better. Maybe wiser but no different to the teenage binge drinkers now. drugs were just as bad back in the 60/70's look at acid.
LMAO WHO says I am not Better :

So I am no better but Maybe Wiser & even so my Opinion is wrong because I did it when I was Younger.

It is because I did it when I was younger & now am Older I can see it is wrong & Foolish, same as it was when I did it.

You see you can benefit from my Experiences without having to go through it all lol

Or are you saying Teenagers these days are just as lacking in Common Sense as I was back then & that makes it ok Because it has been this way for 50 years already?

As for the 60's I would not know as i was only Born in 1962 & found I was a bit young for Acid lol

I never did Drugs of any type by the way apart from Alcohol.

I am so Confused now I wish I was a Teenager as that would be all the Excuse I would need lol
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #104
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LMAO WHO says I am not Better :

So I am no better but Maybe Wiser & even so my Opinion is wrong because I did it when I was Younger.

It is because I did it when I was younger & now am Older I can see it is wrong & Foolish, same as it was when I did it.

You see you can benefit from my Experiences without having to go through it all lol

Or are you saying Teenagers these days are just as lacking in Common Sense as I was back then & that makes it ok Because it has been this way for 50 years already?

As for the 60's I would not know as i was only Born in 1962 & found I was a bit young for Acid lol

I never did Drugs of any type by the way apart from Alcohol.

I am so Confused now I wish I was a Teenager as that would be all the Excuse I would need lol
So you've never eaten chocolate? Cor Blimey!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #105
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CC and dry 4 pack, $19. Used to be $11. Crooks.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #106
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
they dont make metho and orange juice in a can so the price rises wont affect me
That doesnt suprise me one bit...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #107
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Weird, pokie revenue is at an alltime low due to smoking bans, and now an excise is put in place for the most popular drinks consumed in clubs.

Bloody government.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #108
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan635
Weird, pokie revenue is at an alltime low due to smoking bans, and now an excise is put in place for the most popular drinks consumed in clubs.

Bloody government.

I know what your getting at, but pokie revenue is collected by the states. The hike in excise will be going in the fedral coffers.

Might explain point to point speed camera's though.