Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 06-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Default FPV Open Day 2007

Hey peoples,

A group of us from WA are looking at heading over for the FPV Open Day in Feb.

Having not been to Vic myself, and therefore not having a clue where anything is....

I'm wondering if any of you Melbourne based Blue Blooded people could help by point us in the right direction?

We have a broad idea of what we want to do while over there.
(like the FPV tour, Discovery Centre etc)

What I'd really like to know about is accommodation.
Where are the better/good places to stay in the Geelong area?
(we want to try and stay as close to FPV etc as we can to cut down travel times)

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

Darryn

2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Hey peoples,
I'm wondering if any of you Melbourne based Blue Blooded people could help by point us in the right direction?

We have a broad idea of what we want to do while over there.
(like the FPV tour, Discovery Centre etc)

What I'd really like to know about is accommodation.
Where are the better/good places to stay in the Geelong area?
(we want to try and stay as close to FPV etc as we can to cut down travel times)

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

Darryn
G'Day !

You mentioned accomodation in Geelong? That isn't particularly close to FPV........... Is being in Geelong a requirement?
There are quite a few places closer to FPV, but I do know some are already filling up.... there's quite a few inter-staters coming over.........

Cheers,

Karyn

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Yeah I was mislead...... I was told Geelong but it seems they are looking much closer to Melbourne.

Our group has gone from 10 at the beginning of the week to over 15 now.
Like you said, spots are filling fast....... <gulp>
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 09-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #4
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

i live in the area and will find outsome if you like eg roomy ,clean and safe for your cars any other requirements ???????????

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #5
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Yeah I was mislead...... I was told Geelong but it seems they are looking much closer to Melbourne.

Our group has gone from 10 at the beginning of the week to over 15 now.
Like you said, spots are filling fast....... <gulp>
The Tasmanian club has about the same number and are in the process of securing accommodation as well. Will let you know what we come up with.

In addition we would like to invite any people/ clubs staying in Melbourne along to events we are organising during this period.

I have secured a meeting with Ford president Tom Gorman for Monday the 26th. I have had trouble contacting all clubs. I have used the FPV mail out list and have had 8 email invitations bounce and one returned with contact unknown. Attempts to contact FPV with a better contact list have failed but as yet I haven't received a response from Vic SA or Wa. I only have about 40 seats left so it would be nice to get this sorted.

I think we are doing a BBQ and then the discovery centre in the afternoon.

Tuesday we are looking at the Fox collection and are negotiating with one of the site sponsors for our club to put on a BBQ in return for a product demonstration session. Tuesday night many of the members return home while others are doing the great ocean road drive and then onto to clipsal. I have come across a place in Adelaide that still has vacancies if anyone is interested, but if anyone is looking at doing the drive from Melbourne along Great Ocean Rd we would love to have you along with us. We are planning at stopping at Warrnambool and taking all Wednesday to site see along this road.

I hope to have our club run and event list up shortly and we would be more then happy to have other clubs join us.

Regards
Ian
Ford liaison officer- FPV car club of Tasmania.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
The Tasmanian club has about the same number and are in the process of securing accommodation as well. Will let you know what we come up with.

In addition we would like to invite any people/ clubs staying in Melbourne along to events we are organising during this period.

I have secured a meeting with Ford president Tom Gorman for Monday the 26th. I have had trouble contacting all clubs. I have used the FPV mail out list and have had 8 email invitations bounce and one returned with contact unknown. Attempts to contact FPV with a better contact list have failed but as yet I haven't received a response from Vic SA or Wa. I only have about 40 seats left so it would be nice to get this sorted.

I think we are doing a BBQ and then the discovery centre in the afternoon.

Tuesday we are looking at the Fox collection and are negotiating with one of the site sponsors for our club to put on a BBQ in return for a product demonstration session. Tuesday night many of the members return home while others are doing the great ocean road drive and then onto to clipsal. I have come across a place in Adelaide that still has vacancies if anyone is interested, but if anyone is looking at doing the drive from Melbourne along Great Ocean Rd we would love to have you along with us. We are planning at stopping at Warrnambool and taking all Wednesday to site see along this road.

I hope to have our club run and event list up shortly and we would be more then happy to have other clubs join us.

Regards
Ian

offer is there for you guys from Tassie if you need a hand i live very close to FPV

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #7
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:

Regards
Ian
G'Day Ian,

Our website has all the contacts -try president@fpvxrclub.com and it will shoot straight through........

cheers,

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Our Pres in currently working Fly in - Fly out ona mine site up north.

I'll PM you my e-mail address Ian.

Thanks guys for your help so far.
We are coming...... just got to sort the smaller details.

D
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 27-12-2006, 12:44 PM   #9
Blue Thunder 2

Hi Guys, :

The XR6 - XR8 Club of Qld will be there as well and look forward to catching up with all the other Ford Car Clubs from around Australia. :

I unfortunately can not make it due to work commitments but our club president, most of club committee and quite a few of our club members will be making their way to this event.

Once again from the sunshine state we look forward to catching up with all the other Ford Fans from around Australia. :eclipsee_

Regards

Shane

Events Co-Ordinator for the XR6 - XR8 Club of Qld.
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #10
HSE2

Shane.

Can you please pass on an invitation to attend a presentation with Tom Gorman on the Monday after the FPV day. I have been granted extra seats for clubs participating at this year’s event. The presentation is scheduled to start at 9:30 and will probably run for a couple of hours. If you are interested can you please contact me ianp@kooee.com.au ASAP.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 28-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
G'Day Ian,

Our website has all the contacts -try president@fpvxrclub.com and it will shoot straight through........

cheers,
Will try this address now. thanks.
Old 28-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #12
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
offer is there for you guys from Tassie if you need a hand i live very close to FPV
Jolly decent of you but I think we are set. Another club person has been taking care of Club accommodation for Melbourne. Laminge was able to set us in the right direction which has resulted in us being looked after very nicely.

Looking at the water situation in Victoria we might have to bring our own tanker :
Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #13
HSE2

Quote:
Will try this address now. thanks.
Didn't work or at least I have had no reply as yet. Have about 110 people booked but as yet no one from Victoria or SA. :
Old 06-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #14
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Didn't work or at least I have had no reply as yet. Have about 110 people booked but as yet no one from Victoria or SA. :
Hi again,
The club president hasn't received your email - i have checked with him ........ he is MOTIV8 on the forums.... perhaps you can pm him?
all else fails go to our website, click on the contacts tab and then click on the president- it will send an email through......

Cheers,

Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #15
HSE2

Unless the email is different to the one posted above it won't. Sent 28 12 06 - 2:14 pm requiring read reply.

I suggest you get him to check this thread and get back to me.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #16
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Unless the email is different to the one posted above it won't. Sent 28 12 06 - 2:14 pm requiring read reply.

I suggest you get him to check this thread and get back to me.
I can guarantee he hasn't got it- note we do not use "au" - that's a different car club... make sure it's president@fpvxrclub.com and not "au" on the end.......

Failing that pm him.......

Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #17
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
I can guarantee he hasn't got it- note we do not use "au" - that's a different car club... make sure it's president@fpvxrclub.com and not "au" on the end.......

Failing that pm him.......
I don’t actually understand what you are saying. I don’t have to make sure the address is correct because what you have typed turns into an email link, which opens up. I don’t type or change anything.

If he hasn't got it you have a problem with your club email because I am using the link provided by yourself.

I have gone to the club website and tried that email link as well…….. . So if he still doesn’t have anything we might have to give up???????

Unfortunately I won’t be PM’ing car clubs over this offer as the correspondence is being sent to Ford for confirmation of seat allocation. I am sure you can appreciate the need for expediency and uniformity of contact details in organising something like this.

If you have the ability to contact this person directly then I would appreciate the invitation being passed on. That would be a huge help. If the club is interested, all I need to know is the number of seats required by the club. This information must be sent to me at ianp@kooee.com.au

From there I can inform everyone at the same time of changing details and requirements in the same way. It will make dealing with any issues much easier for me so I really need a club contact with email that actually works.

Kind Regards
Ian
Old 08-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #18
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Hi,

I have checked the links and all seems to be working (I am the club 's webmistess as well)

Have asked MOTIV8 to email/pm you tomorrow....

cheers,

Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #19
HSE2

I really appreciate that, as it’s a tremendous help. I am however concerned about the email not working. I know FPV have had issues with club contacts as well after speaking with Leigh. The emails I have sent haven’t bounced and I am using supplied links so it’s not a typo. It’s a new one for me and one I might have to pass on to my provider. What’s your club email address?

Thanks once again for your help.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #20
Sledgehammer
Banned

Hey guys, will be good to be in Melb again a catch up with you all. We have 10 cars /20 people coming down and are staying in Melb , should be a good time for all.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #21
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
Hey guys, will be good to be in Melb again a catch up with you all. We have 10 cars /20 people coming down and are staying in Melb , should be a good time for all.
Well howdy stranger........ :

Am I being optimistic in thinking the red beast is coming down.... or is the daily driver........?
Will be great to catch up.......

Cheers,

Old 19-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #22
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

G'Day everyone,

Ian from the FPV car club of Tasmania has organised a meeting/presentation
at Ford on Monday 26th February from 9am - 11:30am. He has spoken about
this on this thread - post #5..............
Quote:
"In addition we would like to invite any people/ clubs staying in Melbourne along to events we are organising during this period.

I have secured a meeting with Ford president Tom Gorman for Monday the 26th. I have had trouble contacting all clubs. I have used the FPV mail out list and have had 8 email invitations bounce and one returned with contact unknown. Attempts to contact FPV with a better contact list have failed but as yet I haven't received a response from Vic SA or Wa. I only have about 40 seats left so it would be nice to get this sorted. "
The presentation will conclude with a photo on the lawn with VIP's and Club
members.

Ian has kindly reserved 20 spots for the club. If you want to come along,
please let me know ASAP as the spots are limited.......
mobile, email or pm is fine......

Thanks,

Karyn