Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
pawd
Starter Motor

Default MC Mondeo Stereo

I've got the Sony 6000 CD stereo and it has on the front 2 folder options. One with an 'up' arrow and the other with a 'down' arrow. Anybody have any idea what they are for? I'm hoping they are for music storage. The manual does not mention them at all, and I can't find anything on the internet.
pawd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: MC Mondeo Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawd View Post
I've got the Sony 6000 CD stereo and it has on the front 2 folder options. One with an 'up' arrow and the other with a 'down' arrow. Anybody have any idea what they are for? I'm hoping they are for music storage. The manual does not mention them at all, and I can't find anything on the internet.
Have you asked your dealer?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
pawd
Starter Motor

Was going to do that next service in a couple of weeks. Just thought I'd try the forum first.
pawd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawd View Post
Was going to do that next service in a couple of weeks. Just thought I'd try the forum first.
Give the salesman a call first thing tomorrow if you don't get an answer tonight mate. Good luck I hope you find the answer really soon.

My last sales experience ended in a 90 min handover going through everything including SYNC3.

The sales man was brilliant - although my attention span was buggered after 45 mins !
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-02-2017, 01:30 AM   #5
Omega-T
Starter Motor

The folder up/down buttons on the Ford 6000CD are for navigating folders in MP3 CDs (which, like a lot of car stereos from the time, the CD6000 supports). I'm not sure if they do anything else.

MP3 CDs let you treat the CD as a data storage medium with MP3 files on it, giving you 700Mb of MP3 files instead of 80 minutes of "music". Depending on the music quality, you can get 6 or more hours of decent quality MP3 music on a single CD this way. With 100 or so songs, you may wish to organise them in folders - and these buttons let you select a different folder to play from. It's almost old-hat now (and I've since moved on to another approach for my 6000CD), but it's a lot more convenient than a standard CD player.
Omega-T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: