Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
diatribal08

Default Sports Bar Fitting

Hi any of you guys know an easy way to fit the sports bar bolts behind cab ? its a pretty tight fit and my pudgy fingers dont fit. Im holdin off loosening the tub bolts and using a jack but if thats the only way??

diatribal08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
DW260

Can you grasp them in some pointy-nose pliers?
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
diatribal08

No the angle is too extreme, tried a magnet thingo and bluetac on the finger ...no go
Old 08-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I once fitted a sports bar to a BF II and it was one of those "why did they design it this way" jobs. Absolute pig of a job. The instructions noted that you should jack the car up between the cab/tub to slightly "flex" the join to allow a little more access to the bolts. I ended up sticky taping the nut to a welding rod/peice of wire to hold nut whilst carefully threading onto the bolt.
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
diatribal08

Sounds like thats the next move , ill try jacking the ute up and the welding rod trick Cheers
Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i was a bit alarmed when the instructions said jack in the middle and bend the car!!!!!!!!!!
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
diatribal08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
I once fitted a sports bar to a BF II and it was one of those "why did they design it this way" jobs. Absolute pig of a job. The instructions noted that you should jack the car up between the cab/tub to slightly "flex" the join to allow a little more access to the bolts. I ended up sticky taping the nut to a welding rod/peice of wire to hold nut whilst carefully threading onto the bolt.
Worked BRILLIANTLY Cheers mate , now the back sint vibrating like buggery any more
Old 10-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Glad to here all worked out. It really is one of those jobs!
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
diatribal08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Glad to here all worked out. It really is one of those jobs!
Yup wont be doin that again in a hurry, still was less painfull than replacing the high pressure power steering hose....lol
Old 11-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Yeah it is a PITA to put the sports bar on. I bent a spanner to the right shape to fit in there.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post