Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Nabbed by VicRoads

So boss says "go to powdercoaters, pick up a steel staircase, meet me at this address. Its sitting on pallets because its so awkward and heavy so just fork it straight on".
In the small work truck, ends up about 1.2m past the end of the tray. Not feasable to turn it over when its only a couple km trip and risk dropping or dinging it (about 800kg). Put a flag on it and hope Im under 60% (looks wise its not too bad). Of course route goes straight past a Vicroads office and they got me. Boss comes down and immediately "why did you put it on like that?" and, Ive been with the guy for 5 years so I was pretty amazed he turned on me like that in front of them. Turns out the end of the tray is the axle overhang limit which yes, I should have measured and known, I got complacent. Anyway, anything over 1m overhang now has mandatory court appearance and this is 1.2m. Anyone know what I can expect?
Ive got a totally clean driving history if it helps.

Edit- This is being handled by the NHVR because the truck is over 4.5t gvm and Ive got a hr license.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post