Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
thndr
Starter Motor

Default g'day from hobart

gday everyone from sunny (ok snowy) hobart. first time poster long time reader but i thought it was about time i shared our new fiesta zetec story with you all.

we have had the car for about 4 months now and i must say im very impressed, the handling of this car if damn fantastic, the engine is sweet and responsive fuel consumption is great, overall a very nice car.

now..... we have noticed a couple of things which have had the car back to the dealer once before the 3000 check .
being winter we hadnt felt the need to put any of the windows down and the first time we did use the passenger side front window it crawled up and down and really just didnt want to work, as i said rang the dealer took it back and the problem was sorted straight away. the second problem was (and still is ) a loud bang in the rear end when going over certain types of bumps, this was mentioned when we first took the car in for the window problem, they road tested the car and noticed it and told us when we picked the car up that the hatch was loose (hmmm ok).

just before the 3000 k check my partner noticed he engine was very rattly on startup (kind of like there was no oil in the motor) this persists when the engine warms but does seem to even out a fair bit. again told the dealer when it went in for the 3000 check , now im no mechanic far from it, i know enough to get by but please mr ford dealer dont insult me when i pick it up by telling me "what your hearing is the fuel injectors ticking" errrrrrrrr okkkkkkkk !!!!. anyway long story short i i shook my head and walked away. you will understand since i was also told by the same bloke that they road tested the car and couldnt find any bang in the rear of the car ...... hang on a tick rewind a month ..... bang noticed on road test loose rear hatch .....now when its still there ...oh we cant hear anything during the road test.

at the same 3000 check i asked for them to check for any updates for ECU to be told there isnt any because its such a new model .....oh ok right .

anyway bottom line great great car brilliant to drive wonderfully comfortable and the partner loves it .

but dealer service.......absolute rubbish.
:

thndr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Fi.ES.TA

Welcome to the clan mate,yeah after sales service does'nt seem the best with most ford dealers and not just on twenty grand cars either.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the club. We've got jackets!!!!

Yep nearly all Ford dealers ive been too have be totally useless. No wonder the company as a whole in OZ isnt doing well.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome aboard mate. Enjoy your stay.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Welcome to the club. I assume you got your car from Tilfords. There service can be hit & miss, they didn't even know what grade oil the Fiesta needed.
Any pics of your Zetec?
Old 13-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
thndr
Starter Motor

yep only a couple at this stage ill take some more and add them later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 194.JPG (117.8 KB, 44 views)
thndr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thndr, they are a noisey motor in a ticky kind of way. Almost sounds like a diesel at times, I'm not used to 4cyls so for me it's weird but that's just the natural sound these things make, so that's all good . My wifes been driving hers for nearly 8 months now and I've done alot of K's in it too. I have to say it's overall the best car I've ever driven. The light weight and the rigidity of the body is what sells me
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post