Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
efgiar
rofl copter

Default EBII starving for fuel

hey guys, some of you may have read the other thread i made about a cat convertor symptoms, but this is beond that unfortunantly, ill run thru quickly what has been done

fuel pump
fuel filter
partial fuel line
fuel reg
rotor button
dizzy cap
leads
plugs
coil
cat convertor
timing

now what my problem is that under load it will miss and backfire, we kno its a fuel issue not spark. if we clamp down the return line it will run like a DREAM, even does burnouts in the driveway! now ive tried alot of things, checked vacuum, checked the tree it lives on etc etc etc. i cant check fuel pressure because i dont have a gauge for it, the pump is whining after 10 minutes of use and u hit the tank and it stops whining, now i think personally the pump maybe nackered and not putting out what it should. if anyone could help me id be very greatfull as i have done more to this car then has crossed my mind. i am going to put another fuel pump in tomorow and hopfully that gets it going because my uncle (the owner of the car) is ready to fill it full of dirt and use it as a pot plant so any ideas AT ALL will help thanks

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Pump sounds shot. Clamping the return line will only increase the fuel pressure in the rail.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try the TFI module too
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like the fuel pump to me.
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
efgiar
rofl copter

thats ANOTHER pump, was in there a day and he said it started whinning but before the whining it start with the missing/backfiring problem

thats all
Old 07-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Pump sounds shot. Clamping the return line will only increase the fuel pressure in the rail.
yeah but would that be because the pump isnt putting out enough volume to keep the injectors happy?

thats all
Old 07-11-2006, 12:56 AM   #7
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

correct!

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post