Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-11-2023, 12:44 PM   #1
SageStorm321
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys , I own a 6L powerstroke and it’s getting a full rebuild , in the process of tracking down parts , any recommendations on wat are a good hydraulic lifter and pushrod brand is
SageStorm321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2023, 05:48 PM   #2
mickeymouse
Starter Motor

Thanks for the add!

Lurked for a while. Just ordered a new Everest. Still spewing that I couldn't get my old man to lend me $3000 to buy a completely stock, and well looked after XW Fairmont as a first car back in 2004.
mickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2023, 10:06 AM   #3
Zorbo Dundee
Starter Motor

I everyone, just joined and looking forward to solving a few issues I have with some of my cars. I love the old classics and have a few and ordered a new F150, cant wait to get delivery soon.
Zorbo Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-12-2023, 12:52 PM   #4
XR5_2.5
Starter Motor

Hey guys,

New to this site and own a 2007 Ford Focus XR5 Turbo
XR5_2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2023, 09:40 AM   #5
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Returning member my old account xa2door. I used to own a xa coupe
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2023, 01:12 PM   #6
mrossignoli
Starter Motor

Thanks to the administrator for adding me!

I own an AUII Ute and a BA MkII Sedan as well as a few Holdens, various Jap bikes and one lonely Bultaco. I joined Ford Forums because so many of my google searches on tech matters kept taking me here. I appreciate the knowledge of the forum members and hope to contribute.
mrossignoli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2023, 01:44 PM   #7
Shadowleigh
Starter Motor

Gday
I’m Leigh, I’ve got a fiesta metal. Will be a casual driver / secondary track hack
Shadowleigh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2023, 10:38 AM   #8
JIMBOJOHNSON80
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello all and thanks for accepting - 2015 focus with 1.5 eco boom? Boost. Do my own hack maintenance. Dreaming of a coyote FGX or stang for sundays
JIMBOJOHNSON80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2024, 10:53 PM   #9
Dazzla_fg
Starter Motor

Yo peeps from Perth have fg xr6 thanks for accepting
Dazzla_fg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2024, 10:07 AM   #10
Rabbit
Starter Motor

Thanks for the acceptance, have a 2023 F150 about to travel around this big country. Trying to find a GVM upgrade but not essential. Fearful but excited at the same time. Rabbit!
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2024, 10:16 AM   #11
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Welcome newbies.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2024, 11:50 PM   #12
Colin0061
Starter Motor

Recently purchased a tidy, totally stock EF Facon Gli. 195k on the clock and plenty of life in her, so look forward to getting useful hints and advice
Colin0061 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2024, 10:28 AM   #13
Mkwangus
Starter Motor

Owner of a mighty 1999 AU ute and it's a beast. Few little issues that I need to solve with my ac blower fan and power steering and I hope the person with the information I'm looking for is hidden in the forum. My name is Mike and my Ford's name in Freida.
Mkwangus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2024, 01:14 AM   #14
LUX-AU
Starter Motor

Hi all I’m Connor
Owner of a s1 Fairmont factory v8 wagon and a s3 forte xr mock
The wagon is an s2 Ltd wagon mock
LUX-AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2024, 02:44 PM   #15
EAI990
Starter Motor

Hi All
I was a member about 15 years ago when I had my last Falcon. Got an old EA about six months ago and have been slowly tidying it up for club rego. still heaps to do but enjoying getting out in it when ever I can..
I am sure I will need to access the vast quantities of info in my endeavour to preserve the old girl. I will post some pics soon
thanks
Will
EAI990 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2024, 02:50 PM   #16
EAI990
Starter Motor

EAI990 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2024, 08:31 PM   #17
SRV
Starter Motor

G'day. I have a 83 XE Fairmont (not the Ghia ) My brother has an FG Mk1 that's having problems. Glad to have found a workshop manual via this site.
SRV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2024, 04:58 PM   #18
CheerXR8
Starter Motor

Hi all I am hoping you might be able to help me, I have a 1994 XR8 sprint and we are looking for and aircon pump for it. Our mechanic can't seem to find on in NZ any help would be appreciated ty.
CheerXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2024, 11:22 PM   #19
2013fgute
Starter Motor

New here , have a 2013 fg Ute.

Anything I should be concerned or worried about ? It’s a new purchase had 120k , everything seems pretty good so far.

Looking to learn alot from this forum.
2013fgute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2024, 12:48 AM   #20
Gordi
Starter Motor

Hi All, running an 2010 FG Falcon Ute since new, $27,490...amazing how you dont forget some numbers....lol..sitting at 435,000klm, I hit a roo with it after 18 months, had insurance fix it thankfully, $ 4500 worth of repairs to the front end, and 9 months ago, i cleaned up an Emu, this time......into the garage it went, $1000 bucks worth of parts, 7 days of running around buying and installing second hand parts.....and voia.....back to work I went. Mechanic touched the gearbox around the 200k mark, dropped the wrong fluid into it, it immediately started to clunk overtaking on the highway, anyhow, a conversation about the auto gearbox oil specifics had him assuring me the penrite oil he used was to spec, which turns out after having a second hand gearbox installed, it should have never been used, live and learn on that one.....When I first bought it, i would drive on the highway with no shoes and by big toe just touching the accelerator......hardly a press to coast the 120 klm/hr.....shes now needing a bit more of a press and id love to get the ol girl back to that soft touch i loved so much....and here I am. So gday to all, looking forward and hoping to hear some stories about your ford adventures and or mishaps....and soaking up some wisdom from those that dont need to learn a lesson twice!
Gordi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2024, 08:05 AM   #21
Antonio491
Starter Motor

Hi All!

I'm Antonio your friendly neighborhood gutter cleaner with a passion for all things Ford. Whether I'm up high keeping gutters spotless or hitting the streets in my trusty Ford, I'm here to share tips, swap stories, and soak in the Ford love. Excited to join this community and rev up the conversation!
Antonio491 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2024, 09:01 AM   #22
XKyleX
Starter Motor

Gday guys,

Kyle here from south west Sydney.

About to be the owner of a hand me down 1999 AU XR8 falcon. My old man is a big ford guy and had a FG F6 among 2 daily drivers and wants to get a boat so offered me the AU so he has some room in the shed!

It’s pretty much stock, 174xxxs on the clock with a fresh factory colour respray. I plan to do the usual/tasteful modifications to it, suspension/exhaust/wheels and use it as a nice cruiser to take the family out on weekends
XKyleX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2024, 10:43 AM   #23
Rowdy49
Starter Motor

G'Day
Thank you for the acceptance. I have an SZ diesel territory. looking forward to wealth of information and knowledge on this forum.
Rowdy49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2024, 02:55 PM   #24
Marshy72
Starter Motor

Hi guys

Thanks to the admin team for adding me , I currently have a 06 Fiesta 1.6L 16v which is a commute car for work.
Looking forward to giving and receiving advice from this site.
Marshy72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2024, 08:49 AM   #25
Janal
Starter Motor

Hello to you all and thanks for accepting me into the forum, I haven't had a ford since I was a teen but have just brought a 2020 Ford Escape ST Line, taking me a bit of time to get used to the switch around with the wipers and blinkers being reversed haha. It's a nice drive though. 4 weeks into owning it I had a break down and lost all displays internally everything just went black. Been at the ford dealers now for a week and they can't figure out whats wrong with it. Can someone point me in the right forum direction of where I could get some suggestions of what could possibly be wrong with it. Thanks all...... cheers
Janal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2024, 09:47 PM   #26
Trendseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janal View Post
Hello to you all and thanks for accepting me into the forum, I haven't had a ford since I was a teen but have just brought a 2020 Ford Escape ST Line, taking me a bit of time to get used to the switch around with the wipers and blinkers being reversed haha. It's a nice drive though. 4 weeks into owning it I had a break down and lost all displays internally everything just went black. Been at the ford dealers now for a week and they can't figure out whats wrong with it. Can someone point me in the right forum direction of where I could get some suggestions of what could possibly be wrong with it. Thanks all...... cheers
Post it in the sub forum for Escape, Kuga here: https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=172
Old 21-02-2024, 09:00 PM   #27
Alistair Broadbent
AlBro

Hi - a long time now since signing up... but finally here with an intro. of sorts.
Probably best described by youth as an 'Old Fart' - I allow lies from my mirror by not putting on my specs, but, I have to admit: My best laugh is when I look without my falsies in❗
I've yet to update my profile in the forum - another 'Ill get around to it'.

The longish😊description of my Car: 2013 Ford Territory SZ TS Wagon 7seat 5door Seq Sport Shift 6sp 2.7DT (Turbo Diesel Common rail injection).
Labelled “TDCi”. It is not 4WD.
Fitted with the side steps, chip & wind spoilers, original crossbars (Ford Sx Sy Sz Territory Carry Bars 80Kg Roof Racks Blk), and lockable. [Now not available. Part Number: SX18320AB. (Interestingly - Designed for Ford , in New Zealand by a company since taken over by Yakima)]. To them, I attach a removable (lockable) Yakima ShowDown Kayak lifter which carries my Kayak and paddle well (The paddle is secured with Yakima AceO'Spades brackets).
On the other side - a 2m Ironman Awning attached via a RacksBrax HD HITCH STANDARD (8159) set (also lockable)… for easy lifting on and off. The awning also supports my Ironman 2m AWNING ROOM AND NET.
The tow ball carries a tilt down double bike carrier (The tilt enables the rear door to accessed).

No, I'm not an intrepid explorer. I did get out in the bush, a lot of the beaten track, and camp - when much younger. Now after many years I just want to enjoy getting away reasonably comfortably and enjoy the peace, bike riding, and kayaking - the later being very much a learning curve (only a little ever done). I do want the exercise and the escape from my nerdy tech inclination/obsession.

😱Inside and the garage are littered with my sort-out of my camping gear. I've more guy ropes, and assorted types of pegs than a 'Bull can S...' - all sorts I've hung on to over the years❗

I need to stop this to save your and my own sanity. In finishing: About the time of signing up to this forum - something I spotted reminded me of some of my early driving education and I snuck a thread at General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar > Humour Corner

In it, The YouTube link - shows "Mr Walker" becoming "Mr Wheeler". A Disney oldie. So's my Ford... and me❗

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwPS...p=gAQBiAQB8AUB

All Best to all - AlBro
Alistair Broadbent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2024, 07:25 PM   #28
SPC
Starter Motor

Hi all and thank you for accepting me into the forum.

I have a 2017 Ranger ute 3.2, that I recently acquired from a company who had the ute regularly serviced through a Ford Dealership. The vehicle is in very good condition for 170,000kms.

The sudden issue I'm having is driving back from the airport on the freeway suddenly started jerking, like cutting out, for a second then running then at low idle 'hunting'.

Recently changed the fuel filter and still has the same problem..

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks
SPC
SPC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2024, 04:11 PM   #29
Kena
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, Thanks for letting me join. I've just got an SZ mk2 TK 168000ks on it 2015 model.
Busy chasing the dreaded Wet Drivers Footwell problem, with a lot of help from
the Forum member's posts. Cheers Kena
Kena is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2024, 06:19 PM   #30
tone76
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Thanks for accepting my signup.

Just bought myself a 2007 BF MkII XT sedan for country driving and the odd bit of towing, only has about 217k on it, which is barely run in for a Barra so I'm told. I was originally after a wagon or ute, but they're either horribly expensive or completely flogged (or both)... but I found a nice sedan near me for a very reasonable price, so here I am.

My other car is a 2012 VW Up, which is great in the city but in the country it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot (still love that little bugger tho).

The BF isn't my first Ford. I've had a few 4-pot Fords over the years (AR Telstar, KE Laser, MkI Mondeo) but this is the first big car I've ever owned.

Seeing as my BF is actually pretty nice for a pov pack and I'll be spending a lot of time behind the wheel, I want to do some upgrades e.g. light bar, aux/bluetooth, hardwired dashcam and sat nav etc and will probably be leaning on the Australian Ford Forums Brains Trust a fair bit so I don't break anything.

Cheers.
tone76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post