Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
sambb
Starter Motor

Default zetec WS v WT performance

Hi,

I'd been leaning toward buying the WS fiesta zetec manual until recently when I read a GoAuto story from the time when they were transitioning to Thailand. It said that the WT zetec would have recalibrated steering that was weightier at speed and that it had a more rigid body and stiffer twist beam rear suspension mounts and sportier suspension than the European version. I haven't been able to distinguish during some quick/limited test drives so was hoping to hear from people with experience behind the wheel of both cars if one model zetec handles/steers better than the other. I realise that the different wheel/tyre packages may play into this too.

Also the WS has similar kw/NM but with peaks 500 rpm lower than in the WT. Is the WS a torquier drive and the WT revier, or is there nothing in it?

Are there any other WS issues I should know about apart from the cold start gremlins?

thanks

sambb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post