Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2011 Ford Fiesta Sport +

Ford has introduced the 2011 Ford Fiesta Sport+ to its range in five select European markets.

To be known as the S1600 in the UK and the Sport S in Germany, the Sport+ will also be sold in Austria, Belgium and Switzerland.

Unlike the 2010 model, the new vehicle is powered by an uprated version of the standard 1.6-litre petrol engine, producing 98kW of power and 160Nm of torque – an increase of 10kW and 8Nm.

The extra power drops its 0-100km/h sprint to 8.7 seconds and bumps up its top speed to 195km/h.

From the outside, the body kit includes a new front bumper, side skirts, roof-mounted rear spoiler and a rear diffuser with integrated dual exhaust pipes.

The 17-inch alloy wheels are finished in white, and the vehicle can be optioned in two unique colour schemes: Performance Blue with white Motorsport stripes, or Frozen White with blue stripes.

Inside is a leather-wrapped sports steering wheel, blue-stitched sports seats, and badged floor mats and scuff plates.

The price for the 2011 Ford Fiesta Sport S in Germany is €18,090 ($24,450).

http://www.caradvice.com.au/105675/2...opean-markets/

Why cant we get this model?

GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

I wonder what they did to get the extra power?

Exhaust and remap maybe...
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

More than likely twinpiston, maybee an even more agressive cam?

i wonder if they will make an XR4 again? or ST? i was under the impression that they dropped the ST for the RS now?

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
somers181

Lets hope they at least upgrade the rear brakes from drums to discs to cope with the increase!!!!!!!
Old 23-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
More than likely twinpiston, maybee an even more agressive cam?

i wonder if they will make an XR4 again? or ST? i was under the impression that they dropped the ST for the RS now?
I highly doubt that, they are 2 different spec levels.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

This is True,

but there was alot of discussion last time they made the ST and when they brought the WS out that they wouldnt be making another Fiesta ST.

That coupled with the fact that TEAM RS and ST themselves have "advised" that they wont be making another Focus RS. So logically that really only leaves the Fiesta RS.

The Fiesta RS has been made before many times in the UK and with Ken Blocks' performance and his advertising of the rally fiesta in america im sure that it may be on the cards......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to get along quite well with a member of another forum who worked on the Mondeo, so he worked internally for Ford of Europe. Well he cleared my from Facebook, think I may have been too pushy for information?

Regardless, he assured me that there would be an ST Fiesta. Ford were still working on this mid last year. Funnily enough Ford US were the driving force behind this, despite the success of the Fiesta ST in Europe, more than likely I guess they need a hero car for the Fiesta that you can actually buy (as great as the Ken Block Fiesta is, it's not a road car). He told me that the car would be shown sometime around when the Fiesta was face-lifted this year. Perhaps the guy was just yanking my chain, and had nothing to do with anything, but he seemed legit and the info he gave me was always spot on?

Back on topic, over an extra second off the clock is on the better side of a 10% improvement. Would definitely notice that. I'd love it is all I can say.
Old 24-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #8
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
I used to get along quite well with a member of another forum who worked on the Mondeo, so he worked internally for Ford of Europe. Well he cleared my from Facebook, think I may have been too pushy for information?

Regardless, he assured me that there would be an ST Fiesta. Ford were still working on this mid last year. Funnily enough Ford US were the driving force behind this, despite the success of the Fiesta ST in Europe, more than likely I guess they need a hero car for the Fiesta that you can actually buy (as great as the Ken Block Fiesta is, it's not a road car). He told me that the car would be shown sometime around when the Fiesta was face-lifted this year. Perhaps the guy was just yanking my chain, and had nothing to do with anything, but he seemed legit and the info he gave me was always spot on?

Back on topic, over an extra second off the clock is on the better side of a 10% improvement. Would definitely notice that. I'd love it is all I can say.
Plenty of evidence of an ST type Fiesta was and is kicking around. Both from internal sources (private) and spy pics etc. As it uses a tuned version of the 1.6T engine used in the ecoboost focus and mondeo (hopefully the aus focus too but not sure on this...) it is quite likely your friend heard about the fiesta ST program based on this connection. As the engine has only just started appearing in the new Focus in the next few months in europe it makes sense it would now go into the Fiesta ST. Such models are often launched out of sequence with the main model lineup.

I'd say this update is something to tide people over till it arrives unless Ford decided to drop the ST and so did a quick retrune and some visual mods to use thsi as a pretty weak substitute. Doubt though given how far the program was rumoured to have gotten.

Is this available with the DSG 6sp? Would be very quick with the short first gear...it has lineball same power as my sister's LR focus zetec and its lower weight would make up for most of its torque deficit. Based on that i'd say it would be quite a sprightly little fez indeed...

EDIT: check this link out: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11009212...-near-the-ring

Note the recaro seats and dual exhaust tips (one each side). There was another car in black that i saw once that had what seemed to be an intercooler. Interesting though that it might be an RS version because the last Fez ST didnt have seats that agressive. Could just be for testing though they were at the nurburgring!

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....

Last edited by Swordsman88; 24-02-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post