Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Wet footwell

Well, this has to be the first problem I've had with the Focus. Water in the passenger side footwell.................and yes I know, it's probably the Pollen Filter. Apparently a common Focus problem.

I assume this is a dealer fix. Where exactly is the pollen filter anyhow? And can I fix it myself?

Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

This photo of my car should give you a good idea of where it is. The plastic cover (that covers half the windscreen, you can see the drivers side one still in place) has a little channel in it (edit: on the underside) that should channel water down away from the filter - but the top of the plastic cover is supposed to be glued onto the windscreen as well, to keep water out. I assume the standard glue either isn't working, or the channel isn't drawing the water that does seep thru away.

When my windscreen was replaced, the cover was glued back on all the way across to avoid water ingress (and of course the channel on the underside to draw water away was still moulded into the plastic cover).

Hope that helps.

Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 21-08-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 12:09 AM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

There's a TSB for it in service workshops, one of the earliest problems actually!
Old 22-08-2005, 09:56 AM   #4
melbzetec

Thanks Guys.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 22-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Its actually allowing water in there is it??? Hope ya get it all sorted steve! The discomfort of wet feet do nothing for your heel and toe-ing ability!!!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #6
melbzetec

Luckily, only on the passenger side Danny. I can still heel and toe to my hearts delight!!!!...And how much easier if I had the pedals on your fiery Fiesta!

Old 23-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Hahaha well since you taught me how they work I've been practicing a bit, so next cruise will be interesting ;)

Hope ya get the water issues solved regardless mate, Cheers.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
melbzetec

Yeh. Well just got a little letter from the Vicki Policki asking for a contribution of $131 following the cruise. I just didn't see that bloody grey Toyota HiLux early enough. Puts a bit of a "heel and toe" into the bank account!!

Here's a couple of articles on "heel and toe" technique

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/how...2/article.html
http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/essenti...e/shifting.htm

Old 24-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The bastards. What speed were you doing, you naughty society-disrespecting criminal mastermind you...?

Hope I don't get one, although I think I'm cool. I was hanging back with xurbanx
Old 24-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Yeh. Well just got a little letter from the Vicki Policki asking for a contribution of $131 following the cruise. I just didn't see that bloody grey Toyota HiLux early enough. Puts a bit of a "heel and toe" into the bank account!!

Here's a couple of articles on "heel and toe" technique

http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/how...2/article.html
http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/essenti...e/shifting.htm
15km/h and under I take it?
Old 24-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #11
melbzetec

87km/h in an 80 zone. Downhill.(Actual speed 92 or something like that)

I didn't think they were supposed to put speed cameras on downhill sections. Or is that wishful thinking?