Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Well if you're in Perth you could buy mine in about 9 -10 weeks. Has almost every available bolt on engine mod (look at my sig) but the ECU is standard so there is still more to be gained. It goes much harder than a stocker and according to my stop watch will hit 100 km/h in about 7.3 secs. There is another benchmark acceleration test (which I won't mention) where it is now a whopping 3.5 secs quicker than when it was stock. It handles like it’s on rails (goes without saying really) and can return economy as good as 6.5 l / 100 km on a long run (if you’re nice to it).

If you do buy a stocker, you will have to mod it, because the stock engine performance is really found wanting relative to the exemplary handling, and you will be frustrated that you can’t get more out of it. Having said that, I can tell you that a modded ST170 is one hell of a car and on a twisty bit of road can be one very satisfying experience.

Oh, and the only reason I’m selling it is because I have a new ST (XR5) on the way.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post