Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Default 4 young teens lost their lives last night because the driver was showing off

I dunno if its made National news but apparently it has.
Saw it on TV this evening, 4 teenagers aged between 15-18 died late last night after their '92 Ford Falcon lost control and ploughed into a tree splitting the car in half.

The driver only had aquired his licence a short time ago and was already known as a showoff.
The accident occured as a result of the car reportedly seen overtaking a car on the long straight road next to the beach here in Townsville.
The falcon apparently reached speeds in excess of 70km over the designated speed limit (80k zone) and had lost control in the process.

There were 2 females and 2 males that were in the car. All but 1 passenger died instantly. He was transported to hospital but died on the way.
Apparently the crash was so powerful not only did the car break in half but the engine was thrown something like 20 metres down the road.

How do I know all this?
It happened in my town, my brother knew 2 of the passengers involved and the girl I'm seeing at the moment her cousin's girlfriend was one of the females that also died there.
Pretty sad event. Goes to show that teenagers shouldn't be allowed to drive at night or with passengers.
The driver was completely at fault, he deserves no sympathy but the passengers 2 females and another male both still young didnt deserve to have their lives ended so carelessly. :(

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel