Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
PhillipFord
Starter Motor

Default So when is the V8 coming?

Gday

Know you guys know your stuff.

Last night test drove a new Fairmont Ghia Turbo. Talking to the salesman about the new V8 Ford has and he said that its very likely will be coming seeing the amount of queries they get. Roughly a couple of lads a week ask about the new V8 in XR8 ute form at this small dealer out in the sticks.

He then started backtracking when I told him I prefer a V8. I have bought a few Rangers off him over the last year so I know he wouldnt dick me around but still a bit sus he just wants a sale now.

I need to know whether its coming or not and when. I want to get my new car sorted out today just so I can get it all done by tax time. Does anyone know of any dates? I am willing to wait a few months if I know its coming.

Apart from that love the car.

Cheers

Phil

Old 17-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

Default Re: So when is the V8 coming?

its the million $ question ...i dont think anyone knows for sure
Old 17-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Technically people like you dont exist, thats what they like to think anyway.

Nothing this year, and nothing at all IMO until the new Tez and LPG cars start getting the numbers going again.

Oh but its ok, surely you would want a GS yeah?

Honestly your better off getting some Hemi goodness, they are having good sales at the moment. I was going to say look a Calais 6.0 but no way id get one of them over a 300C.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

You guys can pick the discussion in this thread here, 34 pages of it.
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....&highlight=xr8

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 17-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
PhillipFord
Starter Motor

Default So when is the V8 coming?

My computer is not letting me link to my old message so I dont know where this will go.

Cheers thanks for the suggestions.

Im pretty keen to get the car sorted today is it worth just opting for the turbo?

And is the Territory diesel grunty enough?

Is GS a FPV or Ford? as the nearest FPV dealer is a million kays away. Just Toyota, Holden and Ford around here.
Old 17-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Your thraed was deleted by mods mate as their is a few that are quite similar that will answer your questions.
Old 17-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
PhillipFord
Starter Motor

Ok then I guess that means there is no new news on the V8.

The dealer said the new Territory diesel has a lot of grunt like a V8 would that drive as well?personally I hate diesel as I drive them everyday but if it has a lot of grunt I would consider it.
Old 17-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

If you want grunt then its the GS s/c or XR6T/G6E Turbo.

Diesels have grunt for about 2500-3000rpm,they sign off early and are all about shortshifting if you want it to go quick.
Old 17-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Diesels have grunt for about 2500-3000rpm,they sign off early and are all about shortshifting if you want it to go quick.
Remember to double clutch them like you should!

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Old 17-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Thumbs up Re: So when is the V8 coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik6
Remember to double clutch them like you should!
Only if its the boss's car
Old 17-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
PhillipFord
Starter Motor

The local Holden mob are bringing over a V8 Calais V wagon to my warehouse in 20 mins for me to try out so Ill see how it goes. Bloody hell Im actually considering a Holden.
Old 17-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

If you want go get a turbo, if you towing power get a diesel, if you want the V8 noise don't get a Holden V8.

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Old 17-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When is a V8 coming ?? when hell freezes over!!!
Will be interesting to get your opinion on the wagon.. I am considering a Calais V sedan in october...as there will be no G8E..
Old 17-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Calais V8 wagon,very nice.

You may have found your car today?
Old 17-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #15
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've got an 08 Calais V wagon at work at the moment which is quite nice. It's well equiped and fairly quiet, sat nav, leather, DVD player, front/rear sensors etc... My only gripe is the engine feels breathless, just no torque compared to the Ford turbos, XR8s etc I drive all the time and the gearbox is horrible. Oh and it is and looks like a VE unfortunately...

(we've had a few different Holden V8's in here and I didn't like anyone bar an SS ute with a full pacemaker/Xforce exhaust, tune and a growler OTR intake which was damn quick)

Thats my opinion on the car anyway, others will always see different. Give it a go, if you like it then thats a plus for you!

Last edited by Fev; 17-06-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 17-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipFord
My computer is not letting me link to my old message so I dont know where this will go.

Cheers thanks for the suggestions.

Im pretty keen to get the car sorted today is it worth just opting for the turbo?

And is the Territory diesel grunty enough?

Is GS a FPV or Ford? as the nearest FPV dealer is a million kays away. Just Toyota, Holden and Ford around here.
Where are you? Most regional Ford dealers have a deal set up with FPV to do service and supply vehicles as a sub-dealer of a larger FPV dealer.
Old 17-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
PhillipFord
Starter Motor

FAAARRRRRRKKKKK!!!! Im in love. It hammers on the quick drive I did. It was a nice gunmetal grey one. Wasnt originally keen on the wagon on the phone but its the only demo they had. As soon as it rocked up I knew I wanted the wagon and not the sedan.

For a laugh we hooked up the bobcat trailer to it and towed it piece of **** even though I dont need it to tow. The one we drove had done about 2000km and was April 2011 build so still a baby. But it felt great.

just ordered a black Calais V V8 Sportwagon with cream interior and heavy duty towpack. At the same time ordered a white Colorado 4wd single cab diesel. Been a quick and expensive day ha! Told them they will get the rest of my business if they continue to look after me.

8 weeks for delivery though. Wondering if they are bloody building it by hand.
Old 17-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #18
Rodge
Banned

Seriously dude, you bought a Holden without even driving a supercharged FPV and you're on this forum bragging about how good it is ? All I can say is some people are very easily impressed.

I think you'd better find a more appropriate forum where you're posts will be more appreicated. I am sure one of the other AFF members can direct you to the Holdung forums

To the moderators. This thread has no value whatsoever on the AFF, may I suggest it is removed, the OP has no idea and there's no point in him being on the AFF other than to perhaps "stir"

Last edited by Rodge; 17-06-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 17-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No they build them in pairs so they are just waiting to sell another one
Old 17-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
FAAARRRRRRKKKKK!!!! Im in love. It hammers on the quick drive I did. It was a nice gunmetal grey one. Wasnt originally keen on the wagon on the phone but its the only demo they had. As soon as it rocked up I knew I wanted the wagon and not the sedan.

For a laugh we hooked up the bobcat trailer to it and towed it piece of **** even though I dont need it to tow. The one we drove had done about 2000km and was April 2011 build so still a baby. But it felt great.

just ordered a black Calais V V8 Sportwagon with cream interior and heavy duty towpack. At the same time ordered a white Colorado 4wd single cab diesel. Been a quick and expensive day ha! Told them they will get the rest of my business if they continue to look after me.

And now you can zip off to deed poll and change your name to Phillip Holden.
Old 17-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #21
Rodge
Banned

^^^ PM sent. What's the purpose of this thread ?
Old 17-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #22
krzysiek

Wow, didn't test drive a competing car and made the choice already! I'm looking to buy an FG XR6 and even though my mind is pretty set on it I am still going to test the VE SV6 to at least get a feel for it. Seems like you coughed up a lot of money without doing too much searching around!

Hey, it is your money and whatever you do is your choice and no one should really even give their opinion on that side of things, but I really do think you should have test driven another car or two.
Old 17-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #23
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A new player, asks a question but before reading any answers decides not to buy a Ford.

Free will at work.........

www.ls1.com.au have all the info you need.
Old 17-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #24
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ls1 troll any one.. fishing with strong bait in this thread..
Old 17-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

No if his legit his just another example of what is really going on. People dont simply go "oh well I guess ill settle for the G6ET".

Rodge the type of person who wants a V8 in a G6E body will not buy a GS and will not extend the budget to a GTE regardless of the engine.

Most people just want a V8, they dont need a fire breathing beast and if you do go the GS it just doesnt compare to the features that the SSV/SS have. At the end of the day we are a society largely driven but gizmo's and bling.

I would have gone a 300C personally, they have some awesome run out deals at the moment.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #26
Rodge
Banned

^^ My money's on him being a stirring troll. I'm sure the mods will close this thread soon. I think the XR8 thing has been done to death too.
Quote:
One look and I wanted the wagon,
(or wqrds to that effect) oh please, this guy needs to take his "hand off it"

Mate we agree on many things and i always enjoy chatting with you but those 300C's are just hideous tanks, have you ever driven one ?, I mean they are just AWFUL and then there's the retro gangster styling, yuck, quick someone please find me a vomit bag

Won't bother posting again on this thread. Bet my last dollar this thread will be closed or deleted very soon.

Last edited by Rodge; 17-06-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 17-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #27
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats got my Troll radar pinging loudly is...
The very little post count..
Pretty much just signed up..
Doesnt even bother to test the competition... Considering the fair amount of investment dollars.. (transport is only usualy behind housing property purchases)
Has bowed down and has stated his alliance's for future purchases with HOLDEN.. -Not just another car company.... THE NO.1 enemy competitor...
Old 17-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #28
Rodge
Banned

^^ and he bought two Holdens at once all in one day, FFS if that isn't a dead giveaway, opps I promised I wouldn't post again , sorry couldn't resist the Op's clearly just "fishing" for strife.
Old 17-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #29
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i can see the wagon but the colorado! wtf they are rubbish
Old 17-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #30
blk6t

WHAT???? Even though my heart is set on the new FPV V8 I have thoroughly driven a Clubby for 1/2 a day and read numberous reviews and forums to compare.

In all honesty the FPV mechanically is far superior to the HSV or Holden for that matter, in my opinion.

No way would I go and spend circa $65k on a car without giving the competition a go at taking my money.

We looked at 5 cars before getting the wifes new car...

Oh well, I look forward to driving next to him one day and letting him hear my supercharger whine followed by the all mightly V8 exhaust growl.....