Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
slowsnake
Banned

Default Dent puller for au2 bonnett

Trying to find a dent puller to get dent from kangaroo out of bonnet, the old school slide hammer, and I made heaps of em for my mates, pull bearings both inner outer, but I made a few for car body dents, with a 32 mm long 4 gauge threaded screw, so drill a tiny hole screw in thread and just gently pull out and MIG weld holes.

Do you think I can buy one like that?... they sell kits online where they use a glue gun and nylon discs of varying dia, you glue a few on and thread slide hammer to it?

But the whole kit and caboodle vary so much in price it's a minefield of very similar advertisements, am going to Supercheap as they have a slide hammer, $79 bucks, but reviews from customers online are woefully negatory, this dent is hidden behind the bonnet frame and has to be pulled, I can't get behind it so need to pull it, any ideas are welcome, any thoughts on it welcome, keep in mind I only have one usable hand and am nearly 69yrs old, and don't have welder now, and I like minimal body filler.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post