Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

Angry Ford Customer Service

Well my rant begins.

I decided to take my xr8 to Ford today to ask if i could have a chat with the head mechanic to ask about somethings regarding me car. Now the thing is that he had red mud on his shoes at the time, whilst he was in the car he didnt bring his legs in the cabin(thank god) i went and opened the bonnet, as soon as i opened it he decided to rev it, i walked over and asked him why he reved it he said i wanted to hear your car, i said that its not needed that he rev it, so i turned it off. I really needed him to test the alternator with a multi-meter not rev it. He didnt apologise now next thing i looked on my carpet and there was a patch about the size of my hand of red mud, i was stunned looking at him he said sorry cant help you with that you will have to take it to a auto elecy. I was getting a bit annoyed now and said you dirtied my carpet, he looked as said itll dry up n be easy to clean.

Whilst i work at Mercedes-Benz, we respect every single customer and their pride and joy, no matter what, we had a mechanic that left 2 finger prints on a customers cars doors, and he had to drive to the customers home and clean the marks off, now Ford wouldnt give a whether they left marks or not as i never get my car washed even when its covered in mud. :

Just had to get it out, has anyone else received bad service?car returned dirty?

Old 29-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO57

Just had to get it out, has anyone else received bad service?
LOL! How long is a piece of string...

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
Old 29-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
ToxikXR6
Enthusiast

we had to have the engine looked at a while back on the BA.
"your car will be ready in 2weeks" .. they gave us a Ford focus to use until we got ours back.

so two weeks has come around, we're hoping going on holidays with the newly fixed car.. then to get told "we needed to order parts from America to fit your engine"

okay, no worries for that. I can see that getting parts from America would take a while. We made regular checks to the Ford place about if they had any idea when the parts would arrive or at least some kind of date when the car would be ready.

in the end.. it was 6 MONTHS LATER we got the car back.
questioned them why it took so long, but they couldnt tell us why.

And only today I rang the same place to ask about my XR and just get some type of
idea of what to do with the issues its been having lately. (told them what was happening with it, etc) "we cant discuss those issues without having the car here"
Old 29-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here we go again... :

Old 29-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give me a break, I agree with the guy 100%.. I dont want to be rude, but he must have thought you where a nobe when you asked him to stop reving the car & turned it off!! Dont have a mechanic to check your car & then thing you know it all!! You probably started to ****ed him off by asking for the "head" mechanic just to have a "chat". What is wrong with asking to speak to a mechanic?? Did it really have to be the Head machanic? Talk down to people & you'll get the same back!! Simiple
Old 29-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Whilst i work at Mercedes-Benz, we respect every single customer and their pride and joy, no matter what, we had a mechanic that left 2 finger prints on a customers cars doors, and he had to drive to the customers home and clean the marks off
You are kidding right? thats not a sign of a bad mechanic... thats a simple miss by your detailers... do your customers expect you to work on their cars with cotton gloves that get changed everytime a mechanic scratches him/herself? or is it that your customers are pretty up themselves?

Now before you go on about me knowing nothing of customer service and all that hype, i work for my local Toyota Dealership as the senior Spare Parts Interpretor... i am clean as i am able to be, respectful of customers belongings and vehicles but also know the annoyances of having customers come in to just "test the waters" with only having chats... it can become very disruptive and anti-productive... and someone has to pay the wages for a mechanic to stand around and talk...
Old 29-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

okay, first off im a parts Interpretor, i know wtf im talking about, secondly nowhere is open today for me to call up and have a chat about what is wrong with my car. My apologies, i was meant to say that i asked for the head technician but i spoke to the service advisor as he told me he was a mechanic so he came out to have a chat with me. So dont go off your nut just yet & yes majority of the mechnics wear gloves whilst working on customer cars.
I wasnt testing the waters i dont have time for that okay. He reved my car without me showing or telling him what my problem was. Is that okay with you big guy?or cant anyone else have a rant after a bad run in with Ford Customer Service,
Old 29-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
okay, first off im a parts Interpretor, i know wtf im talking about, secondly nowhere is open today for me to call up and have a chat about what is wrong with my car. My apologies, i was meant to say that i asked for the head technician but i spoke to the service advisor as he told me he was a mechanic so he came out to have a chat with me. So dont go off your nut just yet & yes majority of the mechnics wear gloves whilst working on customer cars.
I wasnt testing the waters i dont have time for that okay. He reved my car without me showing or telling him what my problem was. Is that okay with you big guy?or cant anyone else have a rant after a bad run in with Ford Customer Service,
Did the mechanic fix the problem or advise you on what to do? Sorry missed the last part of your post. So apart from making your carpet dirty & rev the engine did he do anything else?
Old 29-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

Well i asked him if its the alternator thats causing my idle issue, he replied it could be, he said that its not a common problem for the xr8's, so take it to a auto electrician and get it taken off for him to look at.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well i asked him if its the alternator thats causing my idle issue, he replied it could be, he said that its not a common problem for the xr8's, so take it to a auto electrician and get it taken off for him to look at.
Sounds like you got what you paid for....

Why didnt you book the car in and let them look at the problem properly rather than demand a free on the spot driveway diagnosis?

Old 29-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
So the problem was a bad idle not a dodgey alternator which is why you brought it in in the first place?
Old 29-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #12
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Sounds like you got what you paid for....

Why didnt you book the car in and let them look at the problem properly rather than demand a free on the spot driveway diagnosis?
From the "head mechanic's?" diagnostic skills, I would not have paid for any thing. How hard is it to test the battery, or use a multimeter? Does he send the car to the auto electrician to check drive belt tension? Does he send the car to a DIESEL shop to check the FUEL INJECTORS? Take off the rose (HRT ) coloured glasses 4V lad, some Ford Dealers are more efficient than others. Please don't get me started on Ford (authorised?) Dealers. :monkes:
Old 29-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #13
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

I have booked it in there 4 times already for the same problem, thats why i wanted to speak to the head technician. theyve found nothing.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #14
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

If you had mentioned to him that you had a bad idle, before you reached the car then maybe that is why he gave it a rev. Mechanics usually have a routine that they will go through to fix a problem, Mercedes may do it differently, how ever it does not make up for the muddy print on your carpet, but he is not a detailer either.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGT4me
From the "head mechanic's?" diagnostic skills, I would not have paid for any thing. How hard is it to test the battery, or use a multimeter? Does he send the car to the auto electrician to check drive belt tension? Does he send the car to a DIESEL shop to check the FUEL INJECTORS? Take off the rose (HRT ) coloured glasses 4V lad, some Ford Dealers are more efficient than others. Please don't get me started on Ford (authorised?) Dealers. :monkes:
Do you pay for a visit to the doctor when you're feeling crook or just lob and ask for a quick "diagnosis" from whoever you grab that's walking past at the clinic?

Old 29-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Here we go again... :
Afraid so.

Every brand has their ups and downs in terms of service, unfortunately on here it's all about Ford. Head over to LS1 and it's all about Holden etc etc. I could personally tell you a few good'uns about Ford, Toyota and Honda as thats what I have in my driveway.

I dont quite agree with the extent of sending a mechanic to a customer's house to clean off fingerprints (yes theyre annoying but they do happen, get over it), however I too would be annoyed if I had mud on my mats - its not that hard to grab one of the paper sheets to chuck on the floor.

Don't ask for the 'head mechanic' either - thats just the bloke who bothered to iron his shirt that day.
Old 29-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #17
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do you pay for a visit to the doctor when you're feeling crook or just lob and ask for a quick "diagnosis" from whoever you grab that's walking past at the clinic?
Nah mate, like you I head straight to the funeral director in case I really am sick. Either way I would rather he was dead right, than dead wrong!!! Factory trained morticians!!!
Old 29-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #18
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Afraid so.

Every brand has their ups and downs in terms of service,
yep they certainly do. Mercedes benz leave finger marks on the cars.

Bloody grubs!!!
Old 29-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

So why can't you or your wonderful Mercedies Technician collegues slide your silky smooth hands in to some shiny new fur lined gloves, put on some of motzart's finest then grab a multimeter and test the voltage yourself. Ohh yeah, your a Mercedes Benz parts interpreter not an auto elec. Sorry forgot.

Give the bloke a break, he was probably head down bum up on someone elses car with 10 others in line, when you roll up out of the blue with all the attitude you have shown here, demanding he drop everything to look at your idle problem.
Old 29-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

How much does it cost to service a Mercedes at one of the top dealerships. You get what you pay for. You can't expect luxury service at a budget car price.
Old 29-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #21
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb
So why can't you or your wonderful Mercedies Technician collegues slide your silky smooth hands in to some shiny new fur lined gloves, put on some of motzart's finest then grab a multimeter and test the voltage yourself. Ohh yeah, your a Mercedes Benz parts interpreter not an auto elec. Sorry forgot.

Give the bloke a break, he was probably head down bum up on someone elses car with 10 others in line, when you roll up out of the blue with all the attitude you have shown here, demanding he drop everything to look at your idle problem.
Good point, for all your service requirements, take your XR8 to your nearest Mercedes Benz (authorised) dealer. At least they can check battery voltage & use a multimeter. What is a "collegue : "?
Old 29-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #22
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
That's the problem, everyone who goes to ford and gets the stuff around comes on here and whinges about it.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 30-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #23
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

Quote:
Nah mate, like you I head straight to the funeral director in case I really am sick. Either way I would rather he was dead right, than dead wrong!!! Factory trained morticians!!!
The commputer say's " your dead " then the commputer say's " NO "
Old 30-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #24
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76txcoupe
That's the problem, everyone who goes to ford and gets the stuff around comes on here and whinges about it.
And this is Ford Forums, not how Mercedes Benz could of fixed my car!!! : Perhaps, one day, Ford will realise there are dealers & dedicated Ford Dealers out there. People on here also offer up praise for good dealer service as well!!! :
Old 30-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #25
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76txcoupe
Old 30-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #26
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
How much does it cost to service a Mercedes at one of the top dealerships. You get what you pay for. You can't expect luxury service at a budget car price.
Does luxury service include checking the alternator charge rate, & battery condition? I have never seen a Ford dealer charge budget rates, that is why Ultratune etc are in existence!!! :
Old 30-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #27
Muscle_Inc
GT= The Gamble,The Legend

Not too long ago i had a issue with my window regulator on my drivers side when i had the EL.

What happened was we purchased the window reg from ford and couple of months later the item had failed. The item was properly installed by my mechanic and after some simple methods to rectify the problem it had, we had to take it to ford as it was still under warranty and obviously we had the whole window reg replaced.

We booked the vehicle in, we received a sms from ford confirming the appointment and when the day come my father took the vehicle to the dealer and we had the window reg replaced.

Now i had a small gripe when i got the car back and these are small but silly things, drivers window had fingerprints, couple of marks on the door and from memory they didnt connect my speaker correctly which also had static running thru it.

Quite honestly my car was in mickey mouse condition especially as it was a daily driver but we rectified those minor problems ourselves almost immediately!

At the end of the day i sent my car there for a particular purpose and a job they did respectively with many months later having a window that was doing it job without any glitches!

Howard Marsden -They were at time rated supposedly as the fastest 4 door production car in the world.

Bill Bourke - Part of the GT that changed the auto industry of australia, i would say one word, exciting it added excitement to the industry.

-GTHO P3
Old 30-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #28
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
And this is Ford Forums, not how Mercedes Benz could of fixed my car!!! : Perhaps, one day, Ford will realise there are dealers & dedicated Ford Dealers out there. People on here also offer up praise for good dealer service as well!!! :
What I was getting at(as our older users will know) is that whingeing about ford but not offering constructive criticism(telling us how mercedes send mechanics to customers homes to spitpolish the fingerprints left on a door is NOT constructive) is negative and degrades the forum. The threads get closed and no body wins.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 30-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #29
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Never had a problem with Ford service as miraculous as that sounds. However, I will never go with the various tyre chains namely Beaurepaires. I sent my first XR8 there for a basic wheel alignment & rotation. After the work is done, they drive it to see how it is. Mine came back with deep gutter scrapes on the front lips, and completely rooted sleeve bearings in my LSD. Naturally they deny the whole damn thing. Fortunately I took it back to the Ford dealer i bought it off and they happily fixed EVERYTHING under stat warranty, no trying to wiggle out of it. Despite the massive cost to them, they even gave me a BA XT as a loan car till it was fixed. So you can see why Im puzzled as to the bad rep Ford dealers seem to get.
Old 30-12-2009, 12:41 AM   #30
Ozzyiceman
Formula F6 - Hmmmm!

This morning I noticed that all 3 cross over rubber posts had broken. Went to New Oak Service Dept and asked 'politely' if someone was available to look at my car with the view to having it fixed. The service manager (Neil) and mechanic could not have been more helpful and friendly, understood my issue , offered to fix the problem today, I left the car, got a curtesy call several hours later, repair completed, no cost - warranty! No dramas, 1st class customer service all the way.

Just thought I would attempt to balance the perception that not all calls for help result in a poor outcome!
'02 Explorer - V6 - Mineral Grey
One Day! '69 RoadRunner or '71 Plymouth Cuda or '66 Pontiac GTO
Too much horsepower is just about enough." - Carroll Shelby
Closed Thread