Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 29-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
SP Ken

Default Bob Romano's

G'day All,

Firstly I don't want to offend any site sponsors so that is why I am posting this here in our Club Section and not in the general forum area. Most of the Clubbies will know that Bob, Esther, Chris and Luke at Bob Romanos Performance Motors have been long time supporters and sponsors of the Club. I would like to take the time this morning to thank the team there, especially Chris Romano and young Luke for the outstanding job they did on my Typhoon. It is a different car now, Chris is really one of the best when it comes to tuning Haltechs and at the risk of copping an avalanche of posts stating the opposite, you can't beat the advantage of real time tuning that you get with a piggyback computer.

Again thanks to all the team at BRPM, I can't get the smile off my face.

Cheers,

Ken

Old 29-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

C'mon Ken what figures is the F6 pushing out now , don't be shy I know you want to tell
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
SP Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
C'mon Ken what figures is the F6 pushing out now , don't be shy I know you want to tell
Yeh, yeh righto Al keep you pants on. It ended up at 284.5 RWKWs (381.5 RWHP). There seems to be a little bit of a restriction in the exhaust so I am going for a more free flowing Cat before we run it up again in a couple of weeks.

Ken
Old 29-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
sutty
Mushroom

Default Capa??

Hi Ken,

Do you know if Bob Romanos have the software to tune the CAPA boxes?

If so, do you know if they've done many BA/BF's?

I'm looking for a new tuner.

Thanks,
Phil.
sutty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
SP Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty
Hi Ken,

Do you know if Bob Romanos have the software to tune the CAPA boxes?

If so, do you know if they've done many BA/BF's?

I'm looking for a new tuner.

Thanks,
Phil.
G'day Phil,

Yep Chris is a dab hand at the edit as well. Give him a call and I am sure he will spare the time for a chat,

Ken
Old 29-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #6
zac1114
Starter Motor

Default Re: Bob Romano's

i got my fg tuned in 2010 or so by this guy ( REALLY DOESNT KNOW HOW TO DYNO A CAR PROPER lol) i literally had been tuned by good tuners (forced towoomba) (jw racing) ect this guy was on accruent affair for ripping people off also he ripped me

bob grant automatics sent me to him after reconditioning my gearbox it needed a gearbox / dyno with them working together and bob grant worked with his dad my tailshaft was also **** so they bought me a built 1 AND FIT IT WRONG!! my tunes were HORRIBLE literally wouldnt cold start EVER because he didnt know anything about e85 he even needed help by sending the dyno tune pictures of it previously (never been asked before)

good luck going to a guy like this his literally a scammer his wife i had problems to calling and abusiing my family over asking if the work was done legit.. the tailshaft fell out diff end was dragging along the ground!! he couldnt install it (was built proper installed bad) the tune ran like crap his a scammer good luck with dyno tunes or any work done by him!
zac1114 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: