Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-02-2020, 07:38 AM   #1
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2020 Escape Pricing revealed

https://www.caradvice.com.au/829980/...arousel&slot=0

Quote:
The ST-Line PHEV’s powertrain pairs a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine running the more efficient Atkinson-cycle, with an electric motor, making a combined 167kW. The battery has a 14.4kWh capacity, enabling a claimed pure-electric and zero-emission driving range of up to 50km.
Like the Outlander or Mini Countryman All4 PHEV, the Escape PHEV’s batteries can be charged up by a wallbox or regular household powerpoint, or more slowly by the petrol engine-generator and recuperated brake energy.
Once your battery’s usable energy is depleted the car still runs like a conventional hybrid, such as Toyota’s RAV4, where the electric motor chips in at low speeds and lends a hand to save fuel, though Ford Australia is yet to provide localised economy figures.
183kW Ecoboost 8 speed auto.
Quote:
Powering all of the non-PHEV models is the most powerful engine in class, a 183kW and 387Nm 2.0-litre EcoBoost petrol that uses a claimed 8.6L/100km. It’s mated to a new eight-speed automatic transmission as standard in both FWD and on-demand AWD guises.
Higher Vignale spec coming instead of Titanium.

2020 Ford Escape pricing (before on-roads):
Escape FWD 2.0 EcoBoost - $35,990
Escape ST-Line FWD 2.0 EcoBoost - $37,990
Escape ST-Line AWD 2.0 EcoBoost - $40,990
Escape Vignale FWD 2.0L EcoBoost - $46,590
Escape Vignale AWD 2.0L EcoBoost - $49,590
Escape ST-Line PHEV FWD - $52,940
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2020 Escape Pricing revealed

Raises an interesting comparison for a Ford-only buyer, Escape Vignale AWD or Endura Titanium AWD, yes Endura is bigger however if you don't need the full rear passenger width and cargo load space...you can save almost $18K and get Vignale Escape spec with 183kW...anyone surprised no diesel, I'm not.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
minheim

I'm a bit surprised they have dropped the titanium name. I wonder if that signals a move to a higher spec luxury push across other models in the Ford family for Australia.

According to an article I found online dated 2017 (https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ignale-review/ , the vignale is almost a luxury sub-brand. Here are some extracts from that:

"Unlikely as it seems, Ford of Europe is deadly serious about its new Vignale sub-brand, planning to create lux iterations of everything from the subcompact Fiesta to the minivan-like S-Max. Having sold off both Jaguar and Land Rover when times were tougher, Ford no longer has any s****ier brand in Europe—Lincoln has never had a presence on the Continent—and Vignale models are meant to fill some of the gap. We’re told that they are positioned above the existing model hierarchy and are aimed at customers who otherwise would go for a premium brand".

"As you’d expect, the Kuga Vignale gets plusher trim and more standard equipment than its workaday cousin, and indeed it comes fitted with pretty much every available option. But it also will be sold differently, from no-hassle “lounges” inside select Ford dealerships to the offer of pick-up-and-drop servicing and even a concierge service that claims to be capable of getting tickets for sold-out shows. (These perks are similar to those offered to buyers of Lincoln Black Label models in the U.S.) The company says that Vignale variants will undergo extra quality checks during assembly as well, which might make buyers of lesser Kugas wonder just what Ford is willing to overlook on their cars."

I wonder if this means we might be looking at a sort of Ford Special Vehicles
presence in select dealerships.

The absence of a diesel in the new Escape range probably means the endura is intended to hold the fort until hybrids become more mainstream in the brand.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Highly unlikely they will use the Vignale special dealer service here. They will most likely just be sold just like any other Escape. The sales figures won't justify it like it does in Europe.

Although it's a full plug in hybrid setup, not a basic non plug in setup like the RAV4 Hybrid, they are surely taking the **** at charging 15k extra for it. Although from what I can see you also get partial leather trim, 10 way electric front seats and an upgraded premium audio system included, which isn't available on the non hybrid ST line.

Claimed fuel usage is 1.5 liters per 100km though. Can go 50kms on electric power alone. Bloody impressive. The RAV4 Hybrid is 4.8 litres per 100. But the kicker is you can get the hybrid for about 2K over the non hybrid. Which makes it really good value. No wonder Toyota are selling heaps of them. Ford will sell stuff all Escape hybrids at that price.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #5
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

12 month wait for hybrid Rav though.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #6
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I had a quick look at the specs and the biggest difference between Endura and the new Escape
appears to be roughly 100mm less rear hip and shoulder room and of course a bit less cargo room.
Maybe 300 kg lighter too...

I can see why Europe wants to give the Edge the heave no, the Escape looks a pretty efficient design
and its way cheaper to boot, hope the hybrid system works out to be cheaper ownership than diesel,
that could play well in our market even if RAV4 continues to dominate.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #7
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

Although it's a full plug in hybrid setup, not a basic non plug in setup like the RAV4 Hybrid, they are surely taking the **** at charging 15k extra for it. Although from what I can see you also get partial leather trim, 10 way electric front seats and an upgraded premium audio system included, which isn't available on the non hybrid ST line.

Claimed fuel usage is 1.5 liters per 100km though. Can go 50kms on electric power alone. Bloody impressive. The RAV4 Hybrid is 4.8 litres per 100. But the kicker is you can get the hybrid for about 2K over the non hybrid. Which makes it really good value. No wonder Toyota are selling heaps of them. Ford will sell stuff all Escape hybrids at that price.
I agree the extra asked for the hybrid seems way over, I'll see what the % difference is in the UK and if it's the same. Make's you think, go a little green and buy the hybrid or get the burger with the lot in the Vignale and save $3500....
Old 26-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #8
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
...anyone surprised no diesel, I'm not.
Nope. Wouldn't surprise me if development of smaller diesel cars is finished, given legislation in Europe is only going to get more stringent.
Old 26-02-2020, 08:15 PM   #9
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Nope. Wouldn't surprise me if development of smaller diesel cars is finished, given legislation in Europe is only going to get more stringent.
I forgot to add that diesel is available in Europe in two outputs iirc, however I'm not surprised that locally it's not being offered.
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2020, 09:41 PM   #10
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Highly unlikely they will use the Vignale special dealer service here. They will most likely just be sold just like any other Escape. The sales figures won't justify it like it does in Europe.

The reason why we didn't get the 2.5 HEV that's roughly $2,000 more is exactly because
Europe developed 1.5 & 2.0 diesels. We miss out because FoE is clinging to diesels like a
drowning man
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$5k price increase ! over previous model.
The UK still has the Titanium. Vignale is above Titanium.
Or are we getting the Titanium badged as the Vignale ?
https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-kuga...-specs/vignale

Last edited by csv8; 27-02-2020 at 01:56 PM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #12
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
$5k price increase ! over previous model.
The UK still has the Titanium. Vignale is above Titanium.
Or are we getting the Titanium badged as the Vignale ?
https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-kuga...-specs/vignale
No we're getting the Vignale model.

Vignale extras:
19-inch wheels
Headlights with dynamic bending
Proximity key fob
Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
Leather-accented seating
10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
10-way power-adjustable front passenger’s seat
Heated front seats
Heated rear outboard seating
Panoramic sunroof
Head-up display
Hands-free power tailgate
180-degree rear-view camera
‘Advanced’ automated park assist
Old 27-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #13
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vignale is not badly priced when you see what the UK pays for it. ($65k)
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2020, 08:10 PM   #14
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Vignale is not badly priced when you see what the UK pays for it. ($65k)
I agree.

Is it just me or is there a slight change in the way Ford Oz is going about things lately. For example offering Vignale at a spec that easily matches the best of the opposition and is priced seemingly OK, the Ford CEO Kay Hart openly talking about a V8 Ranger without confirming anything however at least saying it has been discussed, the R-spec Mustang, conversations about F-150...or am I being "half glass full"?
Old 28-02-2020, 11:19 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like a nice car. I would prefer to buy the Ford offerings over Mazda and the rest any day if I were in the market.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2020, 05:06 PM   #16
conr

I am surprised they are not bringing the non plug in hybrid to Australia to compete more directly against the Rav 4.
conr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post