Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-02-2020, 07:14 PM   #1
Aradial
Starter Motor

Default Bluetooth out of sync

Hi,

I looked around but haven't found anyone posting about this issue.

I just took delivery of a 2018 Mondeo. My daughter likes to watch netflix/youtube in the car and we pair it though the bluetooth so she can listen via the car.

When she watches a video it is out of sync with the audio lagging behind the video. The longer it goes for, the more out of sync it goes. She uses a Pixel 3A, and I have tried it on my Samsung S8 and it does the same thing. She tried on an ipad but sync said it wasn't a compatible device (why cant it just connect via bluetooth??).

Anyone have experience with this? We never had an issue in my Territory.

EDIT: Just checked with the eifts iphone SE, it also happens but the dift occurs at a slower rate. Hopefully someone has a way to resolve it.

Last edited by Aradial; 08-02-2020 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added info
Aradial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2020, 11:05 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Bluetooth out of sync

I have a feeling the lag is from the transmission over btooth. That and or the quality of the system/BT receiver in the head unit, perhaps check for updates for sync3 or try another phone that's said to be to tested and compatible. Could it be that the res. and bitrate of the YouTube vid is too much for the head unit to handle.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #3
asteele-xr6

I don't think you will find a way to solve this, the designers at Ford didn't think you would want to play audio from a video - so no consideration will have been given to the delay that processing a BT stream and creating audio from it would create.
asteele-xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
manchu

I have similar audio/vid sync issue with my MC mondeo and agree with others that there's probably not much that can be done about it.

plugging into the aux input (if there is one) might give better results.
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #5
bundybear75

I have the same issue in my Landcruiser and the wifes RAV. Best thing to do is turn the BT off and use the device speaker.
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2020, 04:43 PM   #6
Aradial
Starter Motor

Thanks for all the replies.

Guess its just the way it is

On a side note, Syn3 in my car says its version 3.0. On googling it looks like sync3 software is at 3.4 for the release version. I downloaded the update software from Ford yesterday and installed it today, only to find its still 3.0

Is the Mondeo version still supposed to be at 3.0? Does anyone have a later version then mine?
Aradial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #7
.:4:.
Kicking back

My old ranger was the same, my 2019 triton is the same. The only practical remidy is if the car has a 3.5mm audio jack auxilary and you use that, well, that worked in the ranger. Havent tried the mitsubishi.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post