Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dealership Crashes Customers SC Mustang.

"Picture this. You’ve just bought a brand-new Ford Mustang GT with a naturally aspirated V8, but you think the 339kW/556Nm outputs aren’t quite enough.

"So you take the ’Stang to your local Ford dealership in the US for the fitment of a factory Ford Performance Roush supercharger kit – and never drive it again.

This is what happened to Mustang owner, Mark Grage, who purchased his car from Loveland Ford in Colorado. The iconic pony car had just 266 miles (428km) on the clock.

According to The Drive, Grage’s freshly supercharged Mustang V8 was crashed by a dealership employee while performing a routine test drive once the modifications were made.

Harry Johnston, the general manager of the Ford dealership, told the US publication that all vehicles fitted with a supercharger kit require a test drive to iron out any issues after installation. The full-time technician in question reportedly lost control and crashed.

Johnston went on to say that the technician in question no longer works for the dealership and was cited for careless driving by police.

After a viral Facebook post and a battle to sort out insurances, Grage wasn’t left out of pocket or without a Mustang in his driveway.

“We made the customer whole, paid his loan, and all incidental expenses that would have had anything to do with that car and the fact that it was wrecked.

“He actually walked out of the store with plus money as opposed to what he [had invested in] the car, and he bought another new car from us,” Johnston said" https://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/n...ob-fb-enau-307
Old 19-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 
Default Re: Dealership Crashes Customers SC Mustang.

they messed up and they fixed it!
I saw his original post on FB, he was totally taken care of and ended up in a better position and he still whinged about it.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

At least the dealer did right by him .... and he bought from the same dealer at least as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Hat trick.

Gets his car, gets a bunt, and still gets in a whinge.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #5
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He may have come out on top but he still has reason to be ****ed off
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The Honda dealership I started out at, one of the apprentices stacked someone's new Honda S2000 hooning about in it.

Turns out they had him working solo on the weekend which they shouldn't have been doing unsupervised so it was kept under cover with the customer looked after.

The same bloke also took a F20C engine from the warranty room and resold it to someone, when it finally went in the car they couldn't register it because of the engine number.

You pay peanuts it seems you get dodgy monkeys
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #7
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recall when I was a young panelbeater. We had just finished a bare metal, ground up restoration of a HQ Monaro that took about a month. I was following one of my co-workers in the shop ute as we were delivering it to its expectant owner.
He t-boned a car at an intersection and wrote both of them off.
Funny enough, we had a wreckers as well, so every time that employee walked out the back of the shed, there it was! And every time we saw it, it reminded us to give him a hard time about it
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #8
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
"Picture this. You’ve just bought a brand-new Ford Mustang GT with a naturally aspirated V8, but you think the 339kW/556Nm outputs aren’t quite enough.

"So you take the ’Stang to your local Ford dealership in the US for the fitment of a factory Ford Performance Roush supercharger kit – and never drive it again.

This is what happened to Mustang owner, Mark Grage, who purchased his car from Loveland Ford in Colorado. The iconic pony car had just 266 miles (428km) on the clock.

According to The Drive, Grage’s freshly supercharged Mustang V8 was crashed by a dealership employee while performing a routine test drive once the modifications were made.

Harry Johnston, the general manager of the Ford dealership, told the US publication that all vehicles fitted with a supercharger kit require a test drive to iron out any issues after installation. The full-time technician in question reportedly lost control and crashed.

Johnston went on to say that the technician in question no longer works for the dealership and was cited for careless driving by police.

After a viral Facebook post and a battle to sort out insurances, Grage wasn’t left out of pocket or without a Mustang in his driveway.

“We made the customer whole, paid his loan, and all incidental expenses that would have had anything to do with that car and the fact that it was wrecked.

“He actually walked out of the store with plus money as opposed to what he [had invested in] the car, and he bought another new car from us,” Johnston said" https://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/n...ob-fb-enau-307

At least he wasn't told "they all do that".
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

What was he testing, the airbags?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #10
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The same thing happens in Porsche and other dealerships as well; and is probably more widespread than what is reported.

Customer was lucky to get a new vehicle, as sometimes the vehicles just get repaired or patched up.
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #11
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Knew someone who got Tboned in a brand new Xr6t ute a day before it was meant to be picked up.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #12
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

You pay peanuts it seems you get dodgy monkeys
Pay $$$ and you get politicians...
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #13
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
What was he testing, the airbags?
Back in the late’60s and early 70s, my father was foreman road tester at Metro Ford in Brisbane. They used to get the odd GT and GTHO in for service, he told me the test drives were exciting when they’d give it a bit of welly in 2nd & 3rd,
ran much better after a good blast.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #14
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
Pay $$$ and you get politicians...
Though compare our treasurer to the CEO/CFO of a big four bank and the treasurer is still getting peanuts (and resulting monkey).

Just exponentially more peanuts

I'm a big believer in that the talent goes where the money is, someone who is truly skilled in their craft will float towards the industry which pays best.

Plenty of engineers and other maths based professions are working in the finance industry.

Politicians get nowhere near as much as private industry employees of the equivalent standing - what's a premier of a state get compared to a CEO of a large private company?

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 20-02-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #15
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The crashed Mustang,

Last edited by csv8; 12-05-2020 at 04:59 PM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2020, 03:03 PM   #16
Electrolyte Burns

Took my XB wagon in for rego check, many many years ago now and asked them to a bit of rust work on the LH sill. The idiots burnt through the fuel line that runs down that side. They did get it out quickly and embarrassingly passed the car.
They had a few falcons in the yard from that era and told me to take anything I wanted off them. One thing I did need after the fire were bonnet springs as the fire took all the spring out of them. Also got good shockies, wheels and tyres, plus loads of other stuff.
Electrolyte Burns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2020, 05:25 PM   #17
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

Plenty of engineers and other maths based professions are working in the finance industry.

Politicians get nowhere near as much as private industry employees of the equivalent standing - what's a premier of a state get compared to a CEO of a large private company?
When I was working I usually ended up in the low paid end of engineering. I went for the interesting jobs not the $$$ jobs.

I suggest you need to take a step back about politicians though. You first need to ask what sort of person do I want occupying my seat ? Our parliamentary system is specifically designed so politicians don't have to be experts in anything. Their role is NOT to be the expert managers but rather a true representative of the aspirations and attitudes of the electorate. That they aren't is a failure of the electorate to hire people like us.It's often said there is no one good to vote for,and I think the wage scale is partly to blame for that. You get a bunch of lawyers and others drawn to money power and prestige rather than across section of the population, and of course career politicians.

I always counter the argument that when I was born in 1965 the PM was on 1.5x the average salary. Politicians were a more diverse group than they are now and had done other things before public service. You are arguing our politicians are 4x better than the ones in the 60's as our PM now gets what ? 6x the average wage ?

I'd love someone to make that argument.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #18
John 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
The same thing happens in Porsche and other dealerships as well; and is probably more widespread than what is reported.

Customer was lucky to get a new vehicle, as sometimes the vehicles just get repaired or patched up.
Some years ago travelling along main link from Fremantle port towards industrial area, I was passed by a speeding Hilux van. Soon realised there was a race going on when a second brand new Hilux raced past. I watched these two vans tacking risky manoeuvres, changing lanes etc. I guess the first one to the Toyota store yard got a bonus.
John 13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #19
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
they messed up and they fixed it!
I saw his original post on FB, he was totally taken care of and ended up in a better position and he still whinged about it.
Yep completely.

Unlike my car experience with a smashed rear taillight in my R36 that "was already there sir".

Nearly jumped over the counter but thought best not to

Last edited by MercuryT; 21-02-2020 at 06:50 PM.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #20
Abzzilla
Starter Motor

I definitely would'nt be happy about that, what are they doing in the first place joy riding a customers car like that?
Abzzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post