Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
zabatron

Default Side part haircuts

Why are hairdressers so obsessed with side-part haircuts?

Old 18-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Default Re: Side part haircuts

They do what their paying customers request...

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Old 18-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
zabatron

I clearly told her from the start that I did not want a side part haircut as I dont like them..and while cutting my hair she asked me four times whether I was sure I did not want a side part haircut.I then politely asked her if she would like me to put it in writing for her.
Old 18-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess she was of the opinion that your hairstyle or the one you requested was lacking style and or taste and was adamant the new again side part style would be better...and you didn't take the hint!

Be thankful you have enough hair to have to pay to have it cut!
JP
Old 18-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a new Hairdresser.I get mine done by and old-school Italian Barber. He`s well into his 70`s and has been cutting hair since he was 12. It costs me $88.00 per year and he does it the same everytime. It takes under 10 minutes to get done, 30 seconds to wash, 10 seconds to dry and under a minute to style. Life`s short, just like my hair.
Old 18-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Get a new Hairdresser.I get mine done by and old-school Italian Barber.
Good luck finding one that doesn't leave you looking like an extra from Leave It To Beaver.
Old 18-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Good luck finding one that doesn't leave you looking like an extra from Leave It To Beaver.
I get mine done in Melbourne, not Cuba
Old 18-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
zabatron

My mistake..side part haircuts are so groovy,practical,stylish and so full of taste,and they work so wonderfully well with wavy,borderline curly hair like mine,and why would I not like having my hair pulled sideways and left half a mile long from one side of my head to the other(just like a comb over,except for the fact that I still have a full head of hair),making my hair drop down into my eyes and blow around with even the gentlest breeze..Oh I forgot,I have plenty of time to brush it back sideways every 2 minutes, and i can always use a large amount of product just to keep it in place.And maybe I could grow a small black moustache,then i can look just like Hitler.

Last edited by zabatron; 18-12-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 18-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Lol, mine's natural. From 90 or stitches putting my scalp back on after a prang when I was a young bloke, I don't have to worry whether I want one or not!

Ed
Old 18-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #10
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
I get mine done by and old-school Italian Barber. He`s well into his 70`s and has been cutting hair since he was 12. It costs me $88.00 per year and he does it the same everytime.
sounds similar to what goes on in my shearing shed.... Me i prefer a modern men's cut even at 52.
Old 18-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #11
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000 View Post
sounds similar to what goes on in my shearing shed....
LOL. Yeah, I left myself open for that one.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #12
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Next we'll be talking about back waxes and pedicures.
Old 18-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #13
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Been getting th' same side part Haircut for 60 years. If they can't get it right, I sack 'em.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Closed Thread