Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Which commission deals with telemarketers?

Hey guys, just a quick query. I am trying to find out who I ring regarding complaints about telemarketing?

Basically yesterday I called aus post about a parcel. Today I get a call asking me to take a survey about customer service. Now at no stage was I told my number would be recorded and used for telemarketing purposes and in now way would I have given them permission to do so. I take great care in whom I give my mobile number to, so to find out aus post recorded it on their database without my consent is a worry.

Any advice would be great.

Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Which commission deals with telemarketers?

You can contact the ACMA - Do not call register and lodge a complaint.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

Some companies are exempt from this regulation though.

Was it Australia Post that called you back regarding their customer service? I think that unless you stated you do not want your number recorded or used in anyway by anybody, you won't stand much of a chance complaining. Customer service call backs can be justified by Aus Post as trying to improve their service. Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Sorry I can not be of more assitance, however since we registered, we don't get anymore unsolicited calls.

Cheers
Col
Old 20-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
You can contact the ACMA - Do not call register and lodge a complaint.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

Some companies are exempt from this regulation though.

Was it Australia Post that called you back regarding their customer service? I think that unless you stated you do not want your number recorded or used in anyway by anybody, you won't stand much of a chance complaining. Customer service call backs can be justified by Aus Post as trying to improve their service. Just my thoughts on it anyway.

Sorry I can not be of more assitance, however since we registered, we don't get anymore unsolicited calls.

Cheers
Col
That would be acceptable if you were advised before the operator answered that your number would be recorded and if you wish not to participate to let the consultant know.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
That would be acceptable if you were advised before the operator answered that your number would be recorded and if you wish not to participate to let the consultant know.
They have to legally advise that your call may be recorded...I don't see why it would be any different, particularly with a telephone number...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

TIO???

Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
TIO???

Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
That's if you have problems with your phone or internet provider. I'd start with the ACMA as well.