Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
dannyxm
was danny888

Default Yet another animal cruelty thread

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...s-tail-cut-off

A puppy has been found with its ears and tail cut off with scissors after it was abandoned in a Victorian schoolyard.

Buckley, an eight-week-old border collie-cross-staffordshire bull terrier, was discovered by a passing ambulance on July 11 before being rushed to a veterinarian, Nine News reports.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=838533

A US teenager hissed at and taunted animal activists as she left court after being found guilty of roasting her lesbian lover's pet kitten in a 260C oven.

:

Old 17-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Disgusting..

Old 17-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

makes me sick.. :(
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 17-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

I don't even want to go and read the links. It's enough to know that these things are happening to make me sick.
Old 17-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How can people even contemplate doing these sorts of things? I am a pet owner and have a mini Schnauzer dog. Why would I want to harm him, or any other animal for that reason? They are lovable animals that show great loyalty to people, yet others want to harm them? Why? It's just incomprehensible to me.
Old 17-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
ch33z1l
Dawn

I think the girl in the last story got off way too easy. There needs to be a forceful deterrent.
Old 17-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

On Facebook, I am a member of this group:-

http://www.peanutslaw.com/index.html

Quote:
HARDENED police officers have been shocked by the horrifying torture, mutilation and brutal slaying of a seven-month-old fox terrier pup "PEANUT" (shown in the profile photo) at Moranbah.

Jonathon (Jon) Connor Blake, 20, and Trent William Cunniffe 24, (the accused) did not apply for bail.

Police have obtained video footage from a mobile phone that shows graphic images of the puppy yelping and howling in terrible pain as it is hacked to pieces.

Animal rights experts have described the case as one of the worst and most horrific in Australian history. Police allege that a pair of garden shears and a pocket knife were used to torture and kill the little puppy.

Moranbah police said the dog was a family pet and the owners were too distressed and upset to talk to anyone about it.

The pup's nose was cut off, its front right leg and rear left leg were cut off and it was decapitated. His stomach was cut open from neck to tail.

Police will say the dog was stolen from a residence in Railway Parade in Moranbah and was taken to a lookout in the town. Congealed blood and dog hairs were found on picnic tables at the lookout.

A three-part video series on a mobile phone shows the dog being tortured. The final stages of the video show the dog's mutilated body parts. The dog's body was found about 3.50am on Monday near the town's campdraft ground. It was dumped beside a road.

Police were attending a car accident when they discovered the dog's body. After seizing the mobile phone, police recovered a set of garden shears which had dog hair and blood on them. Police also took possession of the clothes worn by two men in the car, for scientific testing.

"Senior police officers were visibly shaken after viewing the footage. Police and the RSPCA say that if the allegations are true this could well be the worst case of animal cruelty ever brought before the courts in Australia," RSPCA's Queensland Chief Inspector Michael Pecic said.

"This is very, very disturbing," Mr Pecic said.
"For legal reasons this is really all I can say at the moment. But when you talk to senior police officers who have seen a lot of carnage in their time and they say it shocked even them, then you begin to get the picture."
Footage from the attack has been suppressed by police until the outcome of the court case.

The maximum penalty under the Animal Care and Protection Act for such an offence is $75,000 or two years in jail; however, the maximum penalty ever handed out has been a four-month jail term.

Both men were charged in the Mackay Magistrate's Court with stealing a dog, wilfully and unlawfully killing it, wilfully damaging a gate, and unlawful possession of marijuana, all at Moranbah on Monday.

I have been told by another concerned animal lover this little dog tried to escape on the bloodied stumps away from these people who slaughtered it in the end.

THESE SADISTIC LOSERS ARE TRYING TO PLEAD MENTAL ILLNESS TO REDUCE THE SENTENCE!
One the monsters, Trent Cunniffe has just been admitted to the Mackay Base Hospital's mental health unit, the Magistrate's Court was told yesterday." Daily Mercury .

The initial court case has gone ahead with a great turn out of around 150 people and very positive support from the community. Cars drove by the court sounding their horns, cheering for the demonstrators and thanking them.
Channel 7 and ABC were there (hopefully we will see some coverage on the news tonight) and the police were a wonderful help closing off the footpath for the rally.

Unfortunately the court case has been re-scheduled for the 15th December 2008... keep signing the petition and try to get to Mackay for the next rally on Monday 15th.

A massive thank you to all the caring people who travelled from afar, to take a stand for Peanut outside the court. The rally was peaceful and everyone sends their sincere appreciation for all the dedicated animal lovers who supported our cause.

The town is buzzing and the court/magistrate saw the concern and outrage by our protesters today. Todays contribution will go along way in getting the maximum penalty for these two monsters!

The second court case went ahead on the 15th of December and has again been adjorned.

Around 20 people rallied outside the court and the public support from people travelling by the court was overwhelming. ABC, Channel 7 and The Daily Mercury covered the story.

New dates; Blake being heard on 30th January 2009 Cunniffe being heard around 16th February 2009.

Currently neither of them have entered pleas, no reading of statement of facts and still very early in the process! Please keep up your support.

30TH JANUARY 2009 - UPDATE
Great news! It looks like the case is going ahead and will be heard at Mckay District Court shortly. The police have added a more serious charge which should result in further punishment for these men! Finally the men will have their day at court and Peanut will get the justice he deserves.

CASE BEING HEARD AT THE DISTRICT COURT.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC PROSECUTORS ARE DEALING WITH THE CASE AND OUR PETITION HAS BEEN SENT!

COURT EXPECTED THE WEEK STARTING
22ND JUNE 2009.

YET AGAIN THE COURT CASE HAS BEEN ADJORNED, WE BELIEVE THE HEARING WILL OCCUR IN SEPTEMBER.

PLEASE KEEP RAISING AWARNESS OF THIS CASE!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 17-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Is anyone up for forming a vigilante group to punish these people?
Old 17-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now I know why we need the flesh eating robots.... (from the other thread)

Our justice system needs a major revamp to hit people like this hard

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Old 17-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
dannyxm
was danny888

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ffers-flood-in

A Melbourne animal shelter says it has been inundated with offers to adopt a puppy that had its ears and tail cut off with scissors.
Old 17-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

death is too good for these losers. name and shame.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 17-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
Teflon Turbo
Banned

my misus volunteers at the rspca and has come across some stuff but she was balling her eyeballs when sure that on the news last night
Old 17-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
Trek
Blue blooded

Shouldn't have read it but did anyway. Hurts too much to think about those poor animals. Gotta ask "WHY?!"

They still deserve the same or equivalent punishment for what these scumbags/lowlives have done. I'm all for creating laws/a group which would stop this madness. Time to cull the herd, I'd say, starting with these 'people'.
Old 17-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

People must be very damaged indeed to be doing that sort of stuff. Poor little pup.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 17-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
XR8GRL