Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 02:43 PM   #301
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
"But then we will be supporting the other arc of autocracy......."

Exactly. When are we going to stop iron ore exports to the other arc?
Don't think we need to worry about that one for too long. They'll stop buying from us before we stop selling to them. Quite a few mines coming on board fairly soon. Interestingly, I heard somewhere that Ukraine has a very large Iron Ore reserves, something like 5th largest? I thought I heard ABC say they may even be 3rd largest in the "proven" category? Its been a while since I have looked at the resource sector, but I think confidence levels of deposits go from inferred, to indicated, to probable, to proven. But note, deposit / reserves doesn't equate to production, for the moment.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:57 PM   #302
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

‘Breaking news’!! Philip Morris has announced that it will be pulling out of Russia, saving millions of Russians lives.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:07 PM   #303
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From an article on Ukraine by Israeli writer, Ilan Pappe:

"The [Western media] analysis [of the Russian invasion] also fails to highlight some of Putin’s valid points about the Ukraine; which by no means justify the invasion, but need our attention even during the invasion. Up to the present crisis, the progressive Western media outlets, such as The Nation, the Guardian, the Washington Post etc., warned us about the growing power of neo-Nazi groups in the Ukraine that could impact the future of Europe and beyond. The same outlets today dismiss the significance of neo-Nazism in the Ukraine."

I doubt that Pappe would be reading the Australian media, but last week in The Age (Melbourne) regular columnist Julie Szego did the same thing. She mentions the WW2 Nazi massacre of 33,000 people at Babi Yar, near Kyiv.

Then she says: "We should be able to acknowledge this truth while calling out Putin's lies about the need for 'de-Nazification' of a nation that's nowadays so de-Nazified it's led by a Jew."

The next day this letter appeared in The Age:

"Julie Szego (Comment, 2/3) reminds us that one of the worst massacres of the Holocaust took place in Ukraine. Over a two-day period, at Babi Yar near Kyiv, the Nazis massacred close to 34,000 people, with the help of local collaborators. The SS was apparently most successful in recruiting collaborators in the city of Lviv, then a part of Poland, now a city in Ukraine.

Ms Szego infers that Ukraine clearly doesn’t face a Nazism problem today because it is led by a Jew. Yet, the BBC, among others, has brought attention to extreme-right and neo-Nazi groups in Ukraine that are armed and have political influence. Not just Europeans, but Australians have reason to be concerned by this.

The Australian terrorist who murdered 51 people in Christchurch was reportedly inspired by the Ukrainian neo-Nazi group, the Azov Battalion, now integrated with the Ukraine military and fighting with them against the Russian speaking people of eastern Ukraine. Denying the existence and power of neo-Nazi armed groups in Ukraine is not in anyone’s interest."
Old 10-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #304
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Azov is 900 people. Even if they are neo-nazi (and its not entirely clear the majority are), is Putin that scared of 900 people he has to go to war?

Sorry, but it doesnt pass the sniff test. And anyone using it to try and play devil's advocate on behalf of Russia is a fool.
6 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #305
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

There’s risk in falling prey to politics of wilful division sown within a beset nation.

Didn’t Russian attacks recently damage a memorial to events at Babi Yar? How many died in the Stalinist-overseen famine prior? Have the militaristic right-wingers of Ukraine (I will not use “that” other word to describe them) bombed any maternity wards?

Differences between the people of Ukraine are surely best resolved within the bounds of an independent nation (theirs) than determined by those who would rule them as a virtual serfdom. This war is aspiring to reduce established, informed populations to desperate, compliant peasantry riven by internal disputes.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:50 PM   #306
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
But then we will be supporting the other arc of autocracy.......
I have lived long enough to see first hand a dictator by her proxy, sack a democratically elected leader in Australia.

That dictator and her family were never voted in, can't be voted out, and live a lavish lifestyle at the expense of the people and have done so for hundreds of years.The family has also invaded countries,plundered resources and been complicit in the slave trade.
Most recently a family paedophile got off scott free.

Putin is a pussy by comparison.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
This user likes this post:
Old 10-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #307
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Azov is 900 people. Even if they are neo-nazi (and its not entirely clear the majority are), is Putin that scared of 900 people he has to go to war?

Sorry, but it doesnt pass the sniff test. And anyone using it to try and play devil's advocate on behalf of Russia is a fool.
Agree, the “Piggy faced” dictator is on a mission to recreate the Soviet Union.

“Piggy Face” is upset that all of these Democratic countries want nothing to do with Russia. I wonder why ?

Maybe because his crazy “manifest” is the work of a maniac?
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2022, 09:22 PM   #308
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I have lived long enough to see first hand a dictator by her proxy, sack a democratically elected leader in Australia.

That dictator and her family were never voted in, can't be voted out, and live a lavish lifestyle at the expense of the people and have done so for hundreds of years.The family has also invaded countries,plundered resources and been complicit in the slave trade.

She is only a figure head nothing more, the UK government rules so no comparison with Rusky Putin.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2022, 09:25 PM   #309
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

BTW: Wackos are on ignore. Enjoy.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:40 PM   #310
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

An innocent man pays-out 10 million $.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:21 AM   #311
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:

and they have invaded countries recently?

BTW, I am fierce republican, but the truth needs to be told
Old 11-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #312
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
BTW: Wackos are on ignore. Enjoy.

3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #313
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
An innocent man pays-out 10 million $.
Lots of rich people settle out of court. That's the victim's choice. If you wanted him to see trial, you should ask that question of his victim.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #314
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Now we've all had fun following Zilo down the wrong path can we get back on topic now?
Old 11-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #315
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #316
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

US, UK fear Russia may use chemical weapons in Ukraine

Quote:
The US and UK governments are voicing concerns Russia may deploy biological and chemical weapons during its assault on Ukraine, warning Moscow may deploy "false flag" tactics to justify such attacks.

The US slammed Russia and China for spreading "conspiracy theories" that the US was operating biological and chemical weapons labs near the Ukraine-Russia border.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki called the claims "preposterous" and said it was "the kind of disinformation operation we've seen repeatedly from the Russians … and an example of the types of false pretexts we have been warning the Russians would invent".
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-...ions/100901114
Old 11-03-2022, 03:28 PM   #317
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post

I think the point was, mainstream news laughing at the idea there are any neo nazis in Ukraine, after literally being the ones that documented them.

Fool or otherwise, we obliterated countries trying to hunt far fewer.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 11-03-2022, 07:37 PM   #318
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Who gets to be heads?
Old 11-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #319
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"US, UK fear Russia may use chemical weapons in Ukraine"

In Syria, the US 'knew' that Syria was going to use chemical weapons before the Syrians even knew.

One of the justifications for the invasion of Iraq was Saddam's "mobile chemical weapons factories".

All lies.

Who is the only country to use nuclear weapons?
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2022, 08:57 PM   #320
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Russia considers nationalizing Western businesses that have closed over Ukraine invasion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...iness-ukraine/

Not sure if this will make up for the billions in seized assets. I reckon some of these sanctions and boycotts might eventually end up being an own goal.

Maccas, for example, are "temporarily" shutting, but they are continuing to pay staff in Ukraine and Russia, so presumably they are hoping to trade again fairly soon. But will they be allowed to? I'm guessing the maccas there are run and operated by locals, so they'll know the operating procedures. Can't see why they can't continue to operate it under a different name. Thank you for donating the real estate though.

Also hearing that governments who have seized the multi million dollar yachts, planes etc are obliged to pay for storage....or at least the tax payers will have to.

Rides (past and present)

Old 11-03-2022, 09:01 PM   #321
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BioLabs.

Last week it was a conspiracy theory.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:08 PM   #322
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Russia considers nationalizing Western businesses that have closed over Ukraine invasion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...iness-ukraine/

Not sure if this will make up for the billions in seized assets. I reckon some of these sanctions and boycotts might eventually end up being an own goal.

Maccas, for example, are "temporarily" shutting, but they are continuing to pay staff in Ukraine and Russia, so presumably they are hoping to trade again fairly soon. But will they be allowed to? I'm guessing the maccas there are run and operated by locals, so they'll know the operating procedures. Can't see why they can't continue to operate it under a different name. Thank you for donating the real estate though.

Also hearing that governments who have seized the multi million dollar yachts, planes etc are obliged to pay for storage....or at least the tax payers will have to.

Seems that Maccas owns 84% of its Russian stores.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ddc_story.html
Old 11-03-2022, 09:28 PM   #323
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At this point Russia is in a no win position as far as I'm concerned. Even if they take Ukraine, they will have an insurgency. Even if they crush that, they have been sanctioned to **** by the rest of the world.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2022, 09:35 PM   #324
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
At this point Russia is in a no win position as far as I'm concerned. Even if they take Ukraine, they will have an insurgency. Even if they crush that, they have been sanctioned to **** by the rest of the world.

It’s going so badly for Putin now that it’s a matter of when, not if the Dumas power brokers decide its time for him to be gone...
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2022, 09:44 PM   #325
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
It’s going so badly for Putin now that it’s a matter of when, not if the Dumas power brokers decide its time for him to be gone...
The myth has been lifted on their conventional forces, they are weak as ****. I had a good laugh at Lavrov last night basically saying it is all fake news. I know where he learned that from

But he is a bear that is getting closer to a corner and that is bad.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:57 PM   #326
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Used to love making Revell models as a kid - latest is pretty cool

Old 11-03-2022, 10:07 PM   #327
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
“Piggy faces’” ground forces would be all sent to hell if there was a conventional war with NATO, those A10 Warthogs, Apache A64E’s, etc, would send those incompetent savages to their graves.

I would feel sorry for those young mens’ mothers, but not for them.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2022, 10:23 PM   #328
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They need to get creative with getting planes to Ukraine. Pull the MiGs apart and truck them over the border if that is possible. Only issue is if there is expertise to put them together again on the other side.

I do remember one Ukrainian politician saying while we try to figure this out then they will bomb the airfields before they can get the planes.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:30 PM   #329
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Remember that country (Russia) has a GDP about the size of Italy, and this year it’ll be lower than Australia,

The economic sanctions will crush “Piggy Faces’” economy, and once Europe finds other sources for Gas (hopefully we can help), then Russia will revert (economically) to the 19th century.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:36 PM   #330
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Remember that country (Russia) has a GDP about the size of Italy, and this year it’ll be lower than Australia,

The economic sanctions will crush “Piggy Faces’” economy, and once Europe finds other sources for Gas (hopefully we can help), then Russia will revert (economically) to the 19th century.
Australia was always going to overtake Russia, this has just made it happen quicker. 26m vs 144m. Working out well
Closed Thread