Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default 09/10 Summer of Cricket

west indies are first up for 3 tests, 5 ODI's and a couple of T20's. i'm never sure with this current west indies squad whether they come for a good time and just play some cricket while they are here or if they do actually give 100% to their cricket. i'm a big fan of gayle though.

this is the trend setter last time he was here

1st test aussies seem well on top. its tea on day 2 - aus 8/480dec. WI 41/0 after 6 overs.

given their form against qld in the tour game, i'm not sure australia will need to bat again but i'm hoping we do and that WI put up some sort of a contest.

now for some debate over the selections.
i'm still not convinced watson is the right man to have at the top of the order. p.hughes is still young so i'm not fussed that he's not there but what happened to p.jaques? the guy should be out there for mine. the rest of the line up is pretty straight forward although s.clark might have replaced hilfy in my line up. i'm also a big fan of binga and as soon as he's fit, i'd like to see him back in there.

troy cooley needs to work on johnsons action. seam position is critical for a fast bowler and i'm yet to see him throw one down with anything less than scrambled seam. he tends to fall over in his action a lot as well. his pace is good but his release could be a lot higher if he stood up more and he would be a lot more consistant if he got his wrist/release sorted. not that i'm an expert. just an armchair, keyboard weilding critic :

prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post