Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 04:55 AM   #1
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Default Err, fordforums rent-a-crowd?

was browsing the showroom on the hunt for some pics of members cars, when i had a look at the latest thread started by a member named 'LoudLS1' entitled 'Pics of what you drive'. Fair enough thinks i, so i click on the link to 'have a gander'. apart from bucknaked's au, a few things caught my attention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudLS1
It's an attempt to get some blood in OT flowing.
Quote:
Directions from on high command me to stir this place up a bit. I intend to
Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
i thaught all these changes where to make this place a bit more controlled and civilized.
Quote:
Controlled and civilised, yes, but not stagnant and boring. I figured this would be a good way to get some people posting in a thread that pertains to everyone.
this was followed by a post by ASTROdog (someone who registered in july 2003 but has only made 19 posts : ) whose username is in bold and custom user title is in white with a purple surround. i personally have never seen this person on the forums before but that may just be me. There have also been a fair few new members from the states appearing here and there on the forums, so im thinking that some form of US rent-a-crowd has been hired to help fill the void left by the australian members or something in an attempt to bring the forum back to the americans? perhaps im just speculating wildly here, but i find the whole thing smells a bit fishy and was wondering what other people make of it? i wouldnt be particularly perturbed either way and im not likely to collapse to my knees in a state of sorrow while clutching at my head and screaming 'whhyyyy?!!', im just curious

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

Old 08-01-2005, 10:54 AM   #2
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

well astro to to my belief is a friend of johns????

but anyways why worry bout that stuff over here????

we trying to put all that behind us and move forward, plus it aint our problem what he does with his site now, we havin too much fun over here to worry now or even get curious lol

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
Old 08-01-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think the "we left and not Johns doing his own thing" sort of thread has been done to death guys.
We have AFF now, the past is history, time to move forward.

Locked.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread