Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 10 Year Warranty for Kia, it Could Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
In my experience Kia's reliability isn't as good as Toyota.
The Cerato, Sportage and Carnivals we have at work all have had issues under 50k kms.

They are decent cars, but if I was going to keep a car for ten years I'd still take a Toyota with its lesser warranty.

Parts supply and prices are an issue too
I disagree, I'm in the auto parts business & Hyundai/Kia parts supply is superior to Toyota & their prices are also more competitive. I'm talking here about general service parts, filters, brakes, electrical etc.

Toyota parts have never been cheap & plentiful. H/K quality is now very good, a far cry for their earlier offerings.

I think Hyundai/Kia have taken a leaf out of Holden's book, they were kings of parts supply & prices for decades.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
I think Hyundai/Kia have taken a leaf out of Holden's book, they were kings of parts supply & prices for decades.
Dr Terry
Holden parts used to be available from the local café, (well, not really) but were never hard to find. That was when Holden were an Australian company, (well, not really, again) but were accepted as.
Kia is on the way to that. They are tuning their cars to Australian conditions and applying that knowledge to overseas markets.
Provided they don't start hitting their cars with the ugly stick, they could end up being #2 in Australia overall, as no company is going to catch Toyota.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #3
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Provided they don't start hitting their cars with the ugly stick, they could end up being #2 in Australia overall, as no company is going to catch Toyota.
They said the same about Holden in the 50s & 60s & probably the same about Ford during the 80s. During the late 50s GM-H had over 50% of the market. Never say never !!

I think if Hyundai/Kia add a dual cab ute & a Landcruiser style 4WD to the range, their combined sales should eclipse Toyota/lexus not too far down the track.

Dr Terry
Dr Terry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: