Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default KNOCKING!!!!!!! I need your help

Ok, well i took my car in today for its first service. Im getting a light switch and spare tyre screw under warranty.... but one issue about the knocking went unsolved. Apparently the suspension "isnt covered by warranty" (ON A 15000km CAR?! I almost killed the guy) Anyhow, they test drove my car, saw it was a loud knocking, and checked and tightened the suspension. Well.... The knock was still there, so they test drove another Fiesta the new department has a demo, and it too knocked.

SOLUTION: "they all do it so its just part of the car"

Now, i think i might take this up with Ford, because its a VERY irratating (sp?) sound! I went through the New car department (to see the new Focus in that matt blue.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) and in their carpark they have 4 speed humps.... i heard the knock about 6 times in the span of 20m!

So, i ask all the Fiesta owners out there.... if you can tell me that when you go over a speed hump, is there a knocking sound?!

Oh, another issue: Wipers make a loud whistle in about 140kmh force (i.e car is doing 100kmh and the wind is hitting the car at 40kmh)... has anyone else experienced this? They said they took my car on the highway and did not hear it.... but mind you they were probably doing 80kmh.....

:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post