Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
mike_oz_68
Starter Motor

Default dissy module for an au falcon

Does any one know if the module on the electronic dissy on an AU falcon can cause the engine to stop running on hot days, i have had the car to a few mechanics and no one can say for sure whats causing the engine to stop on hot days, it has been suggested that the module can be one reason but is as yet confirmed, it has also been suggested that the fuel pump could be the cause, any other suggestions would be good.

Problem, engine stops running when the outside temp reaches around 32 or greater the running temp on the gauge stays at around 1/4 the engine will not run again until the temp has come down on the gauge to almost cold, it will then fail again as soon as the 1/4 temp is reached, the funny thing is that 1/4 is the normal running temp no matter the temp outside

mike_oz_68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

All AU falcons run a PCM controlled multi coilpack. Not a Dozzy in sight.

I have heard of vapour lock though on hot days though ... and is apparently a fairly common issue ... some of the petrol guys will be able to help you (I only know LPG stuff when it comes to AUs).

Oh .... moving to the correct section as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
smally289
growing up is optional

Next time it happens pour water over the harmonic balancer. If it starts straight away then you need to replace the crank angle sensor, I have seen these pack up when hot before.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its very common in the VS variety of commodores apparently (the crank angle sensor that makes your car not work until you pour water over it to cool it down)