Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Best day ever at work!

As usual, I was at work doing the continuous replay at the Flemington Race Course, the day was dragging on, I'd been there since 7:30AM, its now race 10, last race of the day at the course, horses come into the mounting yard and the commentators interview one of the trainers and show footage of the horses walking around, I've got one of my DVD recorders that I use at work recording on its HDD as a backup, just in case one of my other 3 fail. SUDDENLY:

THE SPRINKLERS TURN THEMSELVES ON AT THE LAWNS AND IT SOAKS A POO-LOAD OF PEOPLE IN SUITS!

Many a phone destroyed, ruined suits and damaged egos. I had quite the laugh, very hard. Someone is going to find themselves out of a job and the VRC is going to have to replace lots of phones. I've got a DVD I made of the replay but I'm capped so i can't upload it for a while.

22,000 people at the course today, also a group 1 race, rather large meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Bwahahah. Kool. Just what you needed to top the day off hey !
Old 04-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia
Bwahahah. Kool. Just what you needed to top the day off hey !
It was exactly what I needed just to make my day oh so much better, then in the car on the way home, my boss tells me that he's trying to get us a pay rise from $17.50p/h to $24p/h, boring start but an AWESOME finish to the day.
Quote:

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't think anyone actually watched horse racing. Why they have it on TV on a Saturday.
But this sure is funny.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
It was exactly what I needed just to make my day oh so much better, then in the car on the way home, my boss tells me that he's trying to get us a pay rise from $17.50p/h to $24p/h, boring start but an AWESOME finish to the day.
Sweet, you witness that and then you hear there may be a payrise soon. Good day overall if i may say so.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Hehehehe that's quite funny.

On the topic of good days at work, I was getting paid to demonstrate oversteer on a skidpan all day!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

I see your :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
On the topic of good days at work, I was getting paid to demonstrate oversteer on a skidpan all day!
And raise you :
Bet ya haven't done it in a mining truck in mud. :P
Over 70 ton sideways!:eclipsee_ :eclipsee_

Now that's fun!
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Ive seen the big mining dump trucks go sideways to the bottom where they pick up there load..interesting to watch when a truck is coming back up while one is going down sideways

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #9
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i saw the mining truck drifting thing on tv a while ago.. some irish bloke came to aus to work in the mines and documented it... gee i'd love to do that

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
i saw the mining truck drifting thing on tv a while ago.. some irish bloke came to aus to work in the mines and documented it... gee i'd love to do that
Yeah that was on Foxtel. That was a good episode. They had to do that, as part of the training to get a license.

I did this in an old Terex (Euclid) with a GM (Detroit) 2 stroke Diesel and a manual gearbox.
Just like a XR6 ute, except it weighs a touch more and drifts for longer

Thats's what I like ;)
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #11
XW_GS
Paulie

90sFTW just a bit off the subject, do u know off a HDD unit that can record say a camera input, in real time dvd quality, as an avi or mpeg file? Then be able to interrogate the HDD to copy the file.

most security dvr's arent up to scratch (as in frame rate)and i dont want to use a pc either

playback must be of say a good camcorder quality

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #12
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGS351
90sFTW just a bit off the subject, do u know off a HDD unit that can record say a camera input, in real time dvd quality, as an avi or mpeg file? Then be able to interrogate the HDD to copy the file.

most security dvr's arent up to scratch (as in frame rate)and i dont want to use a pc either

playback must be of say a good camcorder quality
Camera input ey? They use BNC connectors don't they? I guess you could grab a DVD Recorder with a HDD (DVR), then use an BNC-RCA adaptor to go from the camera's output lead to the DVD's input RCA jacks and use the HDD to record it. Can the Camera itself output decent quality?

As for getting it to record real time, you would have to manually start a recording on the DVR, to go from certain times.

I've got a real decent Sony DVD Recorder at work with a 160GB HDD which is a bit small, on SD quality I think its good for around 60-70 hours of recording, Next time I'm at work i'll grab the model number which is in about 3 weeks time though if you can wait that long.
Quote:

Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
XW_GS
Paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
I've got a real decent Sony DVD Recorder at work with a 160GB HDD which is a bit small, on SD quality I think its good for around 60-70 hours of recording, Next time I'm at work i'll grab the model number which is in about 3 weeks time though if you can wait that long.
Thanks for the reply,

Getting the cam input isnt the prob, the main issue i have is to get the file out of the hard drive as and MPEG or AVI file

Can the Sony do this, if so yes i do need the model number!!!

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post