Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
xr8cam

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

At 8am I rang a local plumber the other day by the name of Alan Oxford Plumbing Castle Hill in Sydney. One of the plumbers answered the phone on the 3rd ring, and listened whilst I described the situation and told him what I had done so far. He then suggested a plan & said between 10am & 2pm that day. At 9:50am, 'Chad' introduced himself with a firm handshake, took of his boots and closed the door after he came in (two dogs). He already had notes from what I had told the bloke earlier and within 20 minutes had fixed the problem. There was no call out fee, I was charged for half an hour's work which was $45 and he explained everything he'd done and also gave me the lowdown on those instant hot water units. This plumber was the most aware switched on youngster I have met for a long time. I rang his boss and told him to keep him as long as possible 'cause he had such a great attitude and cared about his work. Very rare, especially these days.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
xr8cam

Tim at Repco Blacktown. I felt like I was in a time warp back to the 80's when customer service was a job title and each store had staff who knew the stock and its purpose & price. If Mr Repco is reading, promote this young bloke. He is a rarity these days. I rang with a stock inquiry to which he suggested a much cheaper option after firstly establishing I could do it myself so it would be cost effective. No, it didn't give Repco the biggest sale, but I will be back again.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Anyone had any service issues with Wignalls Ford in Mornington?
Old 31-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
.:4:.
Kicking back

Back in 2011, a few months out of warrenty, I snapped the tailshaft in my bog stock 08 ghia. I got it towed home and spent a few days checking out my options. I bit the bullet and got it towed to thompson ford in parramatta. A week later I went to pick it up and whilst speaking to the guy on the desk the sevice manager walks out hands me my keys and the docket then walks me outside. The docket said parts and labour $1800, balance due $0. All he said to me was "these things don't happen to a car like that" then walked back inside. The warrenty was expired and it wasn't like I could drive the car to the next place to get it fixed. I was expecting to get completely ripped off.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Back in 2011, a few months out of warrenty, I snapped the tailshaft in my bog stock 08 ghia. I got it towed home and spent a few days checking out my options. I bit the bullet and got it towed to thompson ford in parramatta. A week later I went to pick it up and whilst speaking to the guy on the desk the sevice manager walks out hands me my keys and the docket then walks me outside. The docket said parts and labour $1800, balance due $0. All he said to me was "these things don't happen to a car like that" then walked back inside. The warrenty was expired and it wasn't like I could drive the car to the next place to get it fixed. I was expecting to get completely ripped off.
They are possibly the best Dealer for aftersales service in Sydney.
Mont5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #6
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Brakes and More in Langwarrin.
Wayne was very helpful in providing recommendations for replacement rotors and pads for the XR5 based on my usage of the car. Priced at a fraction of the price of OEMs (1/3) and even opened the shop on Saturday for me to come and pick them up.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #7
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aust Transmission Center in Parramatta. My trans dropped its guts so I rang three people close to home. ATC were the most accommodating with price & turnaround time. I got my car back and a few weeks later the engine mounts went. I replaced those, along with the transmission mount. After that, the car developed a vibration whilst stationary in drive, but not in neutral. I went back to ATC, keep in mind this is now 6-8 weeks after the changeover and explained the noise. They took the car back, put another tranny in and checked over all the other potential trouble spots. This took them over half a day to do a job they charge $1200 for. When they rang me to say the car is ready, the owner said ''no charge mate, if you're happy, I am happy'' I nearly fell over with shock as I honestly can't remember the last time I had something done for nothing. I went straight over to the pub across the road and bought the staff a 30 can block of VB and since then, I have taken two other cars in for service, along with a carton of cans each time. The way I see it, I get peace of mind knowing my cars get the extra mile and they get the extra business plus a few cold ones! Each time I go in, there is always a customers pride n joy, 66 427 Corvette, 32 Ford roadster, plus the usual performance euro's & tuners etc. These guys are not only great mechanics but enthusiasts too. Joe is one of the guys I deal with and his Ford knowledge alone is amazing. He spent over 30 mins helping me and explaining how things work, what is a waste of time and what works when it comes to building auto & manual 'boxes.

Last edited by au350hp; 05-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

HCW Automotive in Box Hill. Con and his team are a great bunch and know their stuff, simply don't try and bullsh*t their customers.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #9
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

D&J Ford Lithgow NSW. I dealt with a staff member named Linda and found her to be attentive, knew her role and organised the order, payment & dispatch with no fuss. It should not be difficult to ring a place of business, request information about a product, its suitability, availability and price. However, most times these days, you need to research the product/service yourself, and then try your luck by phone or in person. In this case, the staff member Linda used her initiative and followed the enquiry through from the start to dispatch. I sent management an email about her, outlaying pretty much what I have told you. A good turn returned.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #10
PaulXR50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cook’s tyres at Sumner Park - Brisbane. Really knows his stuff, is a 1 man business. No bs, good price and does best alignments.

Had new set of Michy ps4s tyres on the other week along with alignment car is better than new.
PaulXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:47 PM   #11
klyson

I'd recommend Penrith Sinclair Ford Service, had few issues nothing major, they got right onto it no problem all fixed
klyson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #12
carnutz
Starter Motor

Any good recommednations for panel beaters in Melb?

Heard some positive reviews for Brighton Panel Works from mates.. Tho we're a bit strapped for cash so a comparison would be good to start off with. Let me know! Thanks heaps

Cheers
carnutz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2018, 05:47 PM   #13
CairnsXCGXL

Second time I have used our fantastic member @vdo, this time to rebuild my 40 year old XC Fuel Sender. It is now so much better than factory and vdo's attention to detail and improvement on factory known problems is great. If you need work related to calibration or repairs, give vdo a hoy. Highly Recommended.
CairnsXCGXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #14
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wanted to thank GTL for not only sourcing 'no longer in production' parts, but also safely delivering them to my home. Thanks again GTL, a true gentlemen.
Old 22-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #15
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Wanted to thank GTL for not only sourcing 'no longer in production' parts, but also safely delivering them to my home. Thanks again GTL, a true gentlemen.
Thanks Roostercam,

Glad to have been able to help!!

No need for the accolades though
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2022, 06:27 AM   #16
marrkuss
Starter Motor

Thanks for Shannon's contact, my friend from Brisbane currently looking for someone there. He actually has a BMW)

Old 13-09-2022, 10:26 AM   #17
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Athol Park Wreckers (South Australia), 23 hours between phone order and delivery in Sydney.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2023, 09:44 PM   #18
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shout out to Shane at Dominelli's at Kirrawee in Sydney. Just had parts replaced, well out of warranty based on his advice, to claim of Ford HO. Has never batted an eyelid (other than in admiration) of the engine mods and tune. He's happy to talk to all enthusiasts regards dealer work.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2023, 12:42 PM   #19
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

So huge shoutout to Mike Blewitt Ford in Coffs Harbour. Yesterday my sister bought a 2021 Ford Escape ST-Line ZH Auto AWD. They flew her to Coffs from Canberra to pick it. She drove it back home to Canberra. Once she got it home she decided to do some spirited driving and quickly realised it was a FWD. She rang me immediately as she always does for car things. I told her to call them tomorrow and tell them that she wants a refund. If they are difficult, which I fully expected them to be, I would sort it out for her.

She called them this morning and they got her to send a few pics to confirm. The general manager then called her personally and told her they will give her a full refund. 30 minutes later they had refunded her, plus an extra $800 for her lost time and organised a company to pick up the car.

Excellent customer service that is so rare these days. I’ve been burnt by dealers a few times and this is the first good story I’ve ever had to tell about a Ford dealer. I was honestly expecting them to try and get her to keep the car or make the whole process difficult. So credit where it’s due.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:50 PM   #20
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Would have been outstanding if they had have given her the right car in the first place,just wow....
Thats terrible.
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2023, 04:07 PM   #21
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
Would have been outstanding if they had have given her the right car in the first place,just wow....
Thats terrible.
Large dealership with people that have no idea about cars and are just business people. I can totally see how it happened. Whilst it's not ideal, at least the after purchase care was second to none.
Old 29-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #22
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2003
Get to see good old fashion service is still at play.

I had had a SIMULAR experience myself.

Just had my Cat back exhaust, tail shaft rebalanced and after market 83 deg thermo put by ****** .
I still think your name is Dean and this is MORE spam!

Last edited by Auslandau; 29-09-2010 at 06:44 PM.
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #23
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone on the NSW Central Coast looking for a good suspension guy speak to Peter at Road 2 Race, West Gosford.

Clean, tidy workshop.
Knows his stuff.
does road and race cars.
Well priced
Doesn't rush a job
Good, honest bloke.

10 out of 10.

Road 2 Race Chassis Tuning
Unit 6/15 Stockyard Place, WEST GOSFORD NSW 2250
Ph : (02) 4322 7804
Email: info@road2race.com.au
www.road2race.com.au
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:44 AM   #24
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Pit Lane Automotive Services in Frankston

Went to Mick and Bel's after my car had problems from a previous repair. What a surprise, Mick and his crews attention to detail is the best bar none and their workshop is very clean.

Not only did they resolve the problem but Mick constantly informed me of where they are with the repair and what they are diagnosing and where to go next. I was kept in the loop which is exactly what a car enthusiast wants when the car means so much to a person. Once the car was fixed (timing was set wrong previously) they let me test drive the car to ensure I was 100% happy.
Those that know me well, will know that I am very fussy with originality, cleanliness and factory perfect. I was very impressed that the engine was worked on with the care of surgical precision. Not a bolt, clip was in the wrong place and crucially no leaks or chips from the painted engine. Another added bonus, Mick also changed the plug seals (diagnosed that some were a little leaky) now my car does not use any oil.

My XR8 came out repaired, compression verified the car felt in the words of Dick Johnson, "she's brand new".

If you are fussy about quality workmanship would highly recommend Pit Lane Automotive. Well done guys.

Cheers,
Gary.